“An OK Restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Providence, Rhode Island
“An OK Restaurant”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Trattoria Longos is a decent restaurant and offers another choice to the growing list of restaurants in the Westerly area. The food and service are acceptable, although based on our experience we'd recommend going with the seafood selections and not the chicken-based entrees. Don't expect an NYC or Providence experience in terms of fine Italian dining or ambience, but then again Longos doesn't pretend to be at that level. Might be worth a try as an alternative to other downtown Westerly restaurants, but based on our experience it's not a place you need to rush to.

• Visited August 2013

Rhode Island
“Mama's Meatballs - Delicioso!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Jerry Longo's mama was an incredible cook. The meatballs are a pivotal part of the menu, and remind me of my days at the University of Rhode Island, rooming in a private home in Peacedale, RI. Once a week we ate at Al's who we believed could make 4 pounds of meatballs from one pound of meat. This is not meant as criticism, but praise, for Al's were and Longo's are.... the best!!! The service was a tad slow, but the waitstaff was very busy but courteous and helpful with menu recommendations. A very busy night. A well rounded moderately priced wine list with lots of true Italian varieties. The meatball salad is incredible!! This is sure to become a family favorite, especially for my Italian wife. I've gotta try the rigatoni with Sunday Pork Sauce, a staple in any Italo American household which they were out of, on our visit (sob)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TedERhodeIsland
Hopkinton, Rhode Island
“Like being in Roma”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Ive been here a few times with my wife and the food is always superb. Carmella makes us feel right at home. Gerry, the owner, has even shared a recipe for a shrimp brushetta dish which I tried to copy on Christmas eve. His was better......Great place to go...Always hopping....

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank kevcampo001
Waterford, Connecticut, United States
“Great service and good food.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We ended up here on a Saturday evening since we were in the area visiting a winery and taking in the beach etc. We sat outside so I can't really comment on the inside or the bar area, but we were comfortable and had a great waiter. We started off with the meatball salad and fresh eggplant and mozzarella plate. Both were very tasty. My dirty martini's hit the spot and both my husband and I enjoyed our main dishes. He had a pasta and sausage dish and I had the veal marsalsa. Initially, when our entrees arrived I thought they looked a little small, but honestly they were the perfect size. When we were finished we both commented on the fact that we were comfortably full. It was a nice way to finish our evening and I overall I was very satisfied with the service and food.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank MelissaP940
Stonington, Connecticut
“Best restaurant in Westerly”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit and both were wonderful. I don't understand any of the negative reviews. The staff is friendly and the service is prompt for a very busy operation. The cuisine is New York Italian. Fresh, fresh, fresh. Authentic, not like most of the " Italian" restaurants in the area. Last night was veal night for the four of us. The veal with arugula, the Parmesan and the veal chop special, were all superb. Tender and tasty. Our starter salads were ample. The martini list is extensive, try the cucumber. Yum.
The four of us agreed that it is definitely our favorite restaurant in the area and that it's worth at least a monthly visit.

Visited April 2013