“The BEST for gear and current conditions!”

Watch Hill Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 6 Shopping in Westerly
More attraction details
Owner description: QUALITY FISHING PRODUCTS & SERVICES TO GET YOU FISHING FAST Rhode Island's Premier Bait and Tackle Shop At Watch Hill Outfitters, we offer a variety of fishing equipment and services. Learn more about our store, and benefit from our company owner's commitment to helping you purchase the right tackle for exploring the best fishing spots. All about Bait and Tackle When you are in need of bait and tackle, we have you covered. From live bait to frozen saltwater bait, we have it all. We even offer on-the-spot rod and reel repairs. Kayak Sales and Rentals Enhance your trip with kayak rentals from our shop. You can also purchase one of our vessels. Furthermore, we have our own launching area just for you right behind our shop on the Pawcatuck River.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Mike and his staff are the best! Always there when you need them...always there with great gear and up-to-date info on the current conditions! I highly recommend that you visit Mike anytime you're in the area!

1  Thank ADiOrio

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I started to go to Watch Hill Outfitters about ten years ago for all of my surfcasting gear. The fishing gear is top of the line equipment down to the economical gear for the weekend fisherman not wanting to spend as much. I have developed a special relationship with the owner and staff where fishing techniques or information is always available to support fishing in the local fishing waters. I always go to Watch Hill Outfitters first to obtain any of my fishing related items which they stand behind whether it be a big item or small item. You will not be disappointed I promise!

1  Thank DaveVoluntown
Reviewed May 16, 2013

What can I say. Mike is the "Einstein" of fishing reports, lures and rods/reels. He has all of your fishing wants and needs. You feel like a kid in a candy store. It is definitely worth your while to stop on by. He also always have available fresh local bait. I have never seen a better selection at a tackle shop than at Watch Hill Outfitters!!!

1  Thank Don M
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Owner Mike was very engaged and committed to making sure all my fishing needs were met. Great guy and great selection in the store. I'm a boater but saw lot's of great tackle for the surf junkies. It's nice that the owner actually gets out there fishing and is willing to share what's working with his customers. Shop has huge selection of lures but I made a special request and he called me two days later to say that it was in. Don't see customer service like that very often these days. Top shop in the area.

2  Thank SJO3
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I met Mike Wade shortly after moving to the area, what began as a simple stop for some bait has turned into meeting a great new friend. I've seen everyone from the brand new fisherman/woman to the most experienced come through his doors and everyone is treated the same with the utmost respect. Mike's knowledge of fishing from shore or boat is incredible, it's not just a business it's a passion. I encourage anyone whether on vacation and looking for a hot spot, what type of bait to use or how to rig it to stop in and say hello. Mike's grown his business into a world class store, while still keeping that local small shop feel. So stop in you won't be disappointed !!!

1  Thank Michael_Pasquale