“Olympia Tea Room”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It's always a treat to visit the Olympia Tea Room restaurant in Watch Hill, R I. My first impression as we were greeted at the door was that the restaurant was very well organized and it was well staffed with professional waiters who made us feel welcomed. On a hot summer day there is nothing like freshly brewed a glass of tea to cool down.The lunch menu was suitable for all ages, and it offered tasty seafood specials along with fresh summer salads and sandwiches. But the dish that melted in your mouth was local mussels served in a cooking pot with a savory coconut carrot broth.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Don't go !!!!!!!! My mistake. Nasty pompous and mediocre food. Should not be in the business of. catering to public Shun

3  Thank pauliea
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Thank You! ......... for your extensive wine list. So many food places serve cheap wine and charge way too much for it to keep costs low. Finally, I found someplace that I can have my Carpaccio and glass of wine. Please don't change a thing.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My family of 11 went to this restaurant to have dinner. We were told we could not be seated for a half hour. As we had 4 children, we asked if we could sit separately as there were different tables and booths available. The owner stated it was not their policy to break up large parties and would not accommodate our request. I saw this to be ridiculous and uncaring. What would the difference have been if we walked in separately in groups of 4. He just did not care !!!

3  Thank KML-CT
Reviewed June 29, 2013

It's a good thing the Olympia Tea Room is good food with a wide selection because it is the only place in town to eat if you are looking for a sit down establishment. We ate there 3 times..twice for lunch and once for dinner and the food was consistently good. The prices are on the high side but not outrageous. You are clearly paying for location and atmosphere. I would go back without question.