“Snotty” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olympia Tea Room

Olympia Tea Room
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hudson Valley, NY
“Snotty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

We also tried to go there for dessert and coffee and a rude man said, "Not when there are people waiting to eat dinner." No "I'm sorry" or "There will be a brief wait." Well, how did they know we were not willing to wait for a table? We were basically told "Go away!" My husband noticed there were empty tables outside and asked if we could sit there, which is really where we wanted to sit anyway because it was a gorgeous evening...much prettier view outside than inside! The rude man conceded, and I must say, we enjoyed our really delicious dessert. The Key Lime pie was great as was the Ghirardelli cupcake topped with coffee ice cream, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream..Portions here were generous..but why did they have to treat people that way? It's not necessary! SOOO glad we didn't shell out the big bucks for dinner!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rndel711

CT
“Decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2010

Since there aren't too many nice restaurants in the Watch Hill village, we chose the Olympia Tea Room for dinner. We were not disappointed. However, there's not too much to report upon.
Bar area is very small and cramped if you have to wait for a table, which we did. Not a big deal since we didn't have to wait too long. Bread is served first before appetizers and then the meal came soon after that. Portions were very generous and the meals were tasty and nice and hot (very important to me).
The atmosphere is a little dull and tired. To me, it looked like it needed a good cleaning!! I expected the atmosphere to be a bit more fancy to reflect the pricing.
I would definitely check it out if you want a good meal, are willing to pay a bit more and aren't worried about ambiance!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RI, USA
“Arrogance at it's best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

Unless you're going for dinner skip this place. My family and a guest tried to go in on a Friday night after 9:15pm. Though multiple tables were visibly empty both in and outside the restaurant, no waiting customers, and telling the hostess we were there for coffee and dessert, after checking with the manager/owner, we were told that dinner was being served and to come back later for coffee and dessert.

There is no indiaction that only dinner was being served. Just an arrogant attitude of the owner.

My rating one is based on previous visits when i was "allowed" in however I will not return!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank tnova
Albany, New York
“Absolutely rude staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

At 11:15 yesterday I entered the restaurant with my driver and asked if we could sit outside. I have been going to this establishment for 15 years every time I am visiting Weekapaug RI. I was rudely told that the restaurant was not open for 15 minutes. Since I am 70 and suffer from arthritis, I asked if I could just sit outside and wait. The young snotty waitress arrogantly told my driver and myself that we could NOT in the outside chairs for another 15 minutes. What morons. If you go here, you get what you deserve!

2 Thank dionysusxxv
watch hill
“Comlete waste of time and money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

Owner is arrogant and rude. Staff follows his lead and service is terrible. Food is no better. Tried t 4 or 5 times and could not find anything worth praising. Dont waste you time or money.