“Excellent!!”

Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Everything was excellent. The front desk associate when we checked in was so nice and pleasant that even my teenager noticed! Actually, every single staff person we encountered was above and beyond! The pool and fitness room was great. And of course the Sheraton beds and bed sets are always awesome!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We always try to set a good example. We know there are many choices when you are staying near the Providence's TF Green Airport. We believe our service and our warm and comforting environment make the best choice. Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've stayed at the Sheraton Warwick several times over the past year while in the area on business. Chose it at first because I'm an SPG member, but I kept coming back because of the value and the service. The service has always been excellent - particularly if you choose to stay on the club floor, which is totally worth the few extra dollars. It's a good size room and Alex, the person who tends the room, makes everyone who comes in feel right at home. Some of my co-workers told me I should stay at the Westin in Providence (which is fine), but after staying at both, I will return to the Sheraton Warwick.

Room Tip: Choose the club floor if possible (5th floor)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Kathy J, we appreciate your loyalty. We believe value and service and key attributes we can offer our loyal SPG guests. We know you have choices and our team is passionate about delivering service that will earn your business on each and every stay. Thank you for choosing Sheraton.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

A group of us recently stayed at the Sheraton by the Providence Airport. It was so convenient to the airport and the rental car lot. The shuttle picked us up and dropped us off as we arrived at a variety offices. The front desk was especially friendly and helpful. They made us feel so welcome as they answered questions and places and restaurants. Clean modern rooms with comfy beds made for great sleep. I would love to return again and do more sightseeing with Newport, Boston, and Cape Cod all so close.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear azroadrunner, please come back any time. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again. I truly appreciate you recognizing our team. While it is great to be connected to Providence's TF Green Airport, we are also convenient to many other attractions that make Rhode Island a fun place to visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business. The customer service was awesome! Very friendly staff. I didn't even have to ask, was sitting in the lobby not feeling well and they brought me out a hot tea! It was great! Will be staying here again
Thanks to the staff!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We know how comforting a hot tea can be. Please come back and see us, we truly truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here last weekend and met up with three other families. We all stayed on the club floor. The staff are friendly and attentive. Jason, the club lounge manager, is terrific. He stayed late to help us order dinner in the lounge. The pool is really nice! The only downside ... we didn't love the restaurant food. My salmon salad was cold, chopped into pieces instead of being served as a fillet, and still had the brown underparts that I then had to try to separate from the pink salmon piecemeal. I eventually gave up. Oh -- our television had poor reception and odd settings for movies the first night. On the second night, we called the front desk to complain and a technician was sent up. The front desk then gave us a credit for the previous night's movie which was very nice. All in all, except for the salmon, a well-run hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting your comments. It is always great to read such an informative post. We use all feedback to make things better. I will share your note with our new Chef. We have some great new things coming in the Blue Fire Bar and Grille so we need to be diligent about food quality. I wil share your story with our team, and the special kudos for Jason. Thank you for choosing Sheraton.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stay at the Sheraton each week and although there were new folks that joined, they are terrific. Front desk - Jameel, Alycee, Stephanie and Kevin...Club lounge - Alex is always a great guy to spend time with...I highly recommend this hotel, it is a good value

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

We ask for feedback for many reasons. To learn more about our valued customers, find new ways to improve our service and to understand your feelings just to name a few. It is fun to read nice things about our team. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We booked the hotel to be near Providence & we used our Starwood Preferred Guest rewards. The hotel looked nice, like a typical Sheraton outside & Lobby. The desk clerk was very nice & courteous & welcomed us warmly & I thought all was well. We were told we were on the 1st floor, which was beneath the hotel, because it was built on a hill. I didn't think too much about it until we got off the elevator & found our room to be in what looked like the basement of the hotel. Not so pretty as the other floors, ok, we opened our door which was the 1st one next to the elevator, 2 double beds, I asked for 1 queen, but that's all they had, ok. The room had 1/2 a window, like a basement, it had a moldy smell & the bathroom was dingy & needed a good cleaning, tub was stained, dirt in the corners. I went back to the desk & said I was unhappy, that I don't like the basement, another clerk, a girl, said sarcastically, It's not a basement, we are on a hill, it's the 1st floor. Fine, I don't like it. I was told they were full & couldn't find another room. The male clerk, who checked us in, extremely nice, continued to look for something else, he found a handicap room on the 3rd floor w/a double bed. I told him we'd take it anyway. The 3rd floor was bright & not dingy, the room was very clean & no musty odor, the bathroom was spotless. Why was the 3rd floor cleaner? Why did I have to go through that, was it because I used my Starwood points? Were we put in lowly room because of them? I think the entire "1st" floor needs a renovation & cleaning & the young lady clerk who was sarcastic to me needs a lesson in manners.

Room Tip: Make sure when you book, you don't get the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Valued Guest, I am sorry that your experience here was not up to our usual standards. Some of our guests prefer a first floor room, others share your thoughts on being on the first level. We always try to provide our guests with the room types they request. When we are sold out, sometimes we need to find other ways to insure your satisfaction. I am always alarmed when a guest departs our hotel with unresolved issues. Again I sincerely apologize for the way we made you feel. We value your business and we welcome our valued SPG guests to use your points here. I hope we can welcome you back and regain your confidence in the future.