“Good location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Westerly
Atlantic Inn Resort
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Westerly
Reviewed September 11, 2006

My wife and I stayed from the day after Christmas until the day before New Years Day. It is a great central location to visit to see Watch Hill, Newport, Mystic, and Mohegan Sun Casino. We hope to visit again this year.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Old_Noonatic

Boston, MA
Reviewed May 26, 2005

Very disappointing stay at the Atlantic Inn. The first unit we were given (#10) had wires hanging from the ceiling in lieu of a smoke detector. We complained, and were told that they were waiting for a replacement. After some hesitation, they probably realised this was illegal, and we were offered another unit (#11). The TV in that unit had intermittent problems, and eventually failed completely. We asked for it to be repaired or exhanged, and left for the day. Upon our return - no change. When we asked we were told that they could not access the unit as we had the only keys - they had no Master key apparently. Again, we moved to another unit (#5). In this unit, the Jacuzzi tub did not work (there was the same problem in unit 11). Units 5 and 11 and the pool area had ant traps in them, which we were not warned about. Through all this, the customer service ranged from lukewarm to hostile and unhelpful - the check-in list of "don't's" is not particularly welcoming.

Other low points were very cheap furnishings such as towels (poor quality and not many of them), pillows (ditto) and plates etc. There is no housekeeping other than towel exchange (on specific days only) unless you pay extra. Additional towels cost extra too.

I try to find good everywhere, so I will say the indoor heated pool was very nice, but that is really all I can say good about this place.

• Stayed: May 2005
20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 18, 2004

My family and I stayed at the Atlantic Beach Inn the week of September 18th. We loved it. It is so conveniently located. Our accommodations were wonderful. We had three bathrooms, a great balcony, and everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. Phyllis, the manager, was friendly and helpful. We would definitely go back again.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Stamford CT
Reviewed May 31, 2004

The place is nothing what I thought it would be for a resort on the beach, and the rooms look nice at first glance. But the longer we were there the more things I noticed needed repair. Its not the werst place I've stayed but it could use some more TLC.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed May 20, 2004

I have stayed at the Inn and have found it to be a perfect little resort for a quaint little New England beach community. My one suggestion to the "TripAdvisor" who wrote in - perhaps you should contact the resort again. I had an extremely informative meeting with the project director, David. He was most helpful and will go out of his way to assist if he can. The biggest problem we encountered is the parking situation. The lot is small, adequate for guests staying but extra vehicles during the busy season is practically an impossibility. So, if there are 2 couples sharing a unit, by all means travel in one car, cause one of you can't park there. Other than that, the indoor heated pool, the hot tub and the jacuzzi in our room was fabulous. The kitchens are just like home - oven, range, microwave, fridge, dishwasher...and the staff is terrific!
If you are lucky enough to get accommodations, you will have a great time!

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, NJ
Reviewed September 21, 2003

Just got back from a vacation at Westerly, RI. where my brother had a timeshare at the Atlantic Inn. The timeshare advertised it was right on the beach but actually it was 1 block from ocean. Atlantic Inn was nice, we stayed in a condo for 4 but it lacked the accommodations, 1 couple had to live out of a suitcase because no place to put their clothes and extra for maid service if you stayed a week. Bring extra towels, they only gave you 1 towel to last 2 days. Lots of things to do in area.

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member