“Ella's is the place for a Superb Dining Experience in Westerly RI”

Ella's Fine Food and Drink
Reserve with OpenTable
Ella's Fine Food and Drink is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 143 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Granite & Ward Sts
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/ellas-fine-food-and-drink-westerly
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had the unique opportunity to dine at the new ELLA's Restaurant in Westerly RI last week and found it superb and absolutely gourmet. A friend of mine who was here from out of town and also an employee for a company that rates 5 star hotels was really overwhelmed with the quality of food, the beautiful presentation ( Scallops with lump crab shredded over..) and also excellent service from our server, Daniella. The chef sent over some tiny little appetizers as well as the petit fours for dessert...and all of this with a quiet and elegant reserve. This is not for everyday dining as the entrees were a bit pricey for the area ( 28-35.00) and salads between 10 - 12.00 but for that special occasion or a nice Holiday meal, I would not hesitate to suggest this to any local diners or someone from the area. Please call in advance to check the selections for the evening as the menu is not huge, but if you like Asian Fusion with a dash of local seafood, etc, try this establishment and come away with a very satisfied appetite!

There are newer reviews for Ella's Fine Food and Drink

Reviewed March 20, 2013

International business associates continue to rave about the food and the experience of dining at Ella's. Cultural challenges were swiftly ignored and food from pork belly taco appetizers to the fresh fish special were dispatched in earnest. I had fried chicken which was extraordinary. We are making plans for our next meeting to include a meal at Ella's. Prices are higher than typical for the area, but there is a surprising range of prices on the menu and the result is excellent value.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were excited to try this "new" restaurant and heard some good things from friends but getting a reservation last minute was tricky. I was impressed that they were able to squeeze my wife and I into a reservation at 6PM on a Saturday night (online booking had them full with only 8:30PM available). They had valet parking, and the manager/host, Michael (if I am remembering his name correctly) was cordial, welcoming, called me by my name several times throughout the night, and led us to our table immediately. I do have to say, the service is quite amazing, and they had a young lady who essentially "circled" the dining area making sure every need was taken care of fro each table. Our server (I apologize for not remembering his name) had only been at Ella's for about two weeks. He did a fine job and was very attentive.
To begin with we had wine with apps and I basically told the server my taste in wine, and trusted his judgement, great glass of Cab for me, white for my wife.

For first course we had: SWEET & SPICY CALAMARI - flash fried squid, tossed with cilantro-green onion, crushed peanuts $12. and WARM GOAT - marinated chévre, kalamata olive tapenade, roasted red pepper, eggplant caponata, grilled ciabatta $13. Both dishes were great and well done! A+

We shared the WARM FRESH MOZZARELLA & PROSCIUTTO - housemade mozzarella, arugula, heirloom tomato, 12-year balsamic & cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil $12. Also excellent and plenty for two! BTW, my wife was very impressed with the amuse-bouche they brought out between courses.

For dinner I was torn between a few options, and when our "neighbor's" dish came out I discreetly asked my server what her had...IT LOOKED AMAZING! So I had the DOMESTIC WAGYU SHORT RIB - grilled and slow braised boneless wagyu short rib, roman gnocchi, winter greens, braising sauce $30. It was amazing, VERY rich, as one would expect with french cuisine. My wife was actually looking forward to the infusion of Asian/French cooking, and saw something online that she was excited have. Unfortunately, and this is really the only negative thing we can say, it was not on the actual menu. So she "settled for the ORGANIC SALMON UDON- pan seared salmon udon noodles, sauteed shitake mushrooms, bok choy, sesame ginger butter $25. All in all I found mine to be A++++ and excellent, she thought her dish to be a bit to rich in taste, though excellent. She took 3/4's of her dish home, and I was able to eat it the next day. It was def. rich in flavor and taste, but well done.
We had no room for dessert, and in the end for about $180.00 (food, tax, 22% tip) it was a nice dining experience in Westerly, and really no need to drive 45 minutes to Providence for that Elegant dining experience anymore. I would recommend trying Ella's, and though we didn't sit in the "bar area" it appeared they had a nice lounge, with Sports TV, etc...

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Dined at Ella,s 3/2/13, 2. Service was excellent. No wait for table at promised reservation time. Full menu slanted toward fish but choices broard. Will return.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Based on the great reviews of this restaurant, we decided to try it. We were glad we did. Everything we ordered was exceptional. The short ribs were amazing. The only negative was our waiter was a bit snobby and condescending. Although the service was excellent, he did not offer any suggestions or opinions when asked. I will definitely return but try not to get the same waiter.