“Excellent!”

Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night last week. We were upgraded to a suite when we arrived (got the free breakfast with this)- and they let us check in early as well. The room was very nice and comfortable. Also- when we arrived with saw on the front desk a thing for what's called "Taste of Rhode Island" which the hotel recommended. I want to put in a very good word for this. "Taste of Rhode Island" is a family owned new business where they come pick you up at your hotel via shuttle and take you down town. It costs 10 bucks a person and they have about 10 different stops. You can pick the one you want (they list what rest/bars are where on their map) and you go do your thing. If you want to go to a different stop then you can get picked (they drive by every hour) and get dropped off where you want. Then when you are ready to go back to the hotel- you get a ride. The parking is nutso downtown Providence and expensive therefore I hightly recommend this and they were so nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for posting your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Along with a comfortable place to stay and our convenient location near Providence's TF Green airport we are now happy to offer A Taste of Rhode Island shuttle to downtown. We are happy to have them as a partner and we appreciate your feedback on their service.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The service was excellent all round. The location was close to the airport of course as the name suggests - this also suggests the location is convenient, not necessarily pretty - which is to be expected. The room was nice and clean. The bed very comfortable with nice soft furnishings. There was little glitsy about the place and I guess my experience with Sheraton properties made me a little more expectant. If the price is right and you are wanting a nice, clean convenient business hotel its perfect. We were very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for posting your review. The business traveler is very important to us and we understand how competitive it is to earn your business. Location matters only when we can back it up with great service. Additionally, we need to be consistent because we know our customers have a tendancy to return to the area again and again. I hope you can find a reason to return and enjoy our clean, comfortable community here at the Sheraton. We aprreciate your business.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

When folks stay at a brand hotel, they expect a level of quality with that brand. This is obvious in the decor, the quality of the bed and bedding, the bath items provided, etc. These were all provided at the Sheraton.
When we judge hotels, one also has to look at ease of location. Was it easy to find? From the road, there are no indications on which exit to take. Perhaps they rely on everyone having a device that will tell them or Warwick has a policy not to post signage. It is handy to the airport, rental return garage.
Despite having made a reservation for a king size bed, when I arrived, the only room left was one with a full size bed. I voiced my disapproval and had to coax "we overbooked" from the desk clerk. I also coaxed a waiver of the $50 pet fee and a complimentary breakfast (not used) as compensation.
Finding an entry door from the parking lot was not easy. Very inconvenient (and unsafe, in my opinion), but this seems to be an old economy motel dressed up.
The bed was comfortable and internet is complimentary. The pet area at the very back of the hotel is supplied.
Would I 'read' this book again? The price was just okay and planning better I might choose another, but in a pinch, it's an okay read.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your insightful review. While we rely on our convenient location next to Providence's TF Green Airport, what set's us apart is our service. We offer many amenities that the nearby limited service hotels can't match. Our full service Lounge and Restaurant, room service, and upgraded amenities just to name a few. None of it matters if it doesn't set us apart. We rely on our team to make a lasting impression so that next time you are in the area you will stay with us. I hope you will try us again and challenge us to help create a special memory of your stay.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Here on business, conducted a training here all week. Staff here is great- very accomodating from check in to check out. Nick in banquets was always available to help, Alex in the Club Lounge provided a great atmosphere at the end of the day, restaurant and front desk staff great! I travel over 30 weeks per year for business, and this experience was one of the best.
Convenient location- very close to Providence Airport

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Diane L, we are glad you commented on your event and your stay with us. Nick and Alex work very hard and it will be a pleasure to share your story with them. We truly appreciate your business and we hope you can make it back soon. Thank you for choosing Sheraton.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Definitely NOT a 31/2 star for us. First room smelled moldy so moved to 2nd floor. Carpet badly stained/dirty and furniture looked "tired" in next room. We have definitely been in better rooms in 21/2 to 3 star hotels from Hotwire. Pool and excercise area were nice as was the lobby lounge area. Loved the computers but they all crashed Sunday to late Monday mourning. Coffee area was OK but disappointing. We planned to stay another day but "moved on".

Room Tip: Stay out of 1st floor. Feels like a basement.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear valued guest, I am truly disappointed that it seemed like everything that could go wrong during your visit did go wrong. I can offer no acceptable explanation. I have shared your comments with our leaders and I am sure you will see improvement if you choose to return. Cleanliness issues are simply inexcusable.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I completed my stay back in July but wanted to make sure I got this review in. The ENTIRE staff was top notch. From Alex and Steph getting my computer back to my room for me to the Sunday evenings with Jess in the lounge they always made me feel at home. Not to mention managers night with Lisa and Susan...every Wednesday they made it a point, even after long days, to spend time with the business guests and anyone else up on club level. Susan even came in the late one night just back from a business trip because it was one of my last weeks there! I may shed a tear on that one! Hope to come back again soon when I travel back to the US. Thanks for everything.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear JohnC, thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our team always enjoys reading such great comments. I am very proud of the team. I know they enjoyed having you here. If you had a website, we would write great comments on your site because you are a valued guest. I will be sure to give Steph, Alex, Jessica, Lisa and Susan a pat on the back on your behalf. Thank you for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Don't expect much more than your average hotel experience at this Sheraton. It's a convenient location if you need to be near the airport, or even if you don't mind a short drive into Providence. It's got free parking and free WiFi. The rooms are stocked with slightly outdated but functional furniture. The beds are very comfy. However, I gave it two stars because the room we stayed in (119) smelled overwhelmingly of MUST and MILDEW. I don't know if they'd had flooding problems (the 1st floor is slightly below grade) or what the story is, but the dank odor was powerful and persistent. This is really unacceptable for any hotel, much less one that bills itself as a 3-star. They need to address this problem immediately or close off the rooms exhibiting this issue.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor at all costs until the dank odors are alleviated.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Overland2007

Dear overland2007, thank you posting your review. We do offer the convenience of our location near Providence's TF Green airport and other amenties you should expect from the only full service hotel at the airport. However, we need to exceed your expectations in all aspects of your stay. It is always helpful to get room numbers so we can resolve the issues that our guests mention in their comments. I will personally check the room and get it fixed. We routinely do preventive maintenance in our rooms, your comment will help us target our effort. Thank you for choosing Sheraton.