“Awesome place!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was a nice surprise find- GREAT food (gourmet, fresh pretzels) and a pretty extensive beer list (I recommend the barrel of beer). Nice servers and has an outdoor patio right by a river. I will be going back!!!

1  Thank Samantha M

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This family-friendly pub is in a great location along the river in downtown Westerly. I tried two IPAs and had one of their excellent, unique pretzels. The food offerings are not extensive, but what they have is very good. They also have a small back patio along the river which is wonderful on warm days.

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

We met friends for a drink at this small pub. They have a multitude of beers to offer and a great wine on tap- Jonathon Edwards stone red! They also offer sandwiches made on large soft pretzels. I had a grilled cheese and the combination of cheeses on it was heavenly. We'll worth the trip!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Yes, the Malted Barley attracts all types, which is usually true of any very popular gathering place. My friend and I scored the sole window table (seems they could probably fit at least one or two more round tops, which would really help w/ waiting parties), and, paired with my Citra Mantra beer and roast beef pretzel sandwich, I was in happy hour/early evening heaven. My friend had her usual -- chipotle pretzel. We want to come back with our teenaged daughters next time, and we noticed other older kids in the restaurant as well. Our female server was not friendly. Appreciate the the gender-neutral two bathrooms, wait (avoidance)-wise. Also surprised that Westerly looked as urbane on the outside, walking past our window seat, as the Barley looks on the inside.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The Malted Barley has a wide variety of nice beers (over 30 on tap).
And it serves homemade pretzels - a number of different types including stuffed + dips.
They go well with beer.
They even serve pretzel sandwiches - but, otherwise, no pub food.
It is friendly, roomy and clean.

1  Thank riny