“Clean, affordable, polite staff and ample continental breakfast.”

Best Western West Greenwich Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Greenwich
“Clean, affordable, polite staff and ample continental breakfast.”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We needed a place to stay while driving from Martha's Vineyard to Pennsylvania and found the hotel on travelocity. The price seemed too good to be true, but the reviews seemed to back it up. So we booked the room and arrived around midnight.

The girl at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The lobby is nicely decorated and the indoor pool looked very nice. (We didn't swim in it)

Our room was on the second floor and was a walk up a flight of stairs. I didn't see an elevator anywhere, but was just happy to have a place to sleep.

The rooms are nicely decorated as well as clean. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the corner which was great for keeping our travel snacks cold over night. Another feature that I appreciated is that the bed side table lamp has 2 outlets built into it. No need to move the bed to plug in your phone/ipod/computer into a hard to reach outlet, or across the room.

Some reviewers complained that there were noisy patrons in other rooms. Although the walls seemed thin, we had no problems.

Overall we were very satisfied with this hotel. Friendly staff, clean room, great price and conveniently located steps from 95.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank effenjerk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This inn is very conveniently close by the Interstate. The room was spacious and clean, and the service was excellent. The tv remote didn't work, the flat screen tv is a quite small one, and don't expect too much from breakfast (as almost everywhere in the US). Other than that, if you are looking for a good accommodation under $80/night inc. taxes, stop looking - pick this one.

Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Liisa_Eskelinen
Milton, Vermont
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. The first time was in February of 2007 or 2008...I don't remember exactly which year, and then again in May of 2012.

Each time the hotel has met my expectations. Could things have been better? Absolutely. But were they so bad that we had to leave? No.

The hotel is relatively small and a little outdated, but I chose to stay here again because of the location. I was taking my teenage sisters on a Memorial Day Weekend trip and we had planned on going to the Mystic Aquarium in CT, to Providence, and to Newport. I felt it was pretty centrally located to all three places.

The beds were fine. They weren't the best, but they weren't the worst either. They sufficed. The bathroom was a little small but we really didn't care. There was a mini fridge and microwave in the room which was nice. They always come in handy.

The pool was fine, but the hot tub could have definitely been hotter. I am guessing it was probably at around 95 degrees, when usually they are between 102 and 104 degrees.

The breakfast was simple, enough to fill us and then let us on our way. The one thing I didn't like is that they had a breakfast attendant who had to make us the Belgian Waffles. I wasn't allowed to use the machine. I stay in many hotels throughout the year and I have worked at resorts, hotels, and restaurants for the past 8 years, so I am familiar with how the waffle iron works. Each morning she removed it before the beeper went off and it was finished cooking. So it came out very soft and soggy instead of crunchy like it should have been. I should have just stopped ordering it after the first morning, but that was my fault. The other breakfast items were good.

A really nice thing about it was that the staff was really great to work with. They were very accommodating to all of our questions and during the check in/check out processes.

Overall the hotel was decent. It worked for exactly what we needed and that is all I can ask for. I would recommend to anybody looking for a cheap, decent place to stay.

Room Tip: There's only 2 floors. I always stay on the top floor as I hate having people above me. But th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nicole H
New York
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Travelling with 2 teens, 2 queen beds has become a priority! We don't like to pay a lot of money for this luxury - this Best Western - was perfect. Rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Microwave and Frig. Early breakfast - started at 5:30am! The price was so right! We were looking for a place within 30 minutes from Westerly and this was great. We ate dinner in Coventry which had a lot to offer and not a far drive. No sliding door at the entrance but overall a really nice place to stay! We are excited to go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mew6160
Plainfield, Connecticut
Reviewed September 17, 2012

First I would like to say,the front desk went way beyond the call of Duty for me,,Very Kind,checked in early for 11:00 to set up a Romantic atmosphere for the arrival of my girlfriend from TF.Green Airport,,,the staff came in and helped me with extra towels,extra pillows,I was showered with 4 people helping me!,,they all were very happy to help serve Military Personnel,with respect,and patriotism.excited that I was preparing a special event.When My girlfriend arrived they all shook her hand and said what a special Man you have,and treated her so well,.,We both woke up the next few mornings to enjoy the hearty breakfast,there was so much food the hostess kept serving us,they must of known Ive been eating MRE"S for months in the dessert,and Military mess hall food was not the best,,this was like Heaven!!!
All in All this was a warm welcome Home,and I wanted to say Thank You Best Western Staff!
with respect,
Cmdr.Louis Langlois
U.S. Army Special Forces ''RANGERS"
God Bless !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank louislanglois10thsfg
New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Really friendly staff, well maintained property, clean room and lobby and a decent breakfast that included all the standard fare. We also got excellent rates for a long weekend. Conveniently located right off Exit 6 on Rt95. Only problem is it is kind of in the middle of nowhere and there are not many options close by.

Hotel is a little dated, and we did hear a squeak or two from the room above at night probably because it was cool at night and we had decided to turn the AC/Fan off so sounds were probably more audible, but it did not affect us much. Overall a decent experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank AnsarMNewYork
Reviewed August 20, 2012

we found the hotel was very accommodating when it came to changing our booking (we arrived a day late due to missing a connecting flight in Amsterdam), the staff were nice and the amenities sufficient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Comfort Suites
#1 of 3 in West Warwick
Best Western Airport Inn
Residence Inn Providence Coventry

Been to Best Western West Greenwich Inn? Share your experiences!