“Great beer and sandwiches”
Review of The Malted Barley

The Malted Barley
Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Great beer and sandwiches”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice local bar with lots of delicious beer offerings for every different taste. Limited food menu but sandwiches are all on pretzels that are warm and quite tasty. Friday nights are very busy and service staff was really nice but not enough people on so a little slow. Gets crowded and loud inside but patio option is great for conversation.

• Visited August 2013

“Amazing”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I can not get enough of the pretzel sandwiches here. When ever my husband and I go out I ask if we can go here. I actually crave the roast beef sandwich!!! Not only are the sandwiches good there are so many beers to choose from!!!

• Visited July 2013
Norwich, Connecticut
“Lots of beer!..and good pretzels”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Best part of this place is the selection of beers on tap. They have maybe about 30 that they rotate every once in awhile, and you can do a flight and taste several or just go for one. I like the breakdown they give you on the menu, it tells you where they from, what type, and alcohol content. If you get there earlier in the evening, best thing is to sit at the bar, then you don't have to worry about cramming your way in to get a drink, and the bartenders are friendly and attentive. We had several beers while there this past weekend and also sampled the pretzel sandwiches and just regular pretzels. Good as always, crispy on the outside, chewy inside, good flavor. My only complaint would be the grilled cheese sandwich could use more cheese inside, which would make it excellent, rather than just very good :)

Visited August 2013
Norwich, Connecticut
“Wish we had a better experience!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

From all accounts, this place is fantastic. The beer selection was great, and the pretzel sandwiches sounded delicious. Unfortunately, after waiting 30 mins for a beer and an hour for food (which never came) we left. I understand if you're understaffed or very busy, but the waitress was clearly avoiding our table, walked by multiple times trying not to make eye contact, no explanation, apology or to ask if we'd like another drink while we waited for the food. Disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Jenny S
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Meet up with friends”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was on travel and had an in prompt tu meet up with some friends I hadn't seen in quite some time. The pub was spacious and had lots of seating. The over 20 options on tap were a pleasant surprise and the staff was always willing to make recommendations or offer a tasting. I did notice they also serve wine but was surprised to see red and white wine on tap. The atmosphere was lively but not too loud to carry on a conversation. I would go again and would also recommend this place for meeting friends.

Visited August 2013