“Incompetent Stuff”

Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We were there for a wedding and stayed at crown plaza for the weekend. The ambiance was nice but the stuff really out of this world and seemed like it was their first time working there. My card was overcharged for no legitimate reason and they went our of their way not to help with the situation.

Room Tip: Great hotel but dont except the service
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
jimmeo, Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Thank you for your comments. Our goal is to fully train our associates prior to guest contact, we will review the performance of our new employees to better the experience of our guests.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel...Room was very clean and spacious...the bed was very comfortable...and quiet hotel during sleeping hours...Ate at the restaurant and it was very good.

Only negative is that the heating system is alittle too loud when it turns on...Had to turn it off in the middle of the night because it wake me up a couple of times....

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2011

We stayed for four nights during a Navy reunion. We had a rather large room at ground level.
The room had a king size bed, couch, desk, enough drawer space for storing clothes, and it was clean.
The food was good. We did not eat at the restaurants but had a breakfast buffet in our hospitality room each morning and a banquet one night.
It took a couple days before we got housekeeping to understand we wanted them to leave only regular coffee packets and no decaf.
The indoor pool could have been a little warmer but no one else was using it while we were there.
They have a nice setup for large gatherings.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TubaChristmas
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The rooms were very old. the HEating system did not want to work, instead would stop in middle of night and which can get really chilly in the room, they have some OLD fashioned units which badly need replacement. The room cleaning is not as per general Crowne standards.
I had given 2 pairs of my laundry, which they shrunk and when i complained..they said "we cant do anything as its a service provider"...common i dont care whos the service provider, i care that i am staying at crowne plaza. Was told someone from the laundry will call me, no one called and checked too.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2010

What a beautiful hotel! Not only the all the Itallian marble but the hotel staff were the industrys best !!! I want to go back to visit esp. Vinnie the bell hop,he completed my trip by directing me to all of the area attractions with a map in hand and sugestions of what to do while i was there! The hotel was the cleanest i have been in. The ball room staff was perfect and so was the food.The resturant and staff great too. Thanks for an incredible stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Stayed here for a week on a recent trip to the Providence area; my husband was in Warwick for work, while my teenage daughter and I were there to see the sights of the area. The hotel is pretty centrally located and easy to get to from the highway. I found it rather easy to get into Providence, so we were able to catch the train to Boston for a day trip. Also, easy to get to Newport for a nice day trip. There are several decent restaurants on the waterfront area of Warwick, which is close by. We did not fly into the Providence airport, but I understand that it was very close as well...so the location is certainly one of the high points of the hotel. The hotel has many large ball rooms and conference rooms, as well as a huge outside tent for events. So, it obviously attracts many local weddings, receptions, parties, and conferences. There were large groups at all times in the hotel, and the lobby gets quite crowded. The hotel seems rather old, but that would not be a problem with me if everything worked properly. The air conditioning was probably the main problem...the hallways were not air conditioned and they were really uncomfortably hot. The elevators were hot, and always crowded. Often we had to wait for two or three elevators to pass our floor, they were too full to get on...so we stood sweating in the hallway, then crammed in a full elevator, sweating some more. The air conditioning did not work in our room either...we called the front desk and they were very polite and the maintenance man showed up within seconds. He fixed the problem the first night...but it made a huge racket all night. Lucky for us, I guess, because we were awakened at midnight by our neighbors having a huge fight, and the A/C was probably masking a bit of the noise...we called and complained, once again the front desk was apologetic and polite and said they would send security at once. We had to call back a second time because nothing was done, the fighting was so terrific they were throwing things against the wall...none of us got any sleep the first night. The next morning my husband went to the desk to complain about the noise, they assured us the party next door would be checking out and not to worry...my husband needed to work the next day and we all really needed to get a decent night of sleep. Funny, they advertised our floor as a "quiet zone." The next day, the A/C in the room quit again...the repair folks responded promptly once again, and we were back in business. We left the room for them to fix it this time, and when we returned it was finally cool. The room A/C obviously needs to be replaced, it never worked properly and it always made so much noise we had to sleep with pillows over our head. The beds are rather uncomfortable...once again, a bit out dated. The pool area was clean as were the excercise rooms, the hot tub did not work. The folks at the desk were always pleasant as were the staff in the restaurant. However, I would not recommend the hotel based on the crowds and level of disrepair of some of the amenities. If you are staying there for an event, it would probably be sufficient.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I was only here for a night so I don't know how helpful I can be. The lobby and rooms are very nice for an airport hotel. There was plenty of room to spread out for work. My main concern was the HVAC. The thermostat is on the wall but the room is serviced by an old wall unit. When I wanted to sit on the couch I would have to turn the unit temp down to 65 to be comfortable. But when I needed to work on my computer on the desk which was right next to the unit I was freezing.

Also walls seemed thin. I could hear the person next door throwing up all night.

On the plus side the lobby was very attractive and the room itself almost could have been a suite.

My opinion is still out because I have not tested the competition.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business