“WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!!!”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Warwick ri
“WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am a pregnant woman who is terribly sick and nauseous all the time.It is to the point were I take chemo meds and they barely take the edge off. I booked this room through hotwire and was treated terrible at the front desk upon check in. I was given a terrible attitude by the front desk lady. Shreinformed me that there was a 100 dollar hold on my debit card because I had booked through hotwire. I have a prepaid debit card and did not have a $100 on my card at that moment. Mind you I am incredibly sick and ready to vomit and this lady will not let me in my room without this hold. They made me wait in the lobby extremely sick for over an hour while my husband went to put the money on the debit card. Finally they put the $100 hold and we make it to our room. As we make pure way to our room I realize because we booked through hotwire we were given the worst room they had 101 right next to the exit door that was gonna be banging all night. Well that didn't last long as soon as I walked in the room it reeked of mold and mildew. Now I am pregnant and my senses are heightened I vomited instantly from the smell. They switched us to 112 which didn't smell like mold but didn't smell great either. Once the vomiting started it lasted all night long. I finally fell asleep sometime around 7am. I was then woken up by a loud knocking it had put the "do not disturb" sign but clearly that didn't matter to these people. I asked who it it was and they replied"engineer".I opened my door to be confronted by a man and a woman about the smell of marijuana. Now I have terrible stomach issues and they are amplified by my pregnancy I am prescribed marijuana oils to which I vaporize NOT SMOKE! They claimed I was smoking and we're charging me a $150 dollar fee. They were extremely rude and confrontational even with knowing I was pregnant and sick. Mind you they had already put a $100 hold on my card two times because when I extended my stay through hotwire they made me put another $100 dollar hold for the second night. Instead of keeping my hold they took another $150 on top of it. What was the point of putting a hold in the first place if they don't take the fine out of it?! I was not smoking and am upset they charged me $150 based on a smell and nothing else. I don't know what to do now because they have a $200 hold on my debit card and took another $150 that's $350 I do not have. I am pregnant and very sick and my prescriptions cost another of money because I don't have medical. I hate these people and hope based on how they treated me people will support me and not give anymore money to these people

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank pregojan
Robert J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I am truly sorry that you had to wait for your room. When checking in, all hotels require that you have some sort of credit card for incidentals. Your card however did not have any value on it so that was required before we could check you into a room. We did not know that you were pregnant at the time or we would have done everything within our guidelines to make you more comfortable. Regarding the smoking of marijuana, your husband did meet with me and he stated “that smoking marijuana is the only thing that helps with your pregnancy” I explained to him that our hotel is a nonsmoking hotel. He stated to me that if we did not take the smoking charge off than he would contact trip advisor and create a negative review. Again I apologize however we have a zero tolerance for smoking within our building. I hope you feel better for the remainder of your pregnancy and again I apologize that you had to wait for your room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Osterville, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This place is inconsistent. Sometimes reception staff is totally indifferent -- this time we got a warm greeting. It's basic, somewhat worn, convenient airport lodging. Quite overpriced for the quality, but the best location possible. So accept the price and enjoy the convenience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. We do have the best location to the airport. We are the closest hotel to the airport and we never have any noise issues. Also in this area of Airport Hotels we are aggressively more competitively priced than our much larger full service hotels that do not include free breakfast or free Wi-Fi. We include both and for your convenience we open our complimentary breakfast up at 4:30AM. Again thank you for your review, we really appreciate your efforts.
Nonya
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Clean hotel, pretty quiet. The gym could use some updating but the beds were comfortable... Stayed there for a few days on the weekend. However, the manager 'Pat' really needs to be replaced. She has no concept of customer service. Made a simple complain to her and instead of apologizing like any other professional manager would of she just made excuses. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete your survey. I am sorry you had an issue where one of our managers fell short in being able to solve your request. This manager has received hundreds of positive review over the past year through trip advisor. I have already spoken with the manager and we will continue to offer only the best of service to all of our valued customers. Again thank you.
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

First impression was OK, with a pleasant Receptionist who apologised that our room wasn't ready as we had arrived an hour early, and she offered the location of a local beach and restaurant, suggesting we returned in 30 minutes.
On getting back 30 minutes past the 'guaranteed Check In time' we were met by the original Receptionists 'Grumpy Sister' and wow, what a difference!
Our room still wasn't ready, no apology offered, and when it became available, I was called back to the desk by a different name.
As far as the room goes, it was a standard motel room, no frills, not a lot to say. A basic breakfast was nothing to write home about, we ended up sitting in the corridor to get a table.
No Comments Form available, "we use Trip Advisor" - well here are my comments!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Please let me apologize that your room was not ready when you attempted to check in. It was a sold out weekend and we were doing our best to get all of the rooms cleaned however it is obvious that we fell short. Again I apologize. I am also going to take your comments to the front desk and share with the team how to handle situations like this in a positive professional manner. Thank you for taking the time to complete the review and allowing us to use as feedback to the rest of our staff.
South Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were initially concerned about noise based on its proximity to the airport, however, our fears were unfounded as we slept soundly. When we entered the lobby, the clerk was not at the front desk and we had to wait several minutes for her to return. The room was clean and neat and nicely decorated and the bed comfortable. The room darkening drapes did not close completely and required some improvising.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking time out to complete this review. I have already sent our chief engineer up to address the issue you had with our room darkening blinds. Thanks for letting us know. I am glad you still were able to relax and enjoy your stay. Again thanks!
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Close to the airport and easy access to the interstate. Everything I was looking for while on business in the area. Everything was clean and staff was great. Normal morning breakfast with plenty of seating. Will be staying here again on my next trip.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the wonderful review. We are perfectly located and we offer our full breakfast complimentary breakfast starting at 4:30am. Again thank you for the review and we hope to see you again real soon.
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

The park and fly is the way to go if you are traveling any distance to get to the airport. Its only about 20 bucks more than the room rate and allows you to park up to 14 days. Free airport shuttle too.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Tom M
Robert J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Tom,
Yes the Park n Fly is a great deal. I am glad you had the opportunity to try it. I not sure if you are aware but you can also park your car and use your stay at the end of your trip. Before or after…Its your choice! Thank you for the review and I hope you had a great trip.