“Almost Perfect Experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

While house hunting in Westerly, we failed to make a reservation anywhere for dinner. Came across the Haversham Tavern online. The food was excellent, really hit the spot. Drinks were great, outstanding Plantar's punch. We were able to sit right down at 5:00, when we left, 6 couples waiting but not for long. Overall, highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Bob H

Reviewed September 30, 2013

haven't had a quesadilla in a while so I ordered one for take out big mistake I feel nauseous thinking about it. the salsa tasted like marinara... not pico de gallo and it had shredded chicken ... so gross. pretty building but if they screw up such a simple menu item I'm all set

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We found this restauant on TripAdvisor and were blown away with this place! We had to wait a bit but it was a Saturday night and obviously, the word is out that this is a great place. There are TV's everywhere in the bar area which we love, the food was fabulous and the service is great. The owner or owners are constantly out and about, assisting their staff to keep the meals moving. We will definitely be back when in the area.

1  Thank Bogus52
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We ate here under previous names and were told this was the best it has ever been. Ate in the bar which had many TV's. Place filled up rapidly. Food was very good. We shared chowder and clam fritters and both were great. My burger was great with house made chips. My wife's sesame chicken salad was very good except chicken should have been warmed a bit more. She also should have received bread or rolls. Will stop again to try other interesting menu items but will always order the fritters.

1  Thank yajman2016
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Although the menu doesn't contain a huge number of choices, the food overall and atmosphere is very nice. My husband said the calamari was the best he's ever had, and he has ordered it in many restaurants over the years, so that was high praise indeed. It was ordered as an appetizer but was a very generous portion that fed 3 diners. The prices are quite reasonable, the service was good and the restaurant itself is beautifully and tastefully decorated. The only minor quibbles would be that 4 of us were seated at a table with 5 chairs and they made no effort to remove the extra chair, and I noticed a similar situation at some of the other tables. Also, no bread basket was offered, although it's possible that one would be provided if we asked (we didn't). The lobster mac & cheese was excellent, and a neighboring table suggested we have the kitchen split the order into two dishes which they did with no extra charge. There was a considerable amount of lobster, mainly claw meat, in the dish. I ordered the baked haddock and it was also very good. We had heard the wait staff tell another table that the green beans were locally grown and I ordered them with my dinner - unfortunately they were overcooked and mushy, but otherwise the food was excellent. A side salad is available for an additional $1.99 and was very generously portioned. We will definitely return to this restaurant!

1  Thank carolwesterly