“Excellent event venue”

Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was an excellent event venue - the host hotel for The Border Terrier Club of America national specialty. The staff made people and dogs welcome, grounds were spacious and clean. Great banquet and meeting room facilities, finger food served for our intro get together was very nice as well as the buffet dinner.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beverly F

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I also stayed here for a conference. The complementary shuttle from the airport was a nice feature, but this hotel is not within walking difference of ANYTHING, so it's otherwise difficult to get around. I didn't eat in the restaurant, so I can't speak to that. Room service refused to bring cutlery to our room unless we ordered food. They wanted to charge $20 per day for use of a microwave, no mini fridge, etc.... Great local restaurants in the area, but seems like this place goes out of their way to prevent saving your own food, which I guess is their way to get you to eat at their restaurant. I paid a special rate for being part of the conference, and it was a nice place, I've just been to a lot better for the same or lower price. This is the only time I've stayed in Rhode Island, though. I didn't think the rooms were that big, as some others have suggested. I stayed in a room with two double beds. The bathroom was very small, but having the sink area outside of the toilet and shower area I guess was nice. The hotel staff was for the most part friendly, but not always apparently competent about the front desk. The hotel was very clean. I was awoken once by housekeeping, which was my fault for not putting the do not disturb sign out, but it was early. Quite early. From then on I just always left the sign out. I can use the same towels for more than one day. The conference rooms and services were nice, but the air conditioning was on WAY too high and it was freezing in the rooms. I'm not sure the catering of our conference breakfast was scant because of the hotel service or the conference organizers, but either way, it wasn't great. I need more than coffee for talks starting at 8 am.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicole K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Nicole K,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am very pleased that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for conference for work. I thought it was expensive for what I received. Room was clean and spacious but nothing special. AC unit was extremely loud. Food was overpriced but was good. Bottom line is there are probably better places to stay that give the same amenities for less money.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. Restaurant is great and the food is awesome. They also have a very nice lounge where you can sit at the bar or comfortable booth. Rooms are nice (they seem a little larger than most). The grounds surrounding the hotel are beautiful, great for a leisurely, relaxing after diner walk.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Stated here for a wedding and it far exceeded our expectations for a rural hotel. Comfy beds and nice rooms with a soda and chair sitting area. Beautiful lobby. About 15 minutes from providence. Less than an hour from new London ferry

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel was very nice and the staff helpful. The only item was the pillows in the room, who can sleep on them, a literal 'Pain in the Neck'. When I asked for a standard sized pillow I was told this is all they have but after I complained a second time they somehow delivered two very nice standard pillows. I think the management needs to poll their guests the find out what they think, I think too cutesy not serviceable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne for one night and would recommend. The property itself is beautifully landscaped, as the dogwood trees lining the driveway were all in bloom and looked so pretty.The lobby is very large and elegant. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful. My room was a handicap equipped room, so it was very large with plenty of space. Nice amenities in the bathroom that smelled really good. Flat screen TV had lots of channels to choose from, and wireless internet available as well. There was a nice area in the entryway that had a coffeemaker, ice bucket, and other amenities, which would have been perfect if there was an electrical outlet for the coffeemaker. My bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. I didn't eat in the restaurant, but was told by my colleagues that the food and service was very good. There is a Lowes shopping center across the street within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, request a room that doesn't face the "event" tent on the property.