“Worst experience from food to service!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bridge

Bridge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 138 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Danbury, Connecticut
“Worst experience from food to service!!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My boyfriend, 18month son & myself went to the Bridge for a second time to give the place another shot for a good meal. (The 1st time we waited to be acknowledged then waited to order our drinks 15 mins later & just as long for drinks, we ended up walking out) So we decided we will give them another shot. Server was nice but very quick to walk away before u were finished ordering drinks etc.(not a big deal) so we ordered clam chowder& some bread ( which is native to this area due to being so close to ocean) when we received the soup we both took our first spoon full & immediately looked at each other & say this doesn't taste right, it was sour & the cream was curtled as if it was a old batch or not properly put away. So it wasn't a huge deal(more of a disappointment) so we put both full bowls at edge of table so waitress would notice . After over 10 mins he finally came back in the room but went right to another table, she quickly walked back out( we were surprised she never came over to check how the soups were etc) We wanted to order another appetizer in time for our food as well as finding out where the bread is after all this time.But when she finally came back she came over thinking she was grabbing 2 empty chowders but they were full barely touched. She immediate said oh what happened? We said it was sour , prob old. Even though our meals were probably coming we asked about the bread because we were starving! She seemed as though she forgot & stated "oh yea the bread was frozen so it's still baking" obviously that was bs & she was prob just putting in bread order then. So our food ended coming out , My boyfriend got the fish & myself a wrap. So when she placed plate down she said oh the bread should be coming soon( we were like WTF by the time u bring bread we will be done eating) so of course he was specifically of fish seeing there clam chowder was sour & old. When he took bite he could tell it was cooked fully through, even I noticed the ish was mushy & so watery it wasn't even pure white some parts were clear/light pink.there wasn't anything Wrong w my wrap (considering they r simple to make) Obviously she disappeared, at that point we were so disappointed we just wanted to leave because my boyfriend didn't even get to eat anything(& it was his prebirthday dinner) so when she checks on us he had everything still on his plate & she didn't even notice . I had to call her back to tell her because she started to walk away. We aren't the type to complain but we had no control over how our food was serve to us, we had no choice but to tell them they aren't cooking seafood properly.( who knows if we were going to get sick from chowder to fish !so we asked for check, wanted to leave immediately. Of course the chowders were still on the bill along w the fish dinner that only had one bite out. So she had to come back & adjust. Most horrible experience ever from our food to the service . I work as a manger at a reportable restaurant & bar so I know this field of work like the back of my hand. What made it so bad was if the service could have made up for the horrible food but it was just as disappointing! They need MAJOR training FRONT & BACK! I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK!& I will make sure everyone I know hears how bad both of my experiences there was& NEVER RECOMMEND EATING THERE!

• Visited April 2013
6 Thank caybay0213

Watch Hill, Rhode Island
“Great food welcoming and warm hearth”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nice selection on their menu, relaxed and service oriented experience. Prices are manageable. In the nice weather the back deck sitting over the river is really fun.

Visited March 2013
Westerly, Rhode Island
“One of my favorites in westerly!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Gosh, been here many times for lunch and dinner. This resturant specializes in local, quality fresh food. My favorite is the fish tacos. Would like to see more tacos on the plate for the price.

Nice place to go in summer and sit out on the deck over the river. Music is played outside and musicians also entertain outside.

• Visited December 2012
Newtonville, New York
“Repeat visit, repeat WONDERFUL”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stopped in again because the first two experiences were so memorable. Cold day outside, but warming-nice fireplace and cozy inside. Lunch was so good, beers were varied and interesting. Bartender was a font of information. This will certainly be a regular stop.

• Visited January 2013
Heredia, Costa Rica
“Cozy table by the fire & great seafood”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We ate here after a recommendation to go for seafood and sit in the bar area. We went early, 6ish or so and found the reception immediately pleasing, The male at the host stand was warm and very hospitable- a nice surprise vs. the typical pretty, ditsy hostess that most restaurants hire.

We found a perfect table right by the fire and before the live music started so we could enjoy the fire and hear each other over the table during dinner. Great window views on the river. We shared some delicious raw oysters as an app and both ordered stuffed flounder because the special sounded so good. It was well prepared (a hard dish to mess up in my opinion) and we appreciated the decadent lobster cream sauce on top and nice portions. Very friendly server and seemed like a great townie hangout for those 30 something`s who live in the area. Nice atmosphere in the bar area and great windows and lighting. The fireplace really added to the overall experience.

• Visited November 2012