“An Amazing Location!”
Review of The Ocean House

The Ocean House
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Watch Hill
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Sunday brunch at The Ocean House may be a bit pricey, but it is an experience you won't soon forget. The location overlooking the ocean is gorgeous, the building is eye-popping, and the variety of food that is served is incredible. Just go with a good appetite so that you can sample a bit of everything.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel H, General Manager at The Ocean House, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Sunday Brunch is one of our favorite parts of the week! So glad you enjoyed it- I hope you can join us again soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

we have been here three times in one year we love it so much! It is the best resort we have come across in terms of overall service and pride. They care about the guest from your moment of arrival to the moment you leave. The details are immense from the cleanliness of the hotel, grounds and rooms, to the best trained staff at all positions. They get it! They are in the service industry and they live to serve, Thank you, Ocean House.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

I am deeply appreciative that you took the time to share your kind feedback and so glad that your experiences with us have been so wonderful. I hope we are able to see you just as much (if not more!) in 2014!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the most wonderful Hotel on the water that I have EVER stayed at....the staff were wonderful, the room was beautiful and spotless, scones were waiting in our room once we checked in....it decorated so beautifully for the holidays!!!! This hotel deserves 6 stars!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel H, General Manager at The Ocean House, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Your review was the perfect way to end our week! Thank you so much for your kind words – we hope you are able to come back again soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Just came from staying overnight at ocean house. I could have spent two weeks there.
It hits the bulls-eye on every level of accommodation. At each encounter the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. My room was perfectly appointed and comfortable. The food at dinner was very good as well. Although this area is a work in progress for the hotel. I had lunch at ocean in August and while the setting was fabulous the food was only average.

Stayed: December 2013

We hope you do come visit for two weeks next time! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback, we truly appreciate it.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I've lost count of the number of times I've stayed at the Ocean House. All I can say is that I never tire of it. The location is superb, the hotel is magnificent, the service is out of this world with attention to details that you rarely find anymore. I like to stay at the Ocean House midweek when it is more quiet and you can really appreciate all that it has to offer--even in the dead of winter. It feels like your own private paradise. I've reviewed the OH many times always glowingly. They never disappoint and they certainly did not disappoint on this my latest stay. I just want to mention a few things that separate them from other upscale hotels. They do have iPads in each of the guest rooms but I always bring my own. I went down to dinner and left my iPad and iPhone sitting on a side table next to a chair. I also left a book on my night table. When I came back from dinner along with the normal turn down service and little treat on the nightstand, there was a packet of screen and lens cleaner on top of the iPad and a bookmark inside the cover of the book. These are not big ticket items but what they say about attention to detail and ensuring goest comfort is enormous. There is nothing that is overlooked at the Ocean House. I had a wonderful corner room this visit with at least half a dozen windows and a view of the ocean from every one of them. The bathroom floor was heated and of course the amenities are top notch in the bathrooms along with one of the deepest soaking tubs I've ever seen. I took advantage of Dean's Martini Class in the Club Room on Wednesday afternoon. All I can say is wow! It's a whole lot of fun. He says he does something just a little bit different every week so it's probably worth a repeat visit. They seem to be changing the breakfast menu more frequently now and some of the items that I've enjoyed in the past are no longer on the menu. When I inquired about them from my server, I was told let me check with the chef I think we can do that and they did. They aim to please. A welcome addition has been the bistro menu in the Winter Garden for dinner. The food is every bit as good as Seasons but a little less formal and a broader selection from casual dining to a traditional white tablecloth dinner, only without the tablecloth. Speaking of tablecloths, when the tables are reset in Seasons, you never notice any wrinkles in the tablecloths. That's because they steam them out as the tablecloth is put on the table. It's just impeccable attention to detail. Others have written about the warm welcome you receive, the glass of champagne upon arrival, the welcome treats in the room so I won't elaborate here but these things represent more of those little touches, that attention to detail, that separates the Ocean House from other five-star properties. My first visit to Watch Hill and the original Ocean House was more than 50 years ago and it has always held a special place in my heart. My daughters and I have many happy memories of it. We were sad to see the original OH torn down but what has risen in its place is so fabulous and so much better than the old OH that we're making new memories here and hope to do so for many years into the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Daniel H, General Manager at The Ocean House, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Your glowing review has truly made my day! I am so glad all the little touches have made such a big impact on your visits with us – like you said, it’s the small details that we think are so important and instrumental in setting the Ocean House experience apart from others. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were married at Watch Hill Chapel and had our wedding reception here in 2011. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. We love to celebrate at all events here!! Brunch is incredible!!!

1  Thank foxyred452

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We do hope the Ocean House remains your go-to place for celebrations of all sorts for many years to come!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been a Misquamicut summer vacation girl ever since I was a baby, and have always had a deep adoration for the original Ocean House. I visited it back in the 1990's and early 2000's before it was taken down. As spooky, and fascinating, and full of history as the old Ocean House was, I was absolutely blown away by the beauty and grandeur of the new Ocean House!

The moment of arrival, (champagne was wonderful!), the attentiveness of the staff, the pristine, luxurious suite, richness of the decor, and not to mention the views was more than enough to make this a perfect getaway for us, even if just for one night.

My experience was made even more perfect when my boyfriend (fiance, now!) proposed to me in our room by the fireplace. He knew how much the Ocean House meant to me, and I couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful, memorable moment or place to say YES!

Thank you to the staff for the thoughtful plate of chocolate strawberries along with the congratulations card on our engagement! What a sweet surprise that displayed all the more how much your hotel has made an impression on me. I only wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel H, General Manager at The Ocean House, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

First off, let me say congratulations on behalf of the entire Ocean House team! We were all so excited to be able to be a part of such a wonderful moment for both you and your fiancé. We hope the Ocean House will continue to be a special place for you, and now your fiancé as well. Best wishes on the wedding planning!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Watch Hill
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
The Whaler's Inn
The Whaler's Inn
#1 of 13 in Mystic

Been to The Ocean House? Share your experiences!