“You Have to Try Ella's”

Ella's Fine Food and Drink
Reserve with OpenTable
Ella's Fine Food and Drink is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 144 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Granite & Ward Sts
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/ellas-fine-food-and-drink-westerly
Reviewed August 1, 2014

A very creative and delicious (and surprising!) French-Asian fusion restaurant, in an area where you might be expecting conventional crabcakes and lobster. There's both a casual pub-style side, as well as a white-linen tablecloth side. In the dining room, we had EXCELLENT table service from our waiter and the other staff. The dishes were amazing (incl. octopus salad, scallop entrees and irresistible desserts) and the chef made an appearance in the dining room, and spent several minutes talking with us at our table. One of our best overall dining experiences ever!

1  Thank Steve J

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Finally made it to Ella's and had a truly memorable meal. A busy Saturday night for the staff-it was evident that they were stretched thin. I did not mind at all, my mother was less patient. I imagine that regularly the service is close to 5 star-just not on this particular night.
Starters: mussels and bread-unique and delightful flavors- the broth had leeks, my favorite!
Intermezzo: mozzarella and prosciutto with ?micro greens - filling and delicious, delicate sliced meat dances with the full, juicy full body mozzarella Excellent
Entree pan seared scallops: it was ok, I was a bit bored but I savoured the crunch with the beets. The scallop itself needed something... Maybe another minute to seer, perhaps a thicker glaze? The entree selection was extensive and I will be sure to try a different one next time.
Desert: brown sugar creme brûlée - FanTastiC

I will return very soon. The decor is not my taste-however; the view out the windows is best kept closed out by the window treatments

And for Mike G the waiter, he did not wait on us but was clearly the highest performing server

1  Thank princessbadissa
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Four friends ate at Ella's last weekend. We all loved our food, appreciated the competent service and the fact that the noise level made conversation possible. I've always wanted to try Mac and Cheese and thought this side dish was extraordinary. My husband who is a meat eater, ordered the vegan dish and loved it. The inventive menu made for difficult decisions. All of the food coming out of the kitchen looked terrific. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to Westerly diners and plan to return again soon.

1  Thank CSR617
Reviewed July 24, 2014

On vacation in CT, and we traveled to this restaurant for dinner. Not disappointed, meal was just scrumptious. Wife had halibut, with lobster mac and cheese. Just fantastic.
Son had the crabby scallops, wonderful, and I had the salmon over wild rice.
Everything was as expected wonderfully delicious. We live in SW florida, and have eaten
many times in the owners other restaurant in Punta Gorda FL. Same high quality,and service.
Food is always top notch. You will not be disappointed.Expect to pay premium for this food
and service.

2  Thank BernieL143
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Very surprised with everything at this quaint restaurant . Must of changed owners since last time visited and what a difference. The menu was very diverse and extremely creative. Everything you could possible want on menu and a wonderful twist to each dish. Can't say enough about the delicious scallops and halibut we ordered and the lobster Mac and cheese was overflowing with lobster. Tough to get a reservation but large bar with a first come first serve basis and great atmosphere. Will be back !

2  Thank AReach