“Very Average” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Haversham Tavern

Haversham Tavern
Ranked #10 of 138 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New London, Connecticut, United States
“Very Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We met some friends here for New Years Eve. I know -this is not the night to judge a restaurant for it's food and service. Don't expect fine dining-after all it is a tavern. Go for the band on a regular night, cold beers and fried appetizers. We ordered the pizza, crab cakes and mac & cheese. The server forgot our silver ware and took forever to get the check.
Just don't take the food too seriously.

Westerly, Rhode Island
“Second chance... no thanks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Having recently moved to Westerly, my mother and little cousin were in town to visit me. They are a bit picky while I am a bit more relaxed. I have reviewed the Haversham before and gave them a poor review. I believe in second chances and I really want to like this place. The building and landscape is beautiful but I can not say the service or food is up to par. We decided on this place because my little cousin is an avid steak eater. Most other places in Westerly only serve rib eye which can be quite fatty and we were looking for a strip steak. So to the Haversham we went. We were seated immediately even though they seemed quite busy so that was good, however my little cousin is 11 and the hostess sat us in the bar area…. Anyways, we were famished so I immediately ordered an appetizer and drinks from the bar and a water. We got the drinks right away but no water. I noticed we did not have any silverware but assumed our server would notice. We got the appetizers after quite some time. Still, no water so I asked again. We ate up the appetizers which were quite good. The dinner took forever which was probably due to a back up in the kitchen. When our entrees were finally brought out we were never brought silverware and the server quickly dropped off the entrees so I did not have time to ask… still no water. I had to get up and ask a busser to bring us silverware as our server was no where to be found. Finally, we received silverware and after asking yet again I got my water. My entrée was quite bland and not worth the price, I got the mac and cheese… I could have made a better dish on my own for half the cost. My mother got the cob salad which had tomatoes that were far past their expiration date. My little cousin ordered the steak medium well which came out medium rare. The GM or owner came over and asked how everything was… we didn’t divulge our experience and regretted not doing so. They really need to work on their service and paying attention to details. I must say I will never come back here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank the401
westerly
“toooooo expensive for a small portion”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

I ordered bourbon sirloin tips. The amount of food i got including baked potatoe and a hand full of brokley was small for the $16.99 price. Each piece of sirloin tips was extremely fatty too!

1 Thank 13crystal
Warwick, Rhode Island
“great place to party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Went to their Halloween party, what a great time, plenty of costumes, live music, good food and beer, good-time tavern atmosphere, no upscale attitudes, just casual good time!

Visited October 2013
Stonington, Connecticut
“Loud Bar, Decent Food, Great for Sports”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

There are about 30 large screen TV's in the main dining area, so it is perfect if yo u are going to watch sports. That said, there are no booths and many hard surfaces, so it is extremely loud when the restaurant is moderately busy. The food lacks originality, such as six obviously frozen mozzzarella sticks served on a white plate, but it tastes okay. I go when I'm trying to watch a drink with friends, but if I'm craving awesome, original food, this isn't the place.

Visited October 2013