“Great Location, Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Radisson Hotel Providence Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
“Great Location, Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I wanted a sleep, park , fly hotel near the Providence, RI airport and the Radisson was the one I chose, mostly because of the price.

The lobby was beautifully decorated and the staff was wonderfully efficient. I had put our luggage on a rack and one of the staff had it in our room before we even knew what room we were in. He didn't hang around and wait for a tip either - although we did find him later and give him one.

The check-in staff gave me the information on the shuttle and where to park for the week. I parked my car in the large lot - plenty of space for all.

The room was a little small but since we were only staying there one night, it didn't really matter. One of the reasons I chose the Radisson is that they advertised sleep number beds and our room didn't have them - I was a little disappointed. We could hear kids bouncing around in the room over us. I was surprised that it wasn't a little more soundproof.

The next morning, the shuttle was there and waiting and got us to the airport quite efficiently.

I am pleased with the stay and the value I got for the package. The small inconveniences were greatly outweighed by the convenience of staying so close to the airport and the great value for the night.

Room Tip: If you really want a sleep number bed be sure to inquire as to the availabilty.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Holmdel, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm not sure what hotel the rest are commenting about or if they were there with blinders on. I am not overly picky with accommodations, but I am honest when it comes to rating them. My expectations are first and foremost for a clean environment. Pulled up to the front drive to be greeted by a homeless man. Ok, I'm from NY and I've seen my share so I'm not bothered by homelessness -- the hotel however, should be concerned about the first impressions of their guests. The room boasts a Sleep by Number bed that didn't work. Two or three staff members came into my room to fix it. As a consolation prize we received free breakfast vouchers. Sleeping on the bed was equivilent to sleeping on a park bench. (Guess I'm not buying one for my home!) The room was not exceptionally clean, especially when you start pulling out a sofa bed with crumbs, etc. We booked the room to accommodate four people in the room. Since we have a boy (10) and girl (8) we like them to have their own beds. We were told that we can put a roll away in the room. You guessed it, they wouldn't let us have a roll away because it was a fire hazard. I asked for a room that would accommodate a roll away and was informed that they did not have a bigger room. Not sure why the roll away was a fire hazard and the pull out bed was not. When opening the pull out, there was 2" between the end of the bed and the wall. I complained to the manager, showed him the current arrangement and the pointed out that it doesn't meet fire code, rearranged the room slightly and he finally allowed me to put a roll away into the room. As you can imagine, we left early the next day and the rest of our trip was fine. As I stated earlier, I'm not overly picky or critical, but I do rely on TripAdvisor to help me select hotels and I like to be fair and honest to other people that read reviews. If you're doing an overnight to catch a flight and the Hampton is booked, then you can survive, but don't bring a family here for 3 or 4 days. The staff was nice with no argument about my complaints which either pointed to their agreement of the conditions or their inexperience on how to handle the situation. I was not offered compensation for the horrible stay or apologies. In my haste to leave, I left my pajamas on the back of the bathroom door. When I went back to retrieve them, they denied I left anything behind. Just PJ's but not the point.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank niro917
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of the problems that you experienced while at our hotel. It is always our goal to have every guest leave satisfied with their experience. Please know that all of our guest comments are taken seriously and we are working to ensure that they do not happen again. Again, please accept my more sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced.
Belmont, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Johnson and Wales University owns this hotel, and its Culinary Studies and Hospitality Studies students run the hotel (with supervision naturally) and prepare all the food (throughout the university) and do an outstanding job! Our stay was comfortable, and we received very good service throughout the weekend.

Room Tip: Top floor is best because walls are a bit thin.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
cranston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I arrived at 2:45 for a 3pm check-in. Upon arrival, I was told it would be about 10-15 more minutes, which I expected. I went back inside to the front desk at 3pm and was told it would be another 10 minutes. I went back inside at 3:15 and was told just a few more minutes. At about 3:25 I went back inside (That's 3 times so far) and was told my room was ready. When I verified that the room had a whirlpool, she said, oh no, I had the maid clean the wrong room, it will be about 10 more minutes, and then she proceeded to ask if I wanted something to drink, to which I replied, I just want my room, I had been traveling for 2 hours and was exhausted. Overall, I had gone back to the front desk a total of 5 times and finally got my room key after about 1 hour, by that time, I was going to just go to another hotel because that was my first experience at that hotel and it was not a good one. Once inside the room, it was fine!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Quinebaug, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel serves as a teaching hotel for students at Johnson and Wales college. I would give them all A's! GREAT service and total client care. It is close to the airport, but no airport noise is heard. We will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here three or four times, each time for 5 or 6 days, over the past year (2011-2012) on routine trips to Rhode Island. The rooms are not luxurious, but they have always been clean and comfortable and everything in the room (tv, internet, fridge, etc.) have always worked. The first thing you may notice is that you will be greeted by a gaggle of smiling JW kids at the front desk; they really are pleasant and do their best to accommodate your requests. The service was also good at the restaurant. But being Legal Seafood fans from way back, we usually choose to have dinner at the LSF located right next door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank rico3820
Duanesburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband was working in New Bedford Mass so we decided i would go there for News Years eve since he would not be able to get home. We like Radisson's so that is why we decided to stay there. The hotel was very nice, clean and the staff were wonderful. The Libations restaurant had a New Years Eve Special which was fabulous. It was very easy to get to also. Check was very quick and easy as was leaving the next day. If we are going to be in that area again, i would stay there. We also got the Bed and Breakfast for two and the breakfast meal was very very good also.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple