“Excellent value, friendly staff”

Best Western Airport Inn
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Harwich, Massachusetts, Usa
“Excellent value, friendly staff”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I got in at 11:00 PM and was greeted by two smiling desk clerks who offered a wake-up call and shuttle service in the morning. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was above average for this price range hotel. A real credit to the Best Western franchise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HeatherMcDermott, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Robert-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. After a long day of travel I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We are always striving to bring excellent customer service to each one of our guests. I hope that we will be seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Baton Rouge
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place has to be the best hotel values in New England! I discovered it when flying out of TF Green airport after touring CT, RI and MA. If possible I always like to stay at an airport hotel the night before a return flight to guarantee a relaxed, stress-free departure. Since my plans included a trip to Block Island a couple of days before my flight, I was looking for a nice, inexpensive place to stay two nights that would put me as close as possible to the airport on the day of my return flight.

After careful research on Trip Advisor, I selected the Best Western Airport Inn. To be perfectly honest, my expectations weren't very high simply because the rate was so reasonable. I was, to say the least, very pleasantly surprised. Everything about this hotel was exceptional and way beyond what would have been acceptable for the price.

The lobby, breakfast area and rooms were all spotless, the beds, linens and pillows were like those found in hotels that charge much, much more. The staff could not have been more courteous and accommodating and the complimentary breakfast was amazing...loved the eggs and sausage!

The hotel's location was primo, both for access to the airport, literally within walking distance, and to the highway leading to the Block Island Ferry landing. Legal Seafood was right across the street and the friendly hotel staff made sure we knew at check-in that there was a coupon available for hotel guests. There was also an I-HOP and a Wal-Mart just a few minutes down the road.

I booked the stay through Expedia and particularily liked that although you were required to pay in advance, there is a very generous refund policy that allowed a full refund if cancelled just a day before check in.

One final thing I would like to add, this has to be the quietest airport hotel I have ever stayed in! I honestly cannot remember hearing a single plane the entire time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HeatherMcDermott, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Marti-
I hope you had a nice time on your trip to Block Island. We strive to offer excellent service in all aspects of a guests stay at reasonable prices. I am happy that you liked the convenience of the location along with the items that we serve for breakfast. I am glad you got a good nights sleep before your flight. We hope you will be staying with us again and we hope to see you soon!

Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Nice hotel to stay for the night if leaving for a morning flight. No restaurant on site but plenty of places to eat around , continental breakfast was decent...not a large selection ... but almost perfect for a bite to eat and a coffee or tea before early morning flight....Only bad thing we found was hairs on pillows...Front desk came right up to room to handle problem...rooms were pretty decent...only thing you have to adjust to is the sink outside the bathroom , which is great when wife and daughter do hair and not hog the bathroom and you have to use toilet...( just might do that at home when time to remodel )..Beds were quite comfortable...another option they have is you can pay to park in the hotel lot and take their shuttle to airport or you can park right across the street at Pre-flight parking... Value wise it's a good deal staying at this hotel...we know we will be next time we fly out of Providence

Room Tip: not sure of other rooms but 3rd floor was quiet...would recommended staying away from rooms near ele...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HeatherMcDermott, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
John-
I am happy to hear that you stayed with us before your flight out. We strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests. Next time you are going to be flying out think about our sleep,park, fly package and we can take you to the airport and pick you up when you return while leaving your car here. I hope that we see you soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

First of all I must say this hotel was a great value compared to other Providence airport options when I booked. The airport shuttle arrived in 5 minutes & the driver was very helpful & courteous. My room was on the 2nd floor & was very spacious. It was nice that the sink wasn't in the bathroom, especially if you have 2 people trying to get ready at the same time. My room had a microwave, coffee maker & refrigerator. It also had 2 luggage racks, great for 2 people! The heat/AC unit worked a bit too well & it was nice that it has a plastic cover over it so all the air didn't blow up behind the curtains. Beds were comfortable enough but my sheet & pillows were very yellow compared to the others. Not dirty, just yellow. There were some stains on the cover at the foot of the bed which was pretty disgusting (see pics). I also found it amusing that the the remote was supposedly sanitized, yet it was in the nastiest holder I had ever seen (see pics). Breakfast was fine - 3 choices of cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, waffle maker, sausage links & eggs (you had to re-heat yourself in microwave) as well as muffins, bread, pastries & bagels. Just before check out as the cleaning staff was in rooms next to me, a horrible urine/cleaning odor drifted into my room. Luckily I was leaving so it wasn't a big deal. I noticed some of the rooms are right next to the ice machines, with no partition or wall whatsoever & you wouldn't want one of those rooms! There is a Legal Seafood restaurant across the street that is affordable at lunch, but pretty expensive for dinner. There is also a convenient store & Dunkin Donuts just down the road as well as a Wendys a bit further & a Bertuccis (pizza & Italian). The airport has a Starbucks, Quizno's subs & Johnny Rocket's inside but only the Starbuck's is available after you exit the gate area. Overall, I would stay here again as it was much better than the last place I stayed at the Providence airport.

Room Tip: Request a room away from elevators, vending & ice machine
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lem1
HeatherMcDermott, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Lem1-
I am happy to hear that your overall stay with us was good. We strive to provide excellent service to each guest. Sorry about some of the issues that you encountered. We will be addressing each one of those issues. We hope to see you again soon.
Cocoa, Florida, Usa
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Change the breakfast meal selections, you offered the same eggs and frozen sausage every morning! Area needs a better set-up, plates need to be on both sides, not just by the waffles. Not much selection.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank 444RobertB444
Mike P, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Robert B-
We do have an array of breakfast items from eggs,bagels, muffins, danish, fruit, cereal, waffles, toast, juice, and sausage. We do not change it on daily basis because 95% of our guests are only hear for one night and so only have a continental breakfast. Thank you for your suggestion about the plates we will be doing that. We hope to see you again in the future.
Barrington, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 7, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay. It was clean, pretty and the breakfast was great. I lost a button on my shirt and was offered sewing kit....which the then pricked my finger on and was promptly offered a band aid and a few laughs. Great place, Ill be back.....stock up on the band aids Best Western!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mike P, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Susan-
Hope you are having a great day! Thank you for the great review. We strive to do our best everyday for each guest. I am happy to hear that we could help you out with a sewing kit. We look forward to seeing you very soon! Have a great day!

Tahiti
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The staff at this location was as ever, very friendly, positive and eager to please. I was taken to and from dinner along the road int he snow, and they were always chatty and pleasant. Rooms a very nice, good size, clean and very peaceful for an airport location. I would rate this as the best Best Western we have used, and will certainly use again if we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mike P, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thorheim-
Thank you for posting a review for our hotel. It is great to hear that you rate us as the best Best Western. We strive to make every guests stay enjoyable and memorable. I hope we will see you again in the future!