“Hotel needs to be seriously renovated and customer service employee's”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Warwick Providence Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
San Diego, California
“Hotel needs to be seriously renovated and customer service employee's”
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted with an unwelcoming attitude, unprofessionalism and unruly appearance. The halls smelt of musty cigarettes which they tried to cover with air fresher. Water spots on the ceiling. The double beds are extremely small. We found a gadget in our room which looked like a censor or camera, which we covered with a face towel. Noise level, there is a train or coaster that seems to runs every hour and a auto garage which I think owns the house next to it and they are extremely noise and a lot of yelling goes on between individuals. I would not recommend this hotel, especially to a family due to the questionable guest types I encountered in the lobby in the late Monday afternoon.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 47Mel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
maryland
Reviewed February 12, 2010

This was a very nice hotel , clean, convenient , good matresses and great breakfast (included).
The only problem we encountered was the overnight desk clerk. He has a very bad attitude. Maybe he was tired and that made him cranky.
I will stay there again but hope I do not have to deal with his attitude again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 17, 2009

My husband and I stayed here prior to flying out of Providence Airport. The hotel was very clean, the room was in excellent condition, the bed was comfortable and the price was right. There were only two things about the hotel that I could even remotely complain about - the high-speed train goes by quite often (but it only makes noise for seconds) and the water pressure in the shower was terrible, but other than that it was a great place to stay. The continental breakfast was very good -- it had yogurt, hard boiled eggs, lots of fruit, plus all of the other usual breads, cereals, etc. I found this place after researching the area on Trip Advisor and was happy I booked it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I stayed three nights at this hotel recently and was very pleased overall. The staff were all extremely friendly. My room was clean and comfortable and included free wi fi. There were lots of fluffy, comfortable pillows and the towels were thick and soft. I never did make it on time for the free breakfast, but one morning I was given a muffin and some fruit by a friendly waitress who was closing down the breakfast room. It is very conveniently located next to I95, making traveling in the area easy. The airport is very close by. There is a computer with online access in the lobby. I was able to print out my boarding pass quickly and at no charge when I checked out. I requested late check out, and was cheerfully given an extra hour. I was even asked it that would give me enough time! As I was in Warwick for a family event, I did not spend much time at the hotel. If your needs are basic and you are looking for budget accommodations, this is a great place. Legal Seafood restaurant is in easy driving distance and I splurged on a delicious meal of Maine lobster on my way to the airport. I felt that I could afford it as I had not spent a fortune on my hotel! :)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
edmonton
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Arrived in the evening.The front desk lady ,Jolene,was great.Check in was quick,rooms were spacious and clean.We had a fridge,micowave,acces to computer(free) and we even got laundry detergent for free.The pool was great.When we needed directions,Jolene was really helpful and always had a smile on her face.Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty .Hotel is pet friendly,which is additional delight.Would definitely recommend it.Oh,let's not forget,it was cheap(75$ per night) and we sure got more than what we paid for.Would stay there again.Thanks Jolene,for making our stay even more pleasant!

Family from Alberta,Canada

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 10, 2009

This is a wonderful LaQuinta! The staff is very helpful and friendly. My King room on the lobby main floor was very large. If you travel with dogs you will have plenty of space for dog crates. There isn't a lot of grass on the hotel grounds, but there is an office building next door which is not being used with plenty of grass space. The hotel also provides poop bags and a trash can in the back corner of the parking lot - nice! Pet owners - please use this! Clean up after your pets so we will be welcomed back! There is no pet fee and I don't think there is a limit on size or number of dogs.

The hotel really welcomes dogs. Another hotel down the street is the site of many large dog shows and smart travelers will stay at this LaQuinta. Only 4 miles from the show site -quick commute on I-95 - and its half the cost of the other hotel and you get free breakfast!!!

The room also had a microwave and small fridge with a little freezer compartment. I was easily able to freeze bottles of water overnight for the next day. Rooms also have in room coffee maker, ironing board. The room was very clean with wood look tile in the entry and bath area.

They did run out of coffee for the in room coffee maker, the front desk staff looked for more but could not find it, but offered that coffee is ready in the breakfast area at 4 am. Housekeeping seemed to be slightly inconsistant. When I arrived there was no shampoo, I thought maybe a cost cutting measure. However the 3rd day of my stay shampoo arrived - along with coffee for the in room coffee maker. Then the last day of my stay - none again. Weird. I did mention this on a survey that was sent to me after my stay - the general manager answered the survey within 24 hours and said he would speak to housekeeping about the issues. It was a personal reply - I was very impressed!!

The only other thing is that the vanity around the 1 sink doesn't have much room, they did put several mirrors in the room. I was alone but if you had several people trying to get ready it may be tight.

I travel alone and walk the dogs late at night and early in the AM. I felt safe in the area. When I did the street view on google maps and saw the tire shop across the street I wondered about the area - but it is fine. There is a Dunkin Donuts across the street and a restaraunt next door along with a few other hotels and businesses.

I thought the breakfast area was pretty large. All the cereals, yogurt, muffins, milk, juice and coffee is out at like 4:30 AM. (actually the fridge with the yogurt and milk is available all the time to guests) The waffle maker is available at 6 am.

There is a computer in the lobby with internet access which was handy. I highly recommend this hotel. Oh and also keep checking the LaQuinta web site. The price actually dropped by $20 per night from my initial booking until my stay and I was able to take advantage of the lower price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Warwick for one night while visiting the Providence area for apartment hunting. The price was excellent for the value and amenities: free parking, free wireless, free breakfast, and a pretty quick drive to downtown Providence.

The staff was very friendly and efficient with check-in and check-out. My room was large, and the bathroom amply spacious and well-appointed. This is not a luxury hotel, but it was clean and had everything I needed. The area of town is hideous, and my view was of a parking lot, I think. Nothing special at all, but I didn't care. The parking lot had signs warning guests not to leave valuables in their cars, but I expect this is not a reflection of the neighborhood, but more a wise general rule to follow.

The wireless internet worked well.

I was thoroughly pleased and felt like I definitely got my money's worth.

One odd comment: the drink and vending machines had different prices on different floors of the hotel. Strange.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business