La Quinta Inn & Suites Warwick Providence Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
edmonton
“Just great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

Arrived in the evening.The front desk lady ,Jolene,was great.Check in was quick,rooms were spacious and clean.We had a fridge,micowave,acces to computer(free) and we even got laundry detergent for free.The pool was great.When we needed directions,Jolene was really helpful and always had a smile on her face.Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty .Hotel is pet friendly,which is additional delight.Would definitely recommend it.Oh,let's not forget,it was cheap(75$ per night) and we sure got more than what we paid for.Would stay there again.Thanks Jolene,for making our stay even more pleasant!

Family from Alberta,Canada

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

This is a wonderful LaQuinta! The staff is very helpful and friendly. My King room on the lobby main floor was very large. If you travel with dogs you will have plenty of space for dog crates. There isn't a lot of grass on the hotel grounds, but there is an office building next door which is not being used with plenty of grass space. The hotel also provides poop bags and a trash can in the back corner of the parking lot - nice! Pet owners - please use this! Clean up after your pets so we will be welcomed back! There is no pet fee and I don't think there is a limit on size or number of dogs.

The hotel really welcomes dogs. Another hotel down the street is the site of many large dog shows and smart travelers will stay at this LaQuinta. Only 4 miles from the show site -quick commute on I-95 - and its half the cost of the other hotel and you get free breakfast!!!

The room also had a microwave and small fridge with a little freezer compartment. I was easily able to freeze bottles of water overnight for the next day. Rooms also have in room coffee maker, ironing board. The room was very clean with wood look tile in the entry and bath area.

They did run out of coffee for the in room coffee maker, the front desk staff looked for more but could not find it, but offered that coffee is ready in the breakfast area at 4 am. Housekeeping seemed to be slightly inconsistant. When I arrived there was no shampoo, I thought maybe a cost cutting measure. However the 3rd day of my stay shampoo arrived - along with coffee for the in room coffee maker. Then the last day of my stay - none again. Weird. I did mention this on a survey that was sent to me after my stay - the general manager answered the survey within 24 hours and said he would speak to housekeeping about the issues. It was a personal reply - I was very impressed!!

The only other thing is that the vanity around the 1 sink doesn't have much room, they did put several mirrors in the room. I was alone but if you had several people trying to get ready it may be tight.

I travel alone and walk the dogs late at night and early in the AM. I felt safe in the area. When I did the street view on google maps and saw the tire shop across the street I wondered about the area - but it is fine. There is a Dunkin Donuts across the street and a restaraunt next door along with a few other hotels and businesses.

I thought the breakfast area was pretty large. All the cereals, yogurt, muffins, milk, juice and coffee is out at like 4:30 AM. (actually the fridge with the yogurt and milk is available all the time to guests) The waffle maker is available at 6 am.

There is a computer in the lobby with internet access which was handy. I highly recommend this hotel. Oh and also keep checking the LaQuinta web site. The price actually dropped by $20 per night from my initial booking until my stay and I was able to take advantage of the lower price.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Warwick for one night while visiting the Providence area for apartment hunting. The price was excellent for the value and amenities: free parking, free wireless, free breakfast, and a pretty quick drive to downtown Providence.

The staff was very friendly and efficient with check-in and check-out. My room was large, and the bathroom amply spacious and well-appointed. This is not a luxury hotel, but it was clean and had everything I needed. The area of town is hideous, and my view was of a parking lot, I think. Nothing special at all, but I didn't care. The parking lot had signs warning guests not to leave valuables in their cars, but I expect this is not a reflection of the neighborhood, but more a wise general rule to follow.

The wireless internet worked well.

I was thoroughly pleased and felt like I definitely got my money's worth.

One odd comment: the drink and vending machines had different prices on different floors of the hotel. Strange.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
calif
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

Stayed here on 5/25/09, Memorial Day.
Being from LA, I am sick of driving/traffic. My goal was to go to Newport, Providence, and Boston by walking and public transport. I walked a mile and caught line 20 which runs from airport to downtown Providence. From there , took a train to Boston, all in 1 day. Line 8 runs from the hotel to Providence, but u have to be up bright/early to do it, only takes a few minutes to get downtown.Took hotel shuttle to airport and caught line 14 to Newport the next day. If u drive, hotel is right next to I 95. Parking is free. Shuttle to airport is free, driver was great. I did learn 1 thing on this trip, if u want info about the local area, ask the driver, they know best. Hotel needs a map of the local area in the lobby.
Read some reviews about how filthy this place was, cannot believe I was staying in the same place. my room was spotless, so was the rest of the place. Pictures on the website are accurate.
No problems w noise, climate control, or safety.
Included w your room was free wi fi, a computer in the lobby, nice tv w lots of channels, ironing board, don't think they charge for phone calls, in lobby newspaper, continental breakfast that includes make your own waffles, gym , outdoor pool, parking, and shuttle . There is a laundry area.
Staff was good, especially the shuttle driver lady.
There are some restaurants, hotels, and a mini mart within walking distance
Paid around $60, join the rewards club ( no charge) and get points.
I fu want to visit Providence and Newport , this allows ez acess to both.
They also have a great stay/fly deal.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2009

We were shocked with our room after reading the "glowing" reviews. Our first clue should have been that our room was located downstairs from the lobby in the "lower lever". When we got off the elevator it had the feel of a badly finished basement. The door to our room was in desperate need of paint. The room smelled like carpet fresh over stale smoke or bug spray. Sheets on bed were actually so threadbare they had holes in them. Towels were dirty with black grease marks on them. Floors were so sticky in entry and bathroom area we didn't want to take our shoes off. I do however agree with reviews that the staff was totally excellent but since we arrived late in the evening for an early morning flight it was either stay in the room or our car. The location is very convenient to the airport and has a park and fly rate, however, "buyer beware" as you definitely get what you pay for. This place is no bargain!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Providence, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

I recently booked a flight to No. Myrtle Beach, S.C. and was supposed to leave on Thursday, May 7th. There were three of us traveling together. Our plane ended up grounded due to mechanical problems. The airlines put the three of us up at this hotel for the night. Each of us had our own room. The manager came to the airport to pick us up and brought us to the only restaurant that would accept the airline food voucher, brought our luggage to the hotel, and came back tp pick us up when we were finished and brought us to the hotel. The hotel staff was extremely efficient in getting us checked in and settled in for the night. We left a wake up call for the next morning, which we did get, and the shuttle took us back to the airport. I can't say enough for the staff at this facility. Very pleasant, very helpful, very personable. The rooms were clean, with a king sized bed in each room and a complimentary breakfast, which we did not have time to enjoy.

Good Job staff. Keep up the good work

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Newton, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

My first experience with the La Quinta brand was a positive one. This particular hotel is located right off of Exit 15, one exit from Roger Williams Park and Zoo and conveniently very close to the downtown area. The rooms are a comfortable size and a good value for the money. Breakfast in the morning offered a decent variety of items although the breakfast area could be a little bigger. The one elevator was a little slow. Staff members were pleasant and there is internet access in the lobby. There is one restaurant located nearby. Overall this was a good selection for a family visiting Providence.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family