“Run don't walk away from this place!”
Review of Trattoria Longo - CLOSED

Trattoria Longo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hello! We have re-located our business, you will find us at Longo Ristorante & Pizzeria. 84 High St. Westerly, RI 02891
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food is okay but the owner and his manager sister are rude, obnoxious, and ungracious. This restaurant is not catering to a Westerly crowd. We spent the night listening to the f-words fly from the guests next to us. Totally out of line but condoned by the owner. You couldn't pay me to go back. What a waste of a lot of money. There are too many nice places in Westerly that deserve and appreciate your business.

4  Thank rhodeislandman

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have had some good meals here but the last visit was a dissappointment. After being told that we would be seated at the next table, we were passed over for four tables because friends of the staff kept coming in. After we complained, they finally seated us.

My daughter ordered lobster Fra Diavalo. Several minutes after everyone else was served, they brought my daughter a plate of pasta with 3 small limp shrimp on top. We called the waitress back to ask where the lobster was and she told us they were out of lobster. Since everyone else was almost done with their meals, my daughter was too embarrassed to send her dish back and start all over again. We ended up getting her a pizza on the way home. To add insult to injury they did not remove the meal from our bill but only gave us a few dollars off a "lobster dish" that cost $36.

1  Thank voxri
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I received a gift card to Longo's for Christmas, and have been eager to use it. We decided lat night was the night, so we hopped in the car and drove over an hour to their Westerly location. The building itself offers a private parking lot and two entrances. We sat at a private table in the corner and began looking over the menus. The service was timely, knowledgeable and precise! We ordered two glasses of wine: Riesling and prosecco, as well as two appetizers: Antipasta and Calamari. Both the drinks and the apps were incredible. They also bring over fresh bread with oil, cheese, and red pepper flakes for dipping. For entrees, Longo's was featuring a vast variety of specials, as well as their everyday menu. We decided on chicken marsala and penne alfredo with chicken. Both meals were mouth watering, made to order, and piping hot upon arrival. We concluded our meal with a glass of their house-made peach cello, which I would highly recommend.
Thanks so much Longo's for a GREAT dining experience! We will visit again soon!

3  Thank Jeanie G
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined here last evening. The only good thing I can say is that our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. The hostess greeted us while on her cell phone and stayed on the phone most of the evening. I also got the chicken picatta and it was cold and not very tasty. The place is loud and made for a less enjoyable evening. Everything is served al a carte so was pricey for bad food. There are many more great places to try.

4  Thank Cyoung09081
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just got back from one of the worse restaurant experiences ever! How this place has even gotten one good review is beyond me. I ordered chicken picatta and it was rubbery. I mean so bad I couldn't even cut it and the texture made me gag.
Now I was with a rather large party, so I didn't want to make a fuss. When the waitress came over and asked me if I wanted to wrap up my food and I said no I didn't like it. She said in a hostile tone what's wrong with it. I explained and she said thats the first. I said I wasn't making it up and that I didnt even take two bites. Instead of saying I'm sorry or can I get you something else she just walked away and made me pay for it. Honestly, I have never encountered such a rude waitress. I think she may have been the owner's sister but that is still no excuse. She should be fired!
So in the end, don't eat there. There are so many other nice restaurants in Westerly with great food and wonderful service.

4  Thank Truth3021