“Extraordinary”

Ella's Fine Food and Drink
Reserve with OpenTable
Ella's Fine Food and Drink is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 147 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Granite & Ward Sts
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/ellas-fine-food-and-drink-westerly
Reviewed March 20, 2013

International business associates continue to rave about the food and the experience of dining at Ella's. Cultural challenges were swiftly ignored and food from pork belly taco appetizers to the fresh fish special were dispatched in earnest. I had fried chicken which was extraordinary. We are making plans for our next meeting to include a meal at Ella's. Prices are higher than typical for the area, but there is a surprising range of prices on the menu and the result is excellent value.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were excited to try this "new" restaurant and heard some good things from friends but getting a reservation last minute was tricky. I was impressed that they were able to squeeze my wife and I into a reservation at 6PM on a Saturday night (online booking had them full with only 8:30PM available). They had valet parking, and the manager/host, Michael (if I am remembering his name correctly) was cordial, welcoming, called me by my name several times throughout the night, and led us to our table immediately. I do have to say, the service is quite amazing, and they had a young lady who essentially "circled" the dining area making sure every need was taken care of fro each table. Our server (I apologize for not remembering his name) had only been at Ella's for about two weeks. He did a fine job and was very attentive.
To begin with we had wine with apps and I basically told the server my taste in wine, and trusted his judgement, great glass of Cab for me, white for my wife.

For first course we had: SWEET & SPICY CALAMARI - flash fried squid, tossed with cilantro-green onion, crushed peanuts $12. and WARM GOAT - marinated chévre, kalamata olive tapenade, roasted red pepper, eggplant caponata, grilled ciabatta $13. Both dishes were great and well done! A+

We shared the WARM FRESH MOZZARELLA & PROSCIUTTO - housemade mozzarella, arugula, heirloom tomato, 12-year balsamic & cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil $12. Also excellent and plenty for two! BTW, my wife was very impressed with the amuse-bouche they brought out between courses.

For dinner I was torn between a few options, and when our "neighbor's" dish came out I discreetly asked my server what her had...IT LOOKED AMAZING! So I had the DOMESTIC WAGYU SHORT RIB - grilled and slow braised boneless wagyu short rib, roman gnocchi, winter greens, braising sauce $30. It was amazing, VERY rich, as one would expect with french cuisine. My wife was actually looking forward to the infusion of Asian/French cooking, and saw something online that she was excited have. Unfortunately, and this is really the only negative thing we can say, it was not on the actual menu. So she "settled for the ORGANIC SALMON UDON- pan seared salmon udon noodles, sauteed shitake mushrooms, bok choy, sesame ginger butter $25. All in all I found mine to be A++++ and excellent, she thought her dish to be a bit to rich in taste, though excellent. She took 3/4's of her dish home, and I was able to eat it the next day. It was def. rich in flavor and taste, but well done.
We had no room for dessert, and in the end for about $180.00 (food, tax, 22% tip) it was a nice dining experience in Westerly, and really no need to drive 45 minutes to Providence for that Elegant dining experience anymore. I would recommend trying Ella's, and though we didn't sit in the "bar area" it appeared they had a nice lounge, with Sports TV, etc...

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Dined at Ella,s 3/2/13, 2. Service was excellent. No wait for table at promised reservation time. Full menu slanted toward fish but choices broard. Will return.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Based on the great reviews of this restaurant, we decided to try it. We were glad we did. Everything we ordered was exceptional. The short ribs were amazing. The only negative was our waiter was a bit snobby and condescending. Although the service was excellent, he did not offer any suggestions or opinions when asked. I will definitely return but try not to get the same waiter.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was our first time at Ella's and I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant which has been opened for about 9 months now. From the warm welcome we received to our waiter recommending wine to pair with our dinner, each portion of our meal was flawless. I had the morel dusted scallops and they were heavenly, My husband and a friend had the hanger steak from the prix fixe menu and they were very pleased. The butternut/pear soup was great. We loved the food, atmosphere and the service so much that we will be back very soon. The owners Jeanie and James Roland are perfectionists and we were the beneficiaries. Thank you so much for a most enjoyable evening.