SpringHill Suites Providence West Warwick
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in West Warwick
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. The customer service was friendly and helpful, as we arrived much earlier than our check-in and were accommodated with a room.

The room itself was spacious and the beds were o.k. The air conditioner was very loud, however, and the bathroom could use an upgrade.

Breakfast was complimentary, but it wasn't great. The eggs looked like they were powdered eggs, so we avoided them.

For the price, it was adequate, especially when compared to prices in Newport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Had reservations for a 1 wk. stay. We arrived at 4:30 and check in time is 3 so they had plenty of time, but we had to wait for a room to be ready. Got in the room and there was a plumbing problem with the room above us and they had to come in our room, just 5 mins after we arrived so we changed rooms, 2nd room air conditioner did not work, changed to 3rd room and had trouble sleeping because it's right off the hgwy and was very noisy, 4th room was handicap accessible and had no place to put your things (soap, shampoo, etc) in the shower and no bureaus. I would not mind but we were supposed to stay there for 1 wk. My husband went to speak with the manager who seemed to be very nice, but asked us to wait 30-40 mins till another room got cleaned, after 1 hr went by, I was so disgusted, I said lets just leave this place. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, ever, under no circumstances. Did not expect that from a Marriott. I guess things are bad in RI!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, not this one. I would recommend LaQuinta if your looking for a good value hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy O
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We chose this place due to family living close by. I would consider it adequate for the price. The rooms are very dated but clean. When we walked into the room we heard water running which was remedied with a jiggle of the handle. I would not consider that a problem but just an indication of the need for some updates. The staff was friendly enough and the breakfast was good. The rooms are well laid out with a separate sitting area. If they did some updating I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was our first time staying at the SpringHill Suites and we were satisfied with our stay. We were there as a family so it was 3 adults, 1 pre-teen, and a 1 year old in one suite with 2 Queen size beds. At first I was worried about lack of space for us all, but when we got into the room I saw that it really wasn't bad at all. The room was clean, the bed and pillows were comfortable, there was a sitting area with a second tv and a sofa bed which made the sleeping arrangements even better. The air conditioner worked so well that we actually had to turn it off because it started to get too cold lol. The room also included a mini fridge and a microwave that was located in a small corner kitchen area. I didn't expect that and thought that was a huge plus. The shower worked great, there is a iron and ironing board in the room as well as a mini hair dryer and plenty of drawer space. There is also a desk in the sitting area of the room which was pretty neat to have.

This hotel does have a pool and a hot tub which is located inside the hotel on the main floor. We actually didn't use it only because it defeated the purpose of getting to cool off in a pool due to the hot weather. It would have been nice to swim outside and enjoy the sun. There is also a decent sized gym located across the hall from the pool by the lobby area.

The woman at the front desk was friendly and answered whatever questions we had. There was also a free hotel shuttle bus that would take you to local fast food restaurants, grocery stores etc. at your request.

Overall we had a pleasant stay, my only suggestion would be that the hotel should invest in a outdoor pool as well for the hot summer months.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BrooklynMaMi
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Unprofessional management, direct hotel staff very helpful, older rooms with lots of maintenance issues, not very family friendly not your usual Marriot hotel. Would not reccommend to anyone ever. Did I mention unprofessional staff.....Trying seek resolution for issues which happened during my stay could only happen thru Marriott's 800 number not thru hotel general manager. Absolutely the trip from hell

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Mzkingw00d
Reviewed June 16, 2012

This location was a little older than others I've stayed in, but it was still very clean and comfortable. I like the room design, the bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the towels were soft. All the staff members we encountered were very friendly.

Breakfast was more than adequate - there were plenty of options. I enjoyed the sausage, eggs with grated cheese, raisins and walnuts,and a small blueberry muffin. The coffee was good (and available in the lobby 24 hours). Love the Chupa Chupa lollipops at the front desk and the appreciate the basket of apples at the exit door.

We qualify for an AARP discount which brought the price down to reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Whitleywalker
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was my first stay at a SpringHill Suites. I didn't feel the hotel lived up to the Marriot brand, but it was okay. The suite was very small for my family -- we were crowded on top of each other. Cleanliness was an issue in the bathtub -- when we arrived it looked like soap suds from the previous resident's shower were still in the drain. The location is heavy MacDonalds/Wendys/chain stores but removed a little bit from the main drag. The pool was small and very heavily chlorinated -- my kids' eyes were very red even with goggles. The breakfast was good though -- plenty of choices, and we enjoyed that. The staff was incredibly nice. So it was a mixed bag. It is no usual Marriott, but if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay near Newport or Providence, it may be a good fit. Definitely a "budget" feel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick
TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown
Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick
Residence Inn Providence Coventry

Been to SpringHill Suites Providence West Warwick? Share your experiences!