“The Most Amazing Place”
Review of The Ocean House

The Ocean House
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Watch Hill
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were married at Watch Hill Chapel and had our wedding reception here in 2011. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. We love to celebrate at all events here!! Brunch is incredible!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank foxyred452
Daniel H, General Manager at The Ocean House, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you so very much for your kind words. We do hope the Ocean House remains your go-to place for celebrations of all sorts for many years to come!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been a Misquamicut summer vacation girl ever since I was a baby, and have always had a deep adoration for the original Ocean House. I visited it back in the 1990's and early 2000's before it was taken down. As spooky, and fascinating, and full of history as the old Ocean House was, I was absolutely blown away by the beauty and grandeur of the new Ocean House!

The moment of arrival, (champagne was wonderful!), the attentiveness of the staff, the pristine, luxurious suite, richness of the decor, and not to mention the views was more than enough to make this a perfect getaway for us, even if just for one night.

My experience was made even more perfect when my boyfriend (fiance, now!) proposed to me in our room by the fireplace. He knew how much the Ocean House meant to me, and I couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful, memorable moment or place to say YES!

Thank you to the staff for the thoughtful plate of chocolate strawberries along with the congratulations card on our engagement! What a sweet surprise that displayed all the more how much your hotel has made an impression on me. I only wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel H, General Manager at The Ocean House, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

First off, let me say congratulations on behalf of the entire Ocean House team! We were all so excited to be able to be a part of such a wonderful moment for both you and your fiancé. We hope the Ocean House will continue to be a special place for you, and now your fiancé as well. Best wishes on the wedding planning!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was our second visit this year. We met with family for Thanksgiving weekend and we all had gorgeous accomodations courtesy of my father in law. We had a deluxe terrace suite again. As was the previous visit, the accomodations, comfort, spaciousness, cleanliness and attention to detail were perfection. Waking up and enjoying coffee on the balcony while watching surfers in ride the chilly waves is a great way to start the day!!! The Ocean House staff really are professional and genuinely friendly. The lobby, gift shop (my husband's favorite place besides the bar!), in fact all areas were decorated beautifully. The afternoon of Friday the 29th, we enjoyed watching all the Christmas decorations being put up while sitting by the fire. I have written a previous review so I won't repeat the rest. Suffice it to say we had a great time and will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Daniel H, General Manager at The Ocean House, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

I’m so glad you got to experience one of my favorite days of the year at Ocean House…the day when the holiday decorations go up! Thank you again for your kind words, I hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

first of all, the ocean house is beautiful. The rooms were nice and clean. The deluxe room we had was very large--no complaints about that. The staff was very nice and only too happy to be helpful. I had read reviews to the contrary but we really experienced a very nice and friendly staff that was only too happy to help us. I will say this--at $234 a massage for an hour, the spa sounds like a complete ripoff....my wife and i avoided getting massages in principle, because the cost was outrageous. We checked out the spa and used the gym...The spa is nice for sure but I do not understand their justification for charging what they do. The food at the restaurants was good- a little pricey but not more than you would expect at such a place....We would go back again.

Room Tip: everything is great but the spa is a ripoff....we avoided due to outrageous prices
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us, and that our staff was able to make your experience memorable. While our hour massages do range from about $175 to $195 for an hour, this is in line with the standards of a Five-Star spa and we feel strongly that the service you get at the OH! Spa, including access to our relaxation room and the amenities in our locker rooms, is above and beyond your typical spa experience. We all look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The rooms in this property remind me of the Four Seasons, but with more character. In addition, I couldn't find a speck of dirt in the room. I was only there one night for work and wished I could have stayed longer. The entire property has a calming feel. The views from the breakfast room are stunning. I was in room 305 and had a partial view of the ocean. The King room is very large and the bathroom is to die for. They leave a snack for you as well as water and munchies. No, the room isn't cheap, but it's worth it for special occasions.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Daniel H, General Manager at The Ocean House, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, I am very happy that the Ocean House left you with such a favorable impression. I hope you are able to join us again for an upcoming special occasion!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Ocean House is one of the best places to go for an event or a overnight stay. We have attended several of the Clam Bakes that are held in the summer months. The atmosphere and food are outstanding. We have also attended a formal black tie event at the Ocean House which will keep us coming back. Ocean House is one of the most beautiful places to go. I can only compare it to a Hotel we stayed at in Sorrento, Italy. The beauty and elegance go beyond your expectations.
We stayed last night in the Carousal Suite and Napatree Suite with 3 other couples. If you can imagine your dream condo on the beach, these suites would be just that. All the details from the welcome glass of champagne to the soda stocked in the refrigerator are first class.
We want to thank Isolde Barachina the Catering & Special Events Manager for outstanding work putting together our dinner for 28 last night and for arranging for our check in. We could not have asked for anything more. Also thank you to Daniel Hostettler, the President and Group Managing Director, for initially making sure we were taken care of. The Ocean House will always be a place we return to. PS - Al the Piano player is the best, we will see him when he returns in the Spring and will then know how to play Sweet Caroline :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Your glowing review is much appreciated! We are truly pleased that your stay and dinner were memorable and hope that you all are able to make it back again soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

What a lovely place to stay. The staff was amazing. The food in the restaurant was amazing (even better considering we were a group of about 40 people). The view of the bay was amazing. The room was amazing. Huge room + porch. Great bathroom and monster-sized bed. The gentlemen who pick you up at the train station were awesome.
I slept like a big fat baby that night. I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank OhFranklin

Although short, I am very glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us. Next time, I hope your visit can be longer so that you may experience even more that the Ocean House has to offer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Watch Hill
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
The Whaler's Inn
The Whaler's Inn
#1 of 13 in Mystic

Been to The Ocean House? Share your experiences!