All reviews the club lounge front desk providence airport indoor pool fitness center rhode island complimentary breakfast alex ihop runway shuttle pvd tournament
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Excellent staff from check in to check out, 5 minutes from Providence Airport (PVD) great pool and treadmills, great variety of restaurants near by, clean, comfortable room, and a quiet hotel. This is our second stay hear and the staff continue to go above and beyond to make our stay a great one.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Chris S, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Providence Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear DJAntblaque,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Providence. I am so glad to hear that our staff was so accommodating. We strive to go above and beyond for every guest and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Warm regards,
Chris S.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 14, 2018

First the good: we stayed at the Sheraton at the start of a 14 day vacation and were happy with the park and fly option. The hotel offered up to 14 days with a pretty minimal upcharge I believe it was around $40 over the standard rate. The room was clean and comfortable although it badly needs updating. Now the bad: since we were returning late at night we booked another room during our trip. We checked in and when we got to the room it was a different type than we had reserved. It also smelled very musty and moldy. We went back to the front desk and were told they didn’t have our room type available. I can’t for the life of me understand how this happens but we ended up canceling the reservation and going to a different hotel.To be clear the staff tried their best and I don’t rate the property poorly because of them.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bob K, Manager at Wyndham Providence Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel 9/7/18 room 329. The room was filthy filled with ants we brought no food with us. It was supposed to be a deluxe with a sitting look at the pictures on the website and mine they look nothing alike. Also to top it off the shuttle driver ran over my foot and broke my toe. I spoke to Patrice and I was promised a call on Saturday nothing, called later nothing, called Sunday nothing, called Monday they said only the manager can fill out an accident report. Finally received a call from Bob Kenney who was going to comp the room for the bugs. I deleted my yelp and tripadvisor review until he basically called me today a liar over the phone. I have the voicemail. I am only dealing with corporate. Here’s some lovely pictures to look at. There was no reason to be accusatory why don’t you try and call people back in a timely manner Mr Kenney rather than calling them liars.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank johhnyfitz89

Thank you for your comments.
Was hoping to start a dialog.
You know how to reach us John Fitzgerald

Reviewed September 11, 2018

There was no alarm clock and I had an early flight so I kept having to turn on my phone to see what time it was overnight. I needed a wake up call but the phone was broken. I asked them to send someone up to fix it and when he changed the wire, there was an open beer bottle next to the bed on the floor. There was no folder or info on hotel , room service, menu etc. And since my phone hadn’t been fixed yet, I couldn’t order anyway. The walls are paper thin and you can literally hear everything going on in the hotel. The hallways, the rooms, etc. The walls are paper thin and you can literally hear everything going on in the hotel. The hallways, the rooms, etc. The next room had a screaming toddler with parents who yelled at it to be quiet, it sounded like it was in the same room as me! Loudest, most-falling-apart hotel I’ve ever stayed in. Not the rest before an early flight I had hoped for. I was also very concerned about parking there for the seven days I would be away. They never asked what kind of car I drove to be sure that I was a guest who is parking there. I guess I just assumed it would be a garage but it was outdoor parking. I hope my car is in one piece when I arrive back, late at night.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Steve, thanks for your comments.
We will use them to get better moving forward

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Very disappointed in our stay. There was no indication on the website when booking that this property was under renovations. My wife has asthma and it was problematic when we arrived at the hotel. We arrived at 4pm and if we had the time, we would have not stayed, and find another property to stay at for the night. After going to our room, they maintenance staff was painting not only in the lobby, but the 2nd floor room corridor as well as on our floor (5th floor). We then cancelled our second night and needed to pay an additional $100 at another site vs the original location due to the last minute booking. The front desk person offered us 2 free drink tickets when we arrived back from our event, but told us that the bar was closed at 10pm, which it was 10:05pm at the time and not able to use the tickets.Very disappointed in our experience. I also put in a late check out, but the housekeeper knocked and opened our door at 8am in the morning waking up everyone. Additionally, the hallway carpet had water stains and there were stains on the carpet in our room, that appeared to be ketchup. Bathroom tub was repainted and the paint was chipping off.

• Trip type: Traveled with family