The Ocean House
Pleasant View Inn(Misquamicut)
$207
$196
Misquamicut Beach Front Inn(Misquamicut)(Great Value!)
$199
Sandy Shore Motel(Misquamicut)
$151
Winnapaug Inn(Westerly)
$119
Watch Hill Inn(Watch Hill)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Breezeway Resort(Misquamicut)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnew englandrelaxation roomfour seasonsour waiterno tippingdining experiencea special placerelais chateauxeast beachcroquet lawnlobster rollrhode islandspecial occasionblock islandraw barhotel is beautifuloysters
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I loved visiting The Ocean House in Watch Hill. Such a clean, airy atmosphere with great access to everything Watch Hill has to offer. The gym and spa was a highlight. Proximity to everything (not that anything doesn't have a good location in this town) was only an extra plus.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Daniel H, General Manager at The Ocean House, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us. I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have been a frequent guest at the Ocean House. It is a beautiful venue with first class amenities, food, and service. Every effort is made to accommodate special requests and their "no tipping" policy is strictly honored.

• Stayed: February 2014

While our Five-Star rating was given to us by Forbes, it’s the praise of guests like yourself that is most valuable and significant! Thank you so very much.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at many fine hotels, including other Relais & Chateau properties, Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Ritz Carltons, and Fairmonts. Our stay at the Ocean House about a week ago topped them all for service and attention to detail. Granted, we were there in an off-peak season on a Friday night. But, everything was perfect. It was clear that management was attempting to exceed our expectations at every possible point of contact.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by two valets, one who took our car and one who took our luggage and escorted us to reception. I attempted to tip them, but my tip was refused. I learned shortly thereafter that tipping is allowed only in the dining room (the resort fee covers all other tipping). At reception, we were offered water or champagne. Naturally we chose champagne, which we sipped as we were escorted to our room overlooking the ocean. As we entered, we could see that our luggage was already delivered and waiting for us. Included in our resort fee was free access to drinks in the refrigerator, and three canisters of goodies, one containing chocolate malt balls, one with goldfish crackers, and one with a pretzel-nut mix. The view from our room on the third floor was terrific. We were high enough that we could easily see Block Island, some 10 miles offshore.

After check-in, I took the opportunity to walk along the sandy beach. I walked about a mile and a half north and could have walked further without encountering any rocks or inlets. I could not see Block Island from the beach. Upon my return, I passed by some of the staff members who greeted me by name.

My wife and I ate dinner at the Seasons Restaurant. We shared a field green salad to start. For the main course, my wife had the sautéed scallops and I had the duo of black RI bass. The duo consisted of one piece that was pan seared and one that was prepared escabeche. Portion size was medium, but more than adequate. Presentation and cooking were high quality, as expected. We opted not to have dessert, but were given an amuse bouche. As we left, the hostess asked us to fill a small basket with goodies to bring back to our room from a table filled with cookies and candies.

When we returned to our room, we noticed that turn-down service had not only turned down the bed, but also refreshed the canisters.

The next morning, we ate breakfast again at the Seasons. Breakfast started with complementary basket of croissants and a small amuse-bouche of diced melon in yogurt. My wife ordered cold cereal and I ordered the Swiss Bircher Muesli, described on the menu as “Cold Oats, Toasted Almonds, Fresh Fruit.” I had mistakenly assumed that it was like a granola, and asked for milk with it. The waiter told me that it was immersed in a condensed milk, but that fact didn’t register with me. Indeed, this is the traditional recipe. But, for me, it was much too sweet. The waiter noticed that I was not eating it and when I told him I didn’t like it, he offered to replace it with something else. I declined, as I had already eaten enough after the croissants, amuse-bouche, and some of the muesli. When the bill arrived, I saw that I was not charged for the muesli, which was very generous since the error was mine.

Upon departure, we were once again given a small gift basket with goodies. At the console of our car, we found two bottles of water for our trip home.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven G
Daniel H, General Manager at The Ocean House, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

It is always extremely gratifying to hear from well-seasoned travelers, such as yourself, that Ocean House exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share such a thorough account of your stay, as it’s always nice to share with our staff and let them know how much of an impact their service and hard work made on your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

What a spectacular walk back in time. This property not only looks charming, beautiful and luxurious, but it is. From the moment we arrived to the moment we were taken back to the airport, Ocean House staff - everyone - was perfect. The genuine friendliness was so refreshing yet so professional. The hotel adds a small fee onto your stay so this is a no tipping facility which also makes life so much easier on the guest. There wasn't a moment when we didn't enjoy ourselves. The room was lovely with gorgeous views and the restaurants were beautifully decorated and the food was delicious. We even enjoyed a wonderful lunch at their sister property! We enjoyed two days of spa services that were topnotch. We travel all over the world, and would rate these massages in the top 5 - ever. The spa isn't overly fancy, but quite, clean and such views! Both therapists were friendly and great at their jobs. Will return here again and again. LOVED IT.

Room Tip: Suites have a few added benefits which make your stay just that much better!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit to the Ocean House so much and that you will be coming back soon! As the warmer weather should be arriving any day now, I am confident you’ll enjoy all the activities that our resort has to offer outside – a walk along the beach cannot be beat. We all look forward to welcoming you back shortly!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Today we took a ride from our RI home to the RI world famous Ocean House. From the call for reservations for lunch to the dessert it was - Perfect!
Our table was over looking the Atlantic. The Chicken Schnitzel was amazing and my husband's Tuna Nicoise perfect. Not only were the dishes delicious but the presentation was comparable to any Michelin restaurant. The bread basket had several tasty kinds of breads and the salted butter a wonderful taste sensation
Now the best part of the meal - our server Tiu. She remembered us from our last visit and even remembered tha I liked the Watch Hill Chadonnay. When view, food and server all marry - what a wonderful experience
Thank you!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We did not stay over so I could not delete the sleep quality part
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fashion61

While we can’t take credit for the magnificent view, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything from our lovely setting to your meals and service – we are truly lucky to have such a wonderful staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us and I hope to see you back here soon!