“New (and old) staff are great”

Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Several new faces at the front desk and they all have been great. They compliment the fine existing staff like Alex in the club lounge who always makes the guests feel welcome, RIna in the morning who is always pleasant and Jamal, Mike and Jessica who always know my name and greet me with a smile (and remember my wake up call time!!). I stay there quite a bit and they always make me feel welcome. Rob and Sue do a great job managing the hotel for Sheraton.

Room Tip: Wednesday's are always fun and a great time to talk about the other locations around the world t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

It is always a pleasure to have you with us and we are excited about the new team members. The first order of business is always making sure our new folks know how to make guests feel at home. We value your feedback and look forward to being your home away from home while your busy schedule keeps you traveling to PVD. Sincerely, we appreciate your business.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here for one night only when my plane was cancelled due to mechanical problems. This is a really depressing hotel. The first floor rooms are actually at basement level and don't have windows. I knew about that ahead of time and asked for an above ground room. The desk clerk was very nice and assigned a room on the third floor. As I walked through the hotel to my room, I observed extremely stained and beat up looking carpets as well as somewhat dim lighting in some hallways. When I got to my room, I was appalled to note a very, very strong smell of mildew. The room appeared clean, but the furniture was old and worn looking. I had to crawl under the desk to plug in my computer because there were no outlets on or above the desk. I asked the desk clerk for another room, but being directly next to the airport and with at least one cancelled flight, they were full. I will never stay here again. Sheraton needs to give this location top priority for renovation.

Room Tip: Don't let them give you a first floor room. You will actually be in the basement. Don't stay...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

I am truly sorry about your experience. I do think it is worth mentioning that all of our rooms have windows, I am not sure about the meaning of your comment on our first floor. You shared some great feedback that I need to look in to. We routinely earn better reviews, but we are always alarmed when we fall short on any stay, especially when some one is stranded due to flight difficulties. Being an airport hotel, we need to be better prepared. I am sorry about the poor experience.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Very good room quality for the price, and one of the best club lounges I've seen. The hotel is kind of out of the way from downtown Providence though, but convenient besides major highways.

• Stayed: August 2013
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

It is always great to read accolades for staff at the beginning of a review. The team really makes the difference. I am glad you enjoyed our Sheraotn Club Lounge experience. It is an important part of brand image. Thank you for sharing your review.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were in Rhode Island and just needed a place to stay to get a good night's sleep. The bed's were comfortable and room was very quiet room. The club lounge offers a good breakfast. Also good shampoos in the bathroom. Would return again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

It is always great to see that our valued guests will return. I am glad you found us while you were looking for a place to stay. We look forward to your return visit. We truly appreciate the kind words. Thank you for sharing your story.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I went with 2 friends on a road trip, stayed in many hotels, dealt with many people, and the Sheraton Providence Hotel was the most memorable experiance. Upon Check-in, the front desk staff were extremely personable and friendly. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and very clean. The workout room and pool were clean and spacious/ We didn't hear any noise in the morning from children.There is enough parking for all the guests and we never had to worry about parking down the block. The WIFI was a little slow but that was OK because we didn't come for WIFI. Location was great for Newport, shopping, Sightseeing. Mike, Diana, and Charlie are just a few of the staff who did everything to make our stay a wonderful experiance. Our family's will be staying in this hotel later this season when they go on vacation and we will be staying in this hotel next time we are in RI.
Thank you for making our vacation awsome!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

The best ever!!! Thanks to Mike, Diana and Charlie for making such a great impression. There is nothing better than creating special memories. It is the highest compliment we can get. Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your story. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel provided my wife and I an excellent experience when we stayed there in May of this year. Although the rooms are a bit dated, they were extremely roomy and comfortable. The staff were always friendly and helpful and the Club Lounge provided us with excellent snacks and friendly, helpful staff. Also, the hotel has plenty of car parking making it easy to drive to all the local attractions and not having to worry of there is a spot when we returned. All in all, a thoroughly good experience. We'll be returning to the hotel when we're in RI again next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Always a pleasure to read such nice comments. I especially enjoy reading about our friendly staff. Our people are what separates us from the competition. We hope to see you back here soon. Thank you for choosing Sheraton.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is my second time staying staying at this property and it was wonderful again. We were checked in by James at the front desk who was very accomodating and professional.The rooms were clean and nicely decorated.( I do want to give a shout out to the gentleman who manned the front desk with James who did everything possible to make our stay as nice as possible.)
The club lounge offers a nice breakfast for those who have access.

Room Tip: Ask for a club level room, if it's not available ask for club lounge access.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your recent travels. Jamal and the team at the front desk know that we need to stand out in order to earn your business. We know you have choices while staying near Providence's TF Green Airport. I am glad that our people are what helped create a lasting memory. Thank you for your business.