“Great beer, pretzels, and friendly staff!”
Review of The Malted Barley

The Malted Barley
Ranked #2 of 144 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I loved this cool bar. The beer on tap is excellent and their selection of pretzels included stuffed pretzels and pretzel sandwiches. The bartender was very friendly and knowledgeable about beer. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stopped in here late one night with friends. The beer selection was quite impressive. So many rare pours to choose from, I had to get a sampler to try them all. I had a pretzel sandwich with goat cheese, walnuts, arugula... it was fantastic! Would definitely go here again.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Basically a young person's hangout. Atmosphere is a little bland and lacks comfortable booths. Beer selection is the feature of the day. The food is good but only a few pretzel sandwiches offered. Crowd can get rowdy and obnoxious especially the outside smokers.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a pretty popular spot in downtown. It can get pretty busy on the weekend nights. They have some delicious flavored warm pretzels with assorted sauces. I went for the garlic and loved it. The beer selection is fabulous! They have the sampler sizes too. I discovered some new drafts that were excellent. Service was very helpful in selecting food and drink. I definetely plan to return.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've been to the Barley a few times, but the past two times I have had the same waitress and the same poor experience with her. She had a bad attitude, probably said five words to us the entire night, and didn't crack a single smile at our table or walking around. It's too bad. All of the other staff is awesome, and the pretzels+beer are great, but this waitress had such a bad impression on my friends and I that we haven't been back.