“Don't go!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Don't go!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just got back from one of the worse restaurant experiences ever! How this place has even gotten one good review is beyond me. I ordered chicken picatta and it was rubbery. I mean so bad I couldn't even cut it and the texture made me gag.
Now I was with a rather large party, so I didn't want to make a fuss. When the waitress came over and asked me if I wanted to wrap up my food and I said no I didn't like it. She said in a hostile tone what's wrong with it. I explained and she said thats the first. I said I wasn't making it up and that I didnt even take two bites. Instead of saying I'm sorry or can I get you something else she just walked away and made me pay for it. Honestly, I have never encountered such a rude waitress. I think she may have been the owner's sister but that is still no excuse. She should be fired!
So in the end, don't eat there. There are so many other nice restaurants in Westerly with great food and wonderful service.

4 Thank Truth3021

New England
“Close to perfect!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My girlfiend and I wanted to try this restaurant as it is local and we had a craving for Italian. We had heard good comments from friends. When we drove in, the parking lot gave the appearance of a long wait. We came in the back and walked past a full dining room, well spaced and not too loud. The hostess took our name and coats and suggested we go to the bar and it would be a 30 to 40 minute wait. We were served quickly at the bar and our "window front" table for two came after only a 20 minutes. (It was a nice surprise to be seating faster than expected) We decided on the nightly special shrimp appetizer and veal entre. Both were out of this world; cooked perfectly and amazinly flavorful. Our waitress Colletta was happy, vibrant, professional and fun. ( she is not a relative of ours!) Prices are reasonable for the quality, quantity and over all satisfaction. The chef (owner we think) was in the dining room several times and did ask us how we were doing. ( a nice touch of personal importance). We would highly recommend people to try this resturant knowing it is a wonderful local place of great food and great value.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank ColeNewEngland
RI
“It's All WHO You Know At Longo's.....I Know I Won't Be Back”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I and two other couples dined at Trattoria Longo's in December. We ate there because one of my friend's knew the chef/owner. The place is very small and loud. Our first experience in December the busboy had a wicked nasty personality, we said hello to him and he didn't acknowledge any one of the six of us. The waitress was funny and great the food was good.

My wife and I decided to return with a few friends. Trattoria Longo does not accept reservations.....When we arrived at 7:30 we gave our name to the thin redheaded woman at the podium. She informed us the wait might be an hour which wasn't a problem it was a relaxed night so we hung out at the small bar area having cocktails. The bartender (male blonde hair) had zero personslity didn't smile got our drink orders wrong 2x despite being heavily tipped (30%). The female bartender was pleasent enough. During our wait I observed at least 5 other parties of 4 that were not waiting anywhere in the restaurant appear and were whisked to tables clearly being held for them. But there are no reservations here? 1 1/2 hours later my wife went to the podium and was informed it may be another hour before we would be seated. The people that were being seated ahead of us clearly had relationships with employees as was evidenced by the people being greeted with hugs etc. Within earshot of the redheaded woman I vocalized my frustration at the seating system to my wife and our friends to which she rudely interrupted my conversation and asked me to point out the people that were seated while we were waiting. I informed her I wasn't going to parade around the restaurant pointing people out. She then replied that we should leave if we weren't happy. That's exactly what we did.

We went to a reliable incredible Italian restaurant Casa Della Luce. The atmosphere my not be as chic but the employees are much nicer and the authentic Italian food is phenomenal.

N.B. to Trattoria Longo as a professional I practice law for a living and own several other businesses in RI including restaurants and bars. The redhead should have never interfered in my conversation. But since she did and engaged me, the proper way to have handled this situation was to diffuse it, not exacerbate it. The redhead at the front has already cost you business and her ignorance and unprofessionalism will likely continue to do so in the future.

9 Thank Andrew B
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Outstanding food and service.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This incarnation of the former Bruno's is a cut above. In fact, Longo's has quickly earned a reputation for being the best Italian eatery in town. Large portions of delicious classic Italian dishes with each taste better than the last. While the location may not seem like much, tucked up by the railroad tracks, it's all warmth and friendliness inside. The wine selection is small, but very good. The menu, while not vast, has well chosen items with something to please everyone. Great for couples on a romantic date, a special occasion or a small group.

Visited December 2012