“Duck. Duck. Goose...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar

The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar
Ranked #7 of 138 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We're pretty lucky in this little corner of the world. Sandwiched between the fishing fleets of Stonington and Point Judith, we are fortunate to have access to some of the best and freshest seafood in the world. Oysters from Charlestown. Tautog and striped bass from Point Judith. Sourcing only the finest local ingredients. We look forward to serving you.
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Duck. Duck. Goose...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Heading out with fellow foodies Lynn and Leo we played our normal game of "list the places" and then decide. I hadn't been to the Sea Goose and had heard they'd done a good job on the remodel and the food.

The place is warm and inviting, attractive without the show of effort, well spaced for comfort and conversation. The things I noticed right off the bat, a great welcome and management on the floor chatting and watching, bright clean windows and just the right noise. The place was active and the sound of good food, friends and activity just added to the ambiance without a deafening din that often makes you scream at your dinner partners.

The menu is small but ample with solid eclectic choices, the bar well stocked and the servers well versed. All the appetizers, Calamari, Oysters and Pate were well prepared and presented. My fish and chips featured an excellently prepared fish and hand cut chips, mmm. I will note the shrimp on the salad could've been grilled or marinated for a nicer approach.

I guess the only change I'd make would be cloth napkins at dinner and ketchup in bottles versus plastic mystery squeeze bottles.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank YnotSivraj

new haven, ct
“Great end to a great day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had left the Ocean House in Watch Hill after a day of pampering and was looking for a place for dinner. This isn't the first time I have searched the area for a local place - even a diner - and I didn't think I would find anything. Applebee's, Ninety-Nine..c'mon, something different? I happened to pass the Sea Goose in my search.

It was a very crowded Saturday night but as I was alone I got a place right away. Prices were reasonable and the selection was ample - from vegetarian to seafood to meats. I had the house made pate (haven't had pate in ages) and it was very gppd. Fried oysters - I get them whenever they are on a menu. The best I ever had were in Northern California, next I'd rate sono Seaport in Norwalk - the rest are okay, but don't rise to that level. These did. Big gulf oysters, very lightly battered, non-greasy, lots of flavor. I opted out of the French fries and had roast cauliflower and carrots - light and surprisingly good - not hard, not mushy - and for having no sauce whatsoever, not dry and not at all blah. Cole claw was also good - and I am not a cole slaw fan.

The service was among the best I have had at a restaurant of this caliber Attentive without being obsequious. Michael, the server, noticed I was reading a book and asked if I would like to takr my time with the pate. He waited until I was finished with it to ask if I then wanted my dinner order put in. so the timing was perfect .

All in all, a great way to end an Ocean House day without a letdown!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank sullific
east greenwich, rhode island
“Very good dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Came here after reading the reviews on trip advisor. Let's start with drinks. The Bloody Mary was great...spicy and delicious! Ordered the East Beach Blonde oysters which were some of THE best oysters I have ever eaten! Maggie's mussels were phenomenal....great favors! The beet salad was very yummy. I had the boiled lobster dinner and was very pleased. My dining companion had shrimp and grits and it was as good as anything I have ever eaten in the south! For dessert we had pumpkin pie and it was good also. Only criticism was the service, which was good, not great, hence the very good rating.

Visited October 2013
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Best Seafood Resturant in Southern Rhode Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

As locals, we have dined at this restaurant on several occasions. In addition, we know the other area restaurants as well. I can confidently recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys fresh seafood. In addition, my wife (a non-seafood person) enjoys the other choices on the menu as well. The Sea Goose offers a great ambiance, delicious food and a varied seasonal menu. Visit and enjoy. I highly recommend that you make reservations on weekends, holidays, and anytime in July and August.

Visited October 2013
South Kingstown, Rhode island
“Fresh new addition to Westerly Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were lucky enough to try this new restaurant for the first time during Westerly's Restaurant week when we could get a three course lunch for only $15.00. We had a cup of lobster bisque which seemed a popular choice for most of our fellow diners. Fish and chips were especially fresh as were oysters on a later visit. The batter was not overly heavy and very crisp. The coleslaw, freshly made in house was excellent in place of the French Fries and substituted with no problem. The Asian Calamari was excellent with subtle flavors served over excellent rice noodles. The lobster rolls came in two versions, cold or warm, the latter with a wine/butter sauce on the side. They were on a long roll and only made of lobster meat dominated by two large claws. Their Apple tart was excellent although there were several other house made desserts available. We did not have reservations but were seated cheerfully with our choice of location, either at tables in the bar or the very sunny dining room. The decor is greatly improved over the prevously very dark former restaurant. The owners also own "The Cooked Goose" and both restaurants offer high quality and loving care in their food.

• Visited October 2013