“Every meal was delicious!”

The Kitchen at Pleasant View Inn
Ranked #33 of 143 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Kitchen is located at Pleasant View Inn and offers two oceanfront dining experiences. So whether you are in the mood for a casual lunch or a relaxing dinner prepared by our Chef, we are here to satisfy you. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served seven days a week.Our Dining Room is a sun filled room with extensive views of the ocean and menu options for every appetite.The Tavern offers a more casual atmosphere, but the same great food and view. With a great wrap-around bar, it's perfect for grabbing a late afternoon cocktail or a quick bite to eat.
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

We ate breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks during our week long vacation. The food and service were great! I would recommend thus restaurant to anyone looking for great food and atmosphere!

1  Thank Ppellie

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Went to the dining room at the Pleasant View Inn in June. Being early in the season, it was not busy- there were only three other parties present. I had the salmon and it was excellent! Someone else in my party ordered the $44 piece of beef. When cut into, it was evident that this filet had been nuked in the microwave. WHAT?!? It was thoroughly brown all the way through- the interior color matched the exterior color. Who would do such a thing to an expensive piece of meat? And why? Certainly, the chef was not busy preparing meals for other parties. I have no idea how or why this could happen- the food is generally quite good here! Someone made an enormous error in judgement, and I certainly hope it is not repeated! (The other diners at the table had finished their meals when the second filet made it to the table- one of our worst dining experiences).

3  Thank susanN_Providence_Ri
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Had an excellent meal of fresh sea food at the restaurant. Each dish was brought steaming hot to the table by our friendly waiter Stephen. The quality was good and the portions generous. Three of us dined and we all enjoyed our meals. The view is wonderful and you could talk across the table without shouting. The dining room is bright, nicely casual but plain, so if you are looking for a fancy room or modern decor, this is not it. I would definitely go back.

4  Thank PhylG
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Get the fresh fish (haddock, I beleive), stuffed with crab stuffing and topped with a lobster sauce...delicioso! The PVI is known for this classical New Englad dish. I had to order it, and was not disappointed at all. A glass of chardonnay to accompany the meal made, along with beautiful ocean views...it the perfect dinner.

4  Thank PlanetBetsy
Reviewed July 4, 2014

After a day at the beach as Misquamicut we came here for dinner. I made reservations for the patio as it was a beautiful night. Our food was delicious. I had the salmon and it was served with a mango salsa that was very tasty. Service was great - our waiter Stephen was from Jamaica and he was just delightful and kept coming over to check on us. Great food and great service! We all had seafood dishes and everything was great.

2  Thank 743alicial