“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Westerly B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had a reservation with this motel. A few years ago it looked great and it has a pool. So we made a reservation. Upon arrival nobody was at the front desk. The lobby furniture was filthy and there was a terrible smell. It looked unsafe for a family. I found out later they recently had a fire and were putting in new mattresses and fixing up the rooms. I found another motel which was in the same price range and was excellent! I cannot rate the rooms for we did not stay there. After confirming our new reservation I went back to cancel my reservation at the Aquastar. The person at the front desk was willing to cancel my reservation but keep the deposit. I said the place was filthy and I wanted my $40 deposit back as well. He said no and I started taking pictures and threatened to turn him in to the health authorities. After taking the photos he agreed to not charge me anything. He then started yelling and to me to leave get the [--] off his property. So I calmly got back in my car and drove away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Stevel317
aquastar, Manager at Aquastar Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
lobby wasnt dirty, you checked in earlier thinking everything should be ready. Our check in time after 2.00 pm. If you show up during breakfast time you wot be able to see lobby in a perfect shape. if you want to see nice and clean lobby you shuld check in after 2.00 pm

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed July 11, 2011

150 dollars for a beat up room with no a/c hot water dirty sheets no toilet paper dispenser and 2 busted beds filled with sand.. and your neighbors that live in the third world country in the back was like watching Jerry Springer live. Absolutly groosssss and and nasty .. crack heads,kids out running around till midnight (10,and11) parents yelling get the F out here not to mention the one who wanted to give a bj for a pack of cigarettes..just beyond beat and disgusting

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank meatman703

Travelers are raving about these Westerly hotels

Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is the worst place in the hole area ...there was crackheads hanging out in front of our room . When we got there there was nobody to check us in instead they left the door to our open and we came to find another crackhead Laying in our bed we ended up leaving instantly.it was by far the worst place I've been to.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Ilovetakingtrips86
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed April 27, 2011

...So at $50 a night, I guess asking for a comfortable, clean room was out of the question. Booked for 2 nights - left by 10am after the first night. Bed was old & uncomfortable. There was no substance to it. Bathroom was filthy. bathtub was GROSS! No hot water. No stoppers for sink or tub. Towels were thread bare & filthy. Floor was filthy. Refrigerator didn't work. Ended up having to throw out all food that was to be refrigerated. Other "guests" appeared ... rather "seedy". WOULD NOT stay there again -even if they offered it for free. Spend the extra $25 & stay up the street at La Quinta!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank songbirdxox
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at this place for a w/e this summer because we thought we were getting a good deal for our money.the male owner seems ok, however the wife is rude!advertise for things then you dont get them. no in room coffeepots.they advertise for free local calls,then charge ten bucks a week. At other hotels local calls are included in price of room. During our stay we found out several rooms were bed bug infested. Our room was not really clean when we checked in. We saw the female owner be rude to several extended stay guests,even telling them they were not guests. These people are stuck in a bad situation and she goes out of her way to treat them worse! The first day we were there we had housekeeping service and my wifes earrings and prescription went missing. I dont think the male owner knows half of what goes on here. that his wife doesnt watch their kids,as their 2 yr old was by the pool one day Alone and totally nude.

• Stayed July 2010
4 Thank Purplecow76
Farmington
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My wife and I were very skeptical when we made reservations, but we decided to judge for ourselves. We made plans to stay for a Sunday and Monday night, but due to the weather, we decided to go down Saturday and stay Sat and Sun nights. The staff was very accommodating with our change. The room was clean and A/C worked like a charm and the TV was nice. The kicker here was the pool. Our kids loved coming back from the beach and "chilling out" in the pool. It allowed Mom and Dad time to organize and relax as well. We met some nice people from Montreal in the picnic area/fire pit area Sat night. Everyone was very friendly. For the price, this was an excellent choice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank UCONNFan86
East Nassau, New York
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We stayed there, and had two separate rooms. I found the owners very friendly . The rooms were find, and they were clean. We made our reservations before we read the reviews and were kind of scared. We looked at the rooms before we paid and they were fine. They were not luxury, but we don't spend our time in the room. The grounds we nice and the pool was clean. Picnic tables to sit at. I don't understand all the bad reviews.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerly
Winnapaug Inn
#3 of 6 in Misquamicut
Breezeway Resort
Breezeway Resort
#1 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Aquastar Inn? Share your experiences!