“Convenient Location Warwick”

Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a decent hotel which is in a very good location. People are nice and quite helpful. This place is large and has several ballrooms and meeting rooms. Room service is a little bit pricey but, quick and excellent. Good kids meals. The bar room has an inviting motif and my wife and I went down to hang out by the fire place every night we stayed. Very nice!

Room Tip: Get your room at the end of the hallway. Sometimes these hallways can get noise. Do not get an adjoi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear hockeybuzz,

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Friendly attentive staff. The rooms are large and furnished well. Large bath rooms, a/c that works and the beds are comfortable. I ate at the bar where the staff was attentive and the food good. This is a great business hotel and well as family. Had some difficulty getting on the free wireless but once connected it was pretty fast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had to suddenly travel to Rhode Island because my mother was failing in health.
I was given a grand suite as an upgrade. I was made very comfortable there. Room service made up a special request plate for my supper. When I tried to tip the server, he said the tip was included in the price.
Everyone at the front desk always greeted me as I passed by. One clerk asked me how my mother was doing.
Luckily, my mother improved and I went home.
But when my mother does pass, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed January 11, 2013

the best thing about the hotel is the staff, they are very kind and very patient.
I also liked the size of the rooms.
On the down side, I did not have hot water for a shower in my room for 2 nights, and the air conditioner was so noisy that it woke me up from sleep about 5 times a night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Inna B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Inna B,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding shower experience and the air conditioning. We will address these point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I only stayed one night and the beds were very comfortable. The room itself was very spacious and plenty of space to walk around.
The thing that impressed me the most was the massive size of the counter top in the bathrooms. It had double sinks and it wrapped around almost 10feet. Also it had a make up mirror.....thank you, thank you, thank you.

Since I only stayed one night, I am not quite sure of the surrounding area but it was 12 minutes away from the aiport and the structure of the hotel looked pretty historic.
I will come back again

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Haven't been staying at crowne plaza's lately, but I will add them to my top list based on this and the last three I've stayed at. Again recently updated, very clean, great service, and good nights sleep. on site restaurant. Only down side is must drive to any other services.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
CrowneGuestServices1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza and for your kind words. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This large hotel needs some TLC. Located in Warwick, it is minutes from Providence Airport (which is actually located in Warwick, RI). The service is excellent, both at the front Desk and in the restaurant.

However, the rooms are badly outdated and rundown. The HVAC is so noisy it actually disturbs ones sleep! Despite changing rooms three times at check in, no solution could be found-the noise from the heat/ fan was intolerable.

Having stayed here many times, 10-15 years ago, I thought I'd give it another try. Sadly, this very large property has not been redecorated since - well, I'm guessing since my last stay 10 years ago! Room door locks did not work properly- in three different rooms! We booked 2 rooms and looked at 5. One had a broken commode, three had broken door locks and all had the incredibly noisy HVAC.

Certainly Intercontinental Hotel Group can do better than this.

• Stayed: November 2012
CrowneGuestServices1, Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your unhappiness during your stay and thank you for your feedback. Our guests complete satisfaction is our ultimate goal. I can assure you we are committed to correcting any and all issues reported by our guests.
Thank you for your comments.