“Great staff”

Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stayed several nights during a conference. The staff was very accommodating. Added a table and chair on the patio so I could enjoy my coffee one morning, and offered help several other times during our stay. Our room was very quiet despite being beside the elevator and the food was good.

Room Tip: Rooms by elevator don't have great views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Cara G, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Susan G,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel staff. We take our customer service very seriously and really appreciate receiving positive feedback. I am also very glad your enjoyed the conference here, and hope you will return for one in the future. Thank you again for your feedback, it is critical to the success of our hotel!

Warm Regards,
Cara Gilbert
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this very large hotel for a convention. I had no problems except for the fact that they didn't supply us with a luggage rack for a few days because they had none on hand. Room service is good and the bar in the lobby fulfilled all my World Cup watching needs.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S-Ann A
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We left the hotel today after a three night stay in this hotel and although it is quite a beautiful hotel it is not the best I have been to. We were deceived by the pool and 'fitness center' , they were beyond small and not very sanitary looking. The front desk members of the staff were pretty snooty and when we asked about the pool temperature to be turned up they replied "the pool temperature is set at 85 and when the pump is turned on it takes 12 hours to heat up" , yet this pool was the size of a small pond. None the less they did not turn the heat up. Next the restaurant although it has a beautiful appearance to it the wait staff in the restaurant itself weren't very helpful and the 'buffet' wasn't exactly a buffet! When we stayed at previous Crowne Plaza's the buffet served French toast, fresh fruit, pancakes, bacon,sausage, muffins, cereals and at this crowne plaza the food all sat out and was not appetizing. The buffet only had the choice of eggs in different varieties. However, the room service was delicious but a bit over priced. The portions were not worth the amount! The hotel in General was over priced and it was a huge disappointment. The only positive thing is it was convenient to travel to near by shops, restaurants, beaches, and the zoo. I would recommend a different hotel while staying in Rhode Island !!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank AmbFzz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Dear AmbFzz ,

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the pool, front desk customer service and restaurant service which was unacceptable. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I went here for a conference. I was surprised by the small breakfast area and its offer. Have seen that much better at other hotels of the same pricing category.
The pool and fitness area sucks and needs some intensive renovation! The individual AC (split-system) is super-noisy as well as the connection door between the rooms if you have a loud neighbor as I had during my stay.
Next time, I'll take another hotel!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Nils K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Nils K,

Thank you for your taking the time to evaluate our property. We pride ourselves on the service and standards that we offer. I am sorry that the hotel pool and fitness center did not meet your expectations and apologize for any discomfort caused by the noise levels. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N

Reviewed August 2, 2014

A decent night's sleep after a long day of driving through the northeast. The hotel is reasonably close to Providence and offers a fabulous breakfast buffet. The omelet station was a real highlight! The downside is Warwick ... not exactly a garden spot.

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from the lobby and conference area. It can get pretty noisy as this hotel hos...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank PinUpBoy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Dear PinUpBoy,

Thank you for your review. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge their good stay. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast as well as the sleeping accommodations you received. However, I am sorry our location was not ideal for your visit. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W

Reviewed July 28, 2014

On Sunday, my cousin was having her bridal shower at the crown hotel in the glass garden room. The room and event was fabulous!! But as an event planner i have to say i have never seen such great hard working staff ever!!!! I first came in with a lot of pastries, (were Italian, we love our sweets!) The banquet planner Carlos was there to help! He put everything away in the coolers for me, later we had more desserts that arrived, he quickly came over and helped me with them, he was so nice and had a sense of humor too! " you're lucky we have 8 coolers for all these desserts! haha, Later in the event my mother dropped her wine glass on the floor and out of no where he was there sweeping and cleaning up the mess on his hands and knees with all his staff too!! He was on top of everything during the event. the food was excellent, the service was great. My kids did not like the "fancy food" Carlos noticed they weren't eating and brought out chicken nuggets and french fries for them! amazing! You should all be proud to have such an amazing team there at crown. that truly cares and a great leader! I didn't get a chance to thank him or the tall Spanish lady that was with him, but ill certainly be back for more events i'm sure, and maybe ill see them both! Thank You for making my cousins day special!

Christine

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine F
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a glitch with our reservation, but the woman at the front desk went out of her way to make sure that my friends and I were able to get the rooms that we needed. It is rare to experience such great customer service, especially considering that it was close to midnight when we arrived. I liked the toiletries that were provided in the rooms. Breakfast buffet was pretty good, although I wish they had some waffles or pancakes (they were only available as a la carte). They also had fruit in the lobby (apples and oranges), which I thought was nice. We also enjoyed time in their pool late into the night, and the staff was kind enough to let us stay in there a bit longer than its official closing time. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor, near the lobby, can be a bit noisy, especially if they are hosting an event.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends