Review Highlights
A secret gem that is worth exploring

We held a bachelorette ride here with 12 girls and this place will not disappoint. Everyone at C&L... read more

Reviewed October 15, 2018
Batordog
New Haven, Connecticut
via mobile
Words are not enough here!

It was my first time ever to ride a horse. I was very scared, but my boyfriend convinced me to do... read more

Reviewed September 30, 2018
Inna M

All reviews trail riding riding experience friendly guide goddard park an experienced rider horses riders trot sweetness woods romeo newport
Reviewed December 22, 2017 via mobile

Horseback riding on the beach is an experience you should have. Experienced in July. Located on the road leading into Goddard State Park, East Greenwich RI. Lead by an experienced rider/employee. Trails were clearly marked and easy for the horses to walk,trot thru the woods and down to the beach and back to C&L Stables. Expect to spend total time about 1.5 hrs. from arrival to leaving C&L Stables.
Reservations required for beach ride. I scheduled the beach ride to coincide with low tide at Goddard Park Beach.
All in all we had a wonderful morning beach ride. Definitely recommend C&L Stables.
Patricia

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed October 6, 2017

C&L Stables in Goddard Park has much to offer! While there I was able to watch a large group go trail riding and
experience riding on the beach. We just let our little one go for a pony ride on Romeo. He loved it at only 3 years old I think they have just made a horse lover out of him. The staff were all so helpful and friendly!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank WarwickRi2016
Reviewed July 15, 2017

well worth doing ,, myself and my family really enjoyed the over all experience , the horses where extremely placid and the guide was extremely friendly

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 9, 2017

Recently we did a group ride with 8 of us. I was very impressed with the safety briefing and care the leaders too. Each rider was paired with an appropriate horse. A friend of mine was visiting from Michigan and beach riding is on her bucket list so of course we had to go here at my suggestion.
This time it was just the 3 of us and we opted for the longer beach ride. Our guide was Matt, who was one of the multiple guides who had taken us out on my previous visit with a larger group. He is excellent and very, very good at analogies when explaining to less experienced riders how to do something. He clearly loves his job and is an experienced rider.
The trails are scenic however it is public land so there are walkers, runners and dog walkers which you will encounter. We did canter and trot multiple times, ( this will depend on your level of experience and what you discuss ahead of time), however note that you may be limited if there are a lot of other people on the trails. I do feel this is good though since it is a safety issue.
I would suggest bringing your own hunt cap if you have one so you don't have to use one that others have ( think bowling shoes. They are sanitized but public).
Safety is a priority here. If you do have to leave a message, they will call you back but it may take awhile.
I definitely will come here again should I want to go trail riding. Also, if you have your own horse and can trailer, this is a great place to ride in Goddard Park.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed October 1, 2016

A group of 10 booked the bayside trail ride with Lee which follows the bay and a brief ride on the beach. Wonderful guides ride with you on this one hour ride. No experience is needed. The three stable guides who rode with us and instructed us what to do the entire way.$45pp worth every penny. You can use a credit card. Wear closed toe shoes and long pants.There are restrooms.
Since this is within Goddard State Park you can have a picnic,sit by the water or go to the beach.
Note your GPS will take you past the stables so ignore it when it tells you to drive straight. Rather look for the stable sign and turn into the first park entrance it is on the left. Wear closed toe shoes and long pants.

Date of experience: September 2016