Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
$134
$131
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdog showlarge hotelprovidence warwick airportcommon areasbed was very comfortableindoor poolhotel restauranthousekeeping staffclose to the airportconferencebanquetreunionshuttleunitshighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Going to conference hotels can be a let down. The Crown Plaza in Warwick was definitely not your typical "airport: or conference hotel.
Rooms were big with lots of room to spread out. Large bathrooms counters with good lighting and space to move around for two.
I had the pool to myself in the morning for a swim. Pool was clean but too small to swim laps. Would be great for family to enjoy because it was no deeper than 5 feet and compact.
While the meal we had in the bar on Sunday night was just okay, my husband said the conference luncheon buffet was very good.
This hotel is so convenient for getting around the area,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel more than once. Our company has a negotiated rate of $95, but the street rates are not much higher. The rooms are renovated and a very good size. The price of the room includes a free appetizer as well as continental breakfast. The breakfast selection is very good. Besides the usual selection of bagels, scones, muffins and cereal, there is also yogurt as well as smoked salmon. You can also pay an additional $8 for the hot food. We did not use the pool, but it looked nice. I've heard good reviews for the wedding services. Wifi is free, which is a huge plus in my book! Two small issues - the heat/AC in my room was loud and woke me up several times at night; I was travelling with my toddler who sleeps in a pack and play, which was not available at this hotel. It is a pretty standard item, I was glad I called ahead to ask.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I found the room to be neat, clean and well-appointed. The room was always cleaned by 11AM. The best thing about the bathroom was the shower pressure and the how quickly you received hot water.
The restaurants on site were a bonus and served very good food. The conference I attended there was well organized and the food served was very appetizing.
I had difficulty getting onto their wifi several times but the response time of the internet tech in coming to my room was first class.
What spoiled my overall experience was how I was greeted and checked in. I got to the hotel before 10 AM and witnessed the guest before get checked in with the comment from the agent that they had a few rooms that were done. When I approached the front desk I was told that I could not check in because there was no available rooms. I commented that I saw the person before me get checked in, to which the reply was yes that was the only room. I asked when should I come back and was told at 3 pm. I could not be checked in before 3 pm. At 11:50 as I was going by the lobby I saw groups of people being checked in ( by the same agent ). When another person approached from the inner office I asked if there was a manager. She stated she was the manager, I asked to speak with her.
She told me I had to wait then she proceeded to check in other guest even those that arrived after I had asked to speak with her. She was at first rude and combative with me when I again asked when she would service me. I ended up having to call the corporate office.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Shelly A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Shelly A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.I appreciate the kind remarks on our rooms. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced and we regret for the inconvenience our staff at check in may have caused during your stay. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, we will address this and will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for little league tournament. It was the "official" host hotel of the tournament, however, this hotel was not interested in catering to the families. Management clearly only accepted this booking because they recognized that it was a good source of revenue as all families stayed 6+ nights. The problems started before our team even arrived. First they were 3 rooms short for our team and several families were forced to call 3-4 times just to make a reservation because the mangagemnent had no clue of inventory. Also, they insisted on booking our reservations for only half of our stay and required us to check with the front desk to extend which was another production that required 2 more unnecessary visits to the front desk after we arrived. The other issue was not enough double rooms for our team. If you book a piece of business for youth baseball teams, you should anticipate that these rooms need to sleep 4 and not 2. Refrigerators and microwaves were requested by many families at the time of reservation, however, I am not aware of anyone who actually got one on our team. No free breakfast so a refrigerator and microwave would have been appreciated. Housekeeping insisted on leaving only 3 clean towels in the rooms so for 6 days in a row I had to ask for more towels. Ordered room service for breakfast - requested delivery from 7:00-7:30am - room service delivered at 6:30 instead and woke everyone up - no apology for mix-up. Night Hotel Manager was very unpleasant towards our team when we gathered outside - we were rudely told that we were blocking the exit and that we had to move in 15 minutes. The reason we were outside to begin with was because there was no place for our team to gather inside the hotel! Other than the service issues- the hotel also has a few notable issues: sound proofing is terrible especially when there is an event in the ballroom or tent, bathroom lighting is very poor, hallways seemed to have no a/c - hot and stuffy in the summer time. For a Crowne Plaza I expected more. Only good service was from catering staff at our events - they were aware of customer needs and were most accommodating department at this property - kudos to the catering staff. I'd recommend skipping this hotel and staying somewhere that they value customers - no surprise but no recognition received for IHG Priority Members either.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank My3boyscjl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear My3boyscjl,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service from our staff, housekeeping. noise and the air conditioning which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a one night romantic getaway. Our room was very roomy, probably could have a had a small gathering there. The bath was large and covered in marble. When we arrived the hotel parking lot was almost full even though it is very big, once inside we found out they were having several weddings and a meeting in their banquet halls. Even though there were lots of people the hotel was not crowded or noisy.
Since I am a IHG Rewards member I was given a coupon for a free appetizer in Alfred's Lounge, a very big lounge and bar with lots of leather and dark wood.
All in all we had a very nice stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple