“dirty; rude unhelpful staff; a shame”

Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“dirty; rude unhelpful staff; a shame”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed her for a meeting for one night. Room poor, unclean carpet etc. Lighting is very poor. On arrival, assigned 5th flr club room (SPG gold). Unfortunately bath was covered with hairs and dirt. When tried to shower, found the drain to be blocked. Called front desk and took them 3 hrs to even send someone. Ultimately the plumber confirmed a blocked drain that was going to be unable to be unblocked in reasonable time. Mgmt response was poor, Seemed surprised that we asked to be moved rooms, and only did so after several times saying initially there were none. The SPG club was pretty poor. Attendant there was asleep on the table, snoring away with customers present. Breakfast was especially poor with watery eggs and bakery items that had been left out overnight.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank cgr
Brock E, Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. Rest assure that this type of service is not typical for our hotel and that we take your comments very seriously. Guest service is our number one priority and I promise that the items noted by you will be addressed. Please reach out to me in the future should you decide to return to our Hotel. I would like to personally make sure you have a much more enjoyable stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 2, 2011

While I did not spend a substantial amount of time there it was a decent hotel. It seemed ok. For the price alone I would not recommend it, but if you need business items and a pool and weight room then yes its a good hotel. The main thing I noticed was the hallway carpet was riddled with food and drink stains. My door had some laminate off the bottom corner but did not effect the door just cosmetic damage. My room was clean and organized. One thing that was odd but I did not hold it against the hotel was the very nice 32" (LG) flat screen HD tv was not alined with the bed it sat about 4 feet off the side, no big deal and no deal breaker.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
kelkel10, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2011
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We truly value our guests and their feedback. I will share your feedback with our team to ensure we get these items corrected. Again, thank you for choosing the Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel.

Kathy Schnell GM
NC
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This hotel is pretty rough. Poor room lighting, stains on floors, dirty towels, dingy furniture, smells....just awful. I stayed for one night and felt dirty from it. Reading other reviews I see statements of renovation... as a spg platinum member I would have expected a new room but I must have missed out. Just a warning from my experience to make sure you get a "renovated" room!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank MBFNCNative
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We truly value our guests and their feedback. I am sorry you had a less than enjoyable stay. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your stay further. Your complete satisfaction is my ultimate goal.

Kathy Schnell GM
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed at this Sheraton on the Starwood Preferred Guest level for two nights and was more than satisfied with the experience. The room was very large and spacious with a uber comfy king size bed. The two arm chairs and additional table are an added bonus and don't clutter the room at all. We didn't use the desk in the room and unfortunately you have to pay for internet service so we didn't use it. The bathroom is modern and clean, the only complaint that I have is the configuration of the door and toilet. There is virtually no room between the toilet and door as you close it so it makes for awkward movements.

We didn't eat at the restaurant or use the shuttle but those amenities seemed like great options. It was quite crowded towards the end of our stay and I can definitely understand why. This hotel is in a prime location and a very good find for its price range. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
kelkel10, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments and feedback. We truly value and appreciate our guests and their feedback.

We certainly do feel that we are the best hotel choice in the city and look forward to proving that every day to our guests!

Please let me know if I can assist with anything in the future.

Kathy Schnell, GM
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I travel all over the world and the staff at the Sheraton at PVD airport are outstanding. They are friendly, prices are reasonable and the beds are great. The front desk and club lounge staff are great and the Wednesday night manager specials (with Janette) are a nice break during the week.

Room Tip: stay on the 5th floor with the club, it is worth it
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tony h

Please let me know if I can assist with anything in the future.

Kathy Schnell, GM
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed there for one night with a couple friends in two rooms. Rooms are perfectly fine and very comfortable, and were sparkling clean. The view from either side of the hotel is dismal and depressing but that's a nit. The breakfast experience, however, was unacceptable for a Sheraton.

When we got to the dining room, only 3 tables were occupied but not a single one was clean and we did not see any staff in the dining room so we waited for a couple of minutes until someone came out of the kitchen to greet us. They did a hasty job of cleaning a table for us but somehow left three dirty mugs and four dirty glasses at the end of our table and only put three settings even though there were four of us. Some of the food was disgusting, especially the potatoes which were mushy and slightly burned (how you can have mushy AND burned potatoes is beyond me). They ran out of coffee in the middle of the breakfast and it took a good 5 minutes to first be able to notify someone, and then for someone else to come out with a new pot. The single staff person we saw was overwhelmed with work but somehow managed to have a long phone conversation in the kitchen during service, so someone else eventually came out to help (that person was wearing sneakers, jeans, and a hoodie -- again, not up to Sheraton standards). After breakfast, we went to get lids for our coffee cups but, of course, they had run out of them. Breakfast was inexpensive by Sheraton standards ($8 for continental buffet, $12 for the full buffet), but we expected a better experience and were prepared to pay more.

To sum it up: rooms were great but the restaurant was terrible. We will not return or, if we do, we will have breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charles V
kelkel10, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank for your comments and feedback.

We truly value our guests and their feedback. I can assure we take feedback like this quite seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems with breakfast. I will share them with the F&B Management staff to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Please contact me personally, so that I may ensure your complete satisfaction with your stay.

Thank you again for staying with us and for the feedback.

Kathy Schnell
GM
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect considering that many of the hotels near the Airport did not seem to be very nice but I was very happy with my stay. The rooms were very clean and even the comforter appeared to have been changed. The staff was friendly and courteous and the fitness center was top notch. The club lounge on the 5th floor has free sodas, coffee, snacks and breakfast in the morning. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you so much for your kind comments and feedback. We value our guests and the their feedback.

Thank you so much for choosing the Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel!

Let me know if I can assist with anything in the future.

Kathy Schnell