“Nice place to stay, except...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Warwick Providence Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
WEST CHESTER
“Nice place to stay, except...”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I often stay at a LaQuinta when I travel and had previously stayed here, so I never even checked what else might be available in the area this time. As before, the room was reasonably large, clean, and modern, and the front desk staff was helpful, friendly, and very willing to please. Breakfast was typical LaQuinta fare (although I agree with the reviewer who said the coffee could be better).

We ran into one problem that could have been serious. After making up our room, housekeeping did not latch the door, and when we got back to our room later in the day we did not need our key to enter it--we just pushed the door and it opened. This was totally outside our control, and anybody could have walked away with our stuff! Fortunately, nobody did. The hotel responded with one free night's stay, but I would have preferred better security to avoid the problem.

A silly problem: The light over the desk was unplugged because the TV and cable box were using both sockets in the outlet. The hotel could so easily have corrected this by adding a $1 three-way plug to the socket; it blows my mind that they didn't.

The rooms were not as sound proof as I would like. An athletic team that was staying there during our stay made quite a bit of noise while using the hallway, and we heard it all.

Drivers coming from the west should be careful. It is easy to enter the wrong driveway when trying to get to the property, which can be dicey since it involves crossing two lanes of traffic. What looks like the right driveway goes to a parking lot that does not connect with the LaQuinta parking lot.

I would stay there again and hope that the security issue we experienced was a fluke that would not repeat itself.

Room Tip: The lobby is on Floor 2; the top floor is Floor 5. Get a room on one of the lower floors, because th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vwdriverWestChester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Wakefield, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times. This past week+, we stayed 2 nights, before and returning from flying out of the nearby airport. It is convenient and pretty clean. Our rooms have been clean & big enough; no issues with our rooms, though they could be a little more generous with the bath supplies (shampoo, etc). The complementary breakfasts are not particularly great. Compared with some others (and other chains), this one is decidedly unremarkable. They could add a little more variety (and PLEASE, make better coffee!!) My only other caveat is that the free shuttle service is NOT available at all times, so if you are needing that, check with them depending on your flight times. Because my flight was arriving at a time that their shuttle was not operating, they did (a bit reluctantly) reimburse me for my cab fare.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Good clean accommodations. Unfortunately there was no exercise facility. Rooms were clean but somewhat dated. Bathroom was clean but stark. Whole hotel needs re-modelling. Breakfast was very plain and in comparison to other breakfasts included hotels, this was rather poor. More selection would be appreciated. Healthy selections also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I spent one night at the hotel before flying out early the next morning. I took advantage of an offer that allows you to leave your car at the hotel while you're out of town. Before tax it was $82.00 for a weeknight. Free shuttle service to the airport runs every 30 minutes. Just let them know upon check-in.

My room was exactly what I requested, right by the lobby. It was also across from the elevator. Learn from my mistake, that room is surrounded by noise even though only one wall is shared with another guestroom. I heard people coming and going all night long, that said, I'm sure I kept waking up in fear of missing my early flight.

They offer a free breakfast that includes instant oatmeal, yogurt, muffins, bagels, fruit, juice, and other assorted items. At 4 AM, that's what was already available and it doesn't officially open until later.

My shuttle driver already had the van warming up and ready to go when I went to check out. Every employee I spoke to was very friendly and eager to please guests.

The room was basic, mostly clean, could use some upkeep but nothing major.

When driving up to the hotel, be careful as there's another driveway before it (depending on your direction) that doesn't connect to their lot.

Room Tip: Stay away from the main entrance and elevators unless you want to make a quick exit.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My room stunk of smoke awfully, even though I had asked for a non smoking room. I had a huge presentation the next day and all my clothes took in that odor overnight. I am asthmatic and woke up multiple times during the night not being able to breathe because of the smoke and lack of ventilation. The next morning I had no water pressure for a shower.

On a positive note, their breakfast was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business