“Outrageous”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Part of the Ocean House Hotel
Reviewed March 20, 2014

What a huge disappointment and mistake to dine here. Such a shame considering the beauty and elegance of the place. Extravagant sums of money were obviously spent on the magnificent restoration of the Ocean House. But, the investment stops outside the kitchen doors. Quite possibly the worst and most expensive meal I have ever had to endure. It was painful to pay the outrageously expensive bill for a sub cafeteria meal. The only saving grace was the desert which was tasty and had good plate appeal. Obviously a separate(and qualified) pastry chef. Fire every one else and give the food vendor the boot too. I felt badly for the pleasant server who did an excellent job. She can't be blamed for the poor food quality but she probably won't be there long as I can't imagine the negative feed back she receives from customers. She should take her good work ethic to a more worthy restaurant. We will never go back(unless I hear they have seen the light....) and we are only a 30 minute drive away...It is such an unfortunate and bizarre contrast of such beautiful surroundings coupled with just plain bad food. A wicked waste.

6  Thank dwdorrance

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We loved our dinner sampling fluke crudo, duck breast, squash soup and roast pork, all prepared with seasonings that made them special. Breakfast was equally good with new twists on the standard fare. Very good service and a lovely view from the room.

1  Thank GloriaL627
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I counted 10 people in the small kitchen cooking for four tables and the food was horrible. French fries were over cooked and a limp disgusting pickle was on the plate. It is so hard to believe how the food can be so bad with so much help and their distinguished ratings.

6  Thank mps7777777
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Our meals were presented beautifully and served with precision and care. Unique offerings and love the farm to table initiative.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

My wife and I came here on a Thursday night, and it was very quiet, seemed the the hotel and restaurant was only opened for us (not true). We had a wonderful dinner, and wine at the bar. Their French fries are difficult to resist. Do not hesitate to go to the Ocean House, they are very welcoming. I know many hesitate as they feel it is expensive, but it is worth every dime to experience. I am returning soon, as it ha been decorated for Christmas.