“Ok for the money” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 15 Westerly B&B and Inns
Union Dale
“Ok for the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We arrived in Rhode Island with no reservations at all. My husband saw this motel and stopped and inquired about vacancy. I had my reservatons. We booked the room for 3 nites. The room was very outdated but clean. What made up for it was the hospitality from the owners. They were very nice and told us alot about the area. They even built a fire for us at nite, and we all ate lobsters and clams together. The pool was spotless and the grounds were nice. I would stay there again. They are really trying to come back from a devastating fired they had. We if you want to save some cash for the rest of your trip you can do so here and still stay comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Wallingford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed here 4/3/11 horrible. Changed rooms to get off road. Pulled back sheets to find dried puke on the matress. When the wench owner came to the room it was with a barbrawl attitude and demended to see the problem. After seeing the puke she said people get sick here all the time. Changed rooms to a room with a completely broken bed that sagged close to 6" in the center, really sucked. The todler aged children are running around basically unattended and with their trailer park attitudes no wonder. Dirty, smelly and therer was sand all over the floor they just "cleaned". I can fully attest that these other reviews are accurate and would drive back home to central Connecticut for the night before staying at this dump again. Actually the dumpster behind Benny"s would be a better stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mike t
aquastar, Manager at Aquastar Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Sir, I do apologize for some yellow spot on sheet because it was overlooked by my newly trained housekeeper and at the same I time I offered to change the Bed sheet and also offered to change the room. But sir you have requested not to stay and all I said is I will give you full refund for not staying here which I did. I wasn't even rude, I just asked to let me check the room which I am supposed to make sure room is not been used. Again be respectful, we have 1687 rooms rented last summer in 2011 without any complains and they enjoyed it and promised to come back. Small mistakes can be corrected by giving chance operator to fix it.

Travelers are raving about these Westerly hotels

Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a reservation with this motel. A few years ago it looked great and it has a pool. So we made a reservation. Upon arrival nobody was at the front desk. The lobby furniture was filthy and there was a terrible smell. It looked unsafe for a family. I found out later they recently had a fire and were putting in new mattresses and fixing up the rooms. I found another motel which was in the same price range and was excellent! I cannot rate the rooms for we did not stay there. After confirming our new reservation I went back to cancel my reservation at the Aquastar. The person at the front desk was willing to cancel my reservation but keep the deposit. I said the place was filthy and I wanted my $40 deposit back as well. He said no and I started taking pictures and threatened to turn him in to the health authorities. After taking the photos he agreed to not charge me anything. He then started yelling and to me to leave get the [--] off his property. So I calmly got back in my car and drove away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Stevel317
aquastar, Manager at Aquastar Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
lobby wasnt dirty, you checked in earlier thinking everything should be ready. Our check in time after 2.00 pm. If you show up during breakfast time you wot be able to see lobby in a perfect shape. if you want to see nice and clean lobby you shuld check in after 2.00 pm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

150 dollars for a beat up room with no a/c hot water dirty sheets no toilet paper dispenser and 2 busted beds filled with sand.. and your neighbors that live in the third world country in the back was like watching Jerry Springer live. Absolutly groosssss and and nasty .. crack heads,kids out running around till midnight (10,and11) parents yelling get the F out here not to mention the one who wanted to give a bj for a pack of cigarettes..just beyond beat and disgusting

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank meatman703
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is the worst place in the hole area ...there was crackheads hanging out in front of our room . When we got there there was nobody to check us in instead they left the door to our open and we came to find another crackhead Laying in our bed we ended up leaving instantly.it was by far the worst place I've been to.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Ilovetakingtrips86
Waterbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

...So at $50 a night, I guess asking for a comfortable, clean room was out of the question. Booked for 2 nights - left by 10am after the first night. Bed was old & uncomfortable. There was no substance to it. Bathroom was filthy. bathtub was GROSS! No hot water. No stoppers for sink or tub. Towels were thread bare & filthy. Floor was filthy. Refrigerator didn't work. Ended up having to throw out all food that was to be refrigerated. Other "guests" appeared ... rather "seedy". WOULD NOT stay there again -even if they offered it for free. Spend the extra $25 & stay up the street at La Quinta!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank songbirdxox
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at this place for a w/e this summer because we thought we were getting a good deal for our money.the male owner seems ok, however the wife is rude!advertise for things then you dont get them. no in room coffeepots.they advertise for free local calls,then charge ten bucks a week. At other hotels local calls are included in price of room. During our stay we found out several rooms were bed bug infested. Our room was not really clean when we checked in. We saw the female owner be rude to several extended stay guests,even telling them they were not guests. These people are stuck in a bad situation and she goes out of her way to treat them worse! The first day we were there we had housekeeping service and my wifes earrings and prescription went missing. I dont think the male owner knows half of what goes on here. that his wife doesnt watch their kids,as their 2 yr old was by the pool one day Alone and totally nude.

• Stayed July 2010
4 Thank Purplecow76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerly
Winnapaug Inn
Weekapaug Inn
Weekapaug Inn
#2 of 15 in Westerly
4.5 of 5 stars 151 reviews

Been to Aquastar Inn? Share your experiences!