“Nice enough room, club lounge nothing great”

Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked a King bed room on the 5th floor, Club level with Starwood Preferred membership. I liked the idea that it offered "evening drinks/Hors d'oeuvre's. We were both expecting "evening drinks" meant that there would be a wine/beer offering. However, we were disappointed to see that it was just water, milk and soda. Otherwise, there was just a fruit/veggie tray and a cheese and cracker tray. That was disappointing. Otherwise, I would have just paid the standard rate. Especially considering that there was no option of a breakfast since we were waking up on a Saturday and continental breakfast was only offered Mon-Fri? Odd! I will say the check in staff were very friendly. The room was nice enough, I liked the dark blue textured wall paper. Bathroom was small and standard. The TV was in an odd placement, not directly across the bed. The bed was very comfortable. I was very annoyed that housekeeping began knocking on the door at 9:00!! We had placed a Do Not Disturb sign on the door the night prior. They knocked several times, which my husband kept saying "Come back later please." Low and behold, our Do Not Disturb sign was gone when we checked. There was a big group of kids attending some type of sporting tournament going through the halls so we assumed they pulled a few pranks. Another couple checking out that morning also complained about the kids making noise. I was hoping to use the pool, however, we didn't have time. Parking lot was a pain and a very tight squeeze. We've stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites which we prefer and will just stay there from now on.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sumrtyme1973
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

I am sorry about the inconveniences you encountered. There seems to be some confusion as our Club Lounge is available every day. We serve a hot breakfast and we do have wine and beer in the evening. The other beverages are availble all the time. I would appreciate if you would give us another try when you come back to town. I will would be happy to personally look after your reservation and upgrade you to our Club Level. Feel free to connect with me at sales.info@sheratonprovidence.com

We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hai guys,in this hotel i was more than a week. They have nice rooms and near to ariport and shopping. on 5th level its club level with complimentary breakfast and evening social. they have shuttle to airport and any other near by areas. hotel also have nice restaurant at 2nd level. Fitness center is so good , they have so many equipments to stay fit while we travel. All staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. You have captured many parts of a guest's experience that we focus on. Convenience, service and many of the things you need to stay connected with your business and personal needs. We love our extended stay guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in December of 2012 and we were very happy with our stay. The hotel is clean, the staff members are pleasant, the hotel itself is conveniently located to the hotel, it has a very punctual shuttle service to the airport, extended parking so you may leave your car at the hotel (at a great rate), and the hotel had many great amenities. The pool and gym area are state-of-the-art, clean and open 24 hours. I would stay here again, without question. We were traveling as a family, and could not have chosen a better hotel to stay at before leaving on our trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review. We have come to realize that it is our convenience close to Providence's TF Green Airport that gets us noticed, but it is our friendly staff and great service that keep our valued guests coming back. We are glad you chose to stay here with your family. There is something special about helping families create great momories. We truly appreciate you business and your feedback.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The check in was very quick, Its near to the PVD Airport around 1 mile. Free shuttle will be provided to the airport and to Warwick mall and 5 Miles radius to Business & Personal work.
The other amenities are .club floor, fitness center and pool is 24/7.

Over all 10/10

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I hope now that we are no longer hidden you will find us for all future stays in the area.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My stay was by no means bad, but I don't give the hotel a high rating either. It was very no frills basic Sheraton property. I have stayed here before given the location's accessibility to various places I like to visit when in town. The bathroom setup is a bit cramped in my opinion, requiring some maneuvering to close the door to enter the shower. Additionally the bathroom products aren't nice and are pretty basic (hotel standard I suppose). The hotel didn't have my Starwood preferences set in my room; hypoallergenic, so that was annoying. Lastly, parking is a huge hassle here. We had trouble getting anything close to the entrances. There were many cars covered in snow and not moved for days, leading me to believe people park there for free and then catch their flights...the hotel should in to this as it's an inconvenience to actual hotel guests. As an aside there are only two entrances besides the front door and the hotel is literally two different buildings, so you have to make quite a trek to get to the second corridor.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review. It was very kind of you to post such thoughtful comments. Some of things you mention are definitely things we would change if we could. We don't receive many comments about the size of our bathrooms, although we can't change the size we insure they are spotless. I do apologize for the issues related to the location of our doors and cars covered in snow. Since we are a premier hotel at Providence's TF Green Airport we do offer park and fly packages but there is a designated parking area for those cars. The only way to overcome the things we can't change is to insure we create great memories of your stay. Hopefully, our courteous and friendly staff left an impression on you as well. Thank you for choosing Sheraton.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

An excellent business hotel located just down the road from Providence Airport. For aviation enthusiasts, ask for a room facing the airport runways. Overall rooms were average and a little subpar for a Sheraton banner. Quality wise it seemed more like a Four Points. Older building structure that has been rents at some point in the last 10 or 15 years.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for posting your review and recognizing our busines friendly hotel at Providence's TF Green Airport. In it's current layout, our hotel was built in the mid 1980's. It has been renovated several times over the years. We offer all the amenties of the Sheraton Brand and as you can tell by our pictures and reviews, our team members clean and maintain the hotel to the highest standards. We take great pride in our brand and you obviously have a great deal of knowledge about our brands. I hope you will be back and continue to share your valuable feedback. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Let me start by saying I am a business traveler, I spend about 225 days a year on the road so I know it's rare to come across a General Manager (Robert Burnetti) and staff like this one. My story is a different one but it really says something about the staff here. I was on a business trip to Cranston, RI from Atlanta when I rescued a 7 week old puppy along the expressway just north of Richmond VA. I have never traveled with a puppy before, so I had no idea how difficult it was going to be. To make a very long story short, Robert and his staff went way beyond their job descriptions to make my stay and my job much easier. I can't say enough good things about this staff, they were great, oh yeah did I mention the hotel is really clean and very well kept?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thanks for the note and I hope you and Gracie had a great trip home. It was a pleasure having you here. The staff (and our guests) really enjoyed the puppy. Thank you for sharing her and we all wish you the best this Holiday Season. Please send pictures!!