“Sheraton in Providence” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lewisville, Texas
“Sheraton in Providence”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

The hotel is an older hotel, but is in decent condition for its age. The air conditioner in my room did not work. The hotel was a little noisy. Not enough sound proofing between rooms. If you are on the "first" floor, cell phone reception is poor because it is actually below the ground floor (second floor). The entrance and lobby are on the "second" floor.

The restaurant was poor. I went down for dinner and was given a menu that essentially only included a limited number of salads, sandwiches and soup. I asks the waitress and she said that was all they had. Another table questioned the selection and then she came out with the full menu. Any further guests that came were given the limited menu. The food was OK for hotel food and the prices were Sheraton Hotel food prices. If I'm paying the price, I expect better service than I received here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry about the noise issues. We should have done better keeping some guests quiet during a busy weekend. Based on the comments we have reviewed we are taking the necessary steps to keep things quiet. We did present a weekend menu that was tailored to insure we were able to provide quick and friendly service. I am sorry if the selections did not connect with what you were looking for. We know everyone has unique needs and any failed attempt to fulfill those needs means we fell short of our high standards. We ceratinly want you to feel better after spending some time with us. I hope you will give us another opportunity on a future trip to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Boonton, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

We arrived late on a Friday night and were given a room near the conference center on the second floor. The front desk staff were pleasant and professional. The room itself, as well as the public areas, was very clean. The furnishings were typical of most Sheraton Hotels, except that the beds definitely did not have the normal Sweet Sleeper mattresses. They were hard and rather uncomfortable. The heating/AC unit in the room also didn't seem to work correctly as the fan wouldn't stay on.

Our biggest complaint was the noise in the hallways. It wasn't the fault of the hotel, but between the party going on near our room in the conference center and the youth sports league staying on our floor, we hardly got any sleep. So, while the location is great, the staff were friendly and the rooms were very clean, the stiff mattresses and loud environment might make me look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for completing a review on your stay. I am truly sorry about the noise, we understand the importance of a good night's sleep. I appreciate your understanding and your note will help me follow-up with our security team so we can improve our ability to handle these issues in the future. We do have Sweet Sleeper mattresses in all of our rooms, I was concerned about the comfort of your sleep. Please feel free to follow-up with me at sales.info@sheratonprovidence.com so I can look into it further. I hope you can come back and stay with us on a future visit.
Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

This hotel is nice and comfortable. Rooms are designed well and maintain well. The club level is on 5th floor of the building, they serve complimentary breakfast and evening social in the club lounge, I got to meet one of the staff in club lounge named Alex, he greets and treats very well and if you need any other food items, he will provide. All the staff are very kind and helpful in many ways. They have all the amenities that we need in a hotel like, fitness center, swimming pool, etc. we use to stay in this hotel when ever we are near this area for work or pleasure.

Room Tip: Room towards airport side have nice view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a note about your experience. I am so grateful when our valued guests recognize the efforts of our team members. We all truly care about your experience and we are so honored when you take the time to reward our efforts. We appreciate your business.
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

This location was very clean and comfortable with the MOST incredible mattress I've slept on! The club level was elegant and the management and staff are true professionals. I'll return for sure....they aim to please and have all of the amenities to make your stay an amazing experience second to none!

Room Tip: I stayed on the club level and loved it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. As with most favorable reviews, it all starts with a great team. We truly care about your experience. We appreciate the note and I would like to take the oppotunity to use the response to this review to thank all of the very kind folks who chose our hotel every day. Especially those who take the time to share your experiences and say great things about our team members. We all truly believe we have great guests.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Flew in from Nebraska to visit some relatives. Before seeing them I stopped in the lounge/restaurant. This is where I meet your employe by the name of Steven Burgess. After traveling all day and meeting so many fake people in the service industry, it was a pleasure to finally meet someone who enjoyed thier job! His attitude made me feel more than comfortable, we had a great conversation and some good laughs. I hope your manager gets this review. And I'll start watching for your friars. Have a great new year.

Room Tip: Ask Steve Burgess, great Rhode Island tips.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank eric F
Thank you for the nice review. Steve is as genuine as they come. I am glad he was able to inspire such a pleasant memory of your visit. Rest assured I received your note and I will share it with Steve. I always enjoy passing along kudos to our team. As for the Friars, keep watching, don't expect any miracles, but keep watching!!!
RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed at this hotel to be closer to work when we were expecting a very bad snow storm and extremely cold weather. Could not have asked for a better stay. This hotel is very close to my work and the price was a great deal. Beats having to drive an hour in snowy slippery conditions.
From the moment I walked into the hotel, I felt like a valued guest. I was greeted with a nice smiling face, and check in was very quick. Went to my room and it was clean, smelled nice, and the free wifi is a great perk. Most hotels charge a premium price, but, not here. Ordered a meal from room service and it was delivered quickly, hot, and tasted great. the only small complaint I have is the heater did not seem to want to go above 63 degrees. It was very cold out with blowing wind, and at times seemed cool in the room. (a small inconvience, but didnt affect my experience)
Overall, a great value for the price, convienent to the airport and awesome friendly staff. Keep up the good work. Your staff is a great assett to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad we were able to provide a comfortable and safe place to stay during the snow storm. I always like reading nice things about the service our team delivers, especially when our valued guests need them the most. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I am currently sipping on apple cider and just polished off a cookie and some delicious pumpkin bread here in my room at the Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel. The weather outside sure is frightful, but this hotel is sure delightful with its holiday decor and friendly staff. The rooms are consistent with the excellent sheraton standard and the wifi is free and fast. This is my second stay at this hotel and it was just as pleasant this time as the time before. If you are staying near the providence airport, this is the place to stay!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Great review. Thank you so much. Thank you for making our hotel sound like home. We hope to see you again soon.