“Average”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed September 2, 2013

There was no empty space in the parking lot when we arrived. We spent time circulating parking lot. Then we were told to park on the driveway to the hotel. The room was OK. The bathroom was small and inconvenient. The sink was outside the bathroom, and towel rack was inside. Hot breakfast was OK: eggs, beef patties, waffles (the hotel employee is cooking waffles for you, which is nice, and you don't have to wait in line, you will be called when they are ready). The employees were not too polite. The hotel requested to pay $20 security deposit with our credit card when we were checking in, which I consider is very strange and impolite request - we were never asked for it on other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Robert J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our property. I apologize that we fell short on service. You stated that we were just “average” which is very concerning to me. I shared all our comments with the staff and I have addressed your review with the staff and have set a high expectation with everyone. Again, thank you for sharing and I hope that on another visit, you will experience an unforgettable stay.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just stayed there for a quick trip and was impressed with the value we received. Booked through the national site and used my insurance carrier to get a good rate. The room was pretty standard but the fitness room and breakfast was superb. The breakfast staff were great and friendly. While the neighborhood is not the best, the economy made up for any mis-apprehensions we may have had.

Room Tip: A lot of parking and multiple entrances.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the kind and informative review. I am glad that your room was comfortable and you enjoyed our breakfast. The ladies in the breakfast room start their morning at 4 AM so that the room is ready and open at 4:30 AM. They truly do a great job and they always enjoy working with the guest trying to provide outstanding service. You are also correct that the public areas have been remodeled. We have all new carpeting and wallpaper. We have also updated our high speed internet so you can easily stream videos or work from your computer. Again thank you for the review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Location is great. Right off the highway and near the airport. We stayed here and drove into Newport each day. It was not bad at all. Check-in was quick and painless. The staff member at the front desk was helpful and very sweet!
Room was clean enough (not great, but not bad). Looked like the halls and lobby had been recently remodeled. Large parking lot, but it was pretty full. No pool, but cute little fitness center. Ice machine and vending machine in the hall. Both were operational.
The king size bed was very comfortable and the sheets were clean. Pillows were fluffy. Shower head had several settings and water pressure was GREAT. Walls are quite thin, so keep that in mind when you are feeling amorous....
Free breakfast was slightly above average. The yogurts were mini-sized, which was a nice touch. Instead of a long and hostile line for the waffle maker, there was a hotel staff member manning it and making the waffles for guests, while the guests were free to grab a seat and start eating. It was well organized and calm. The staff member was incredibly friendly and funny! Breakfast was really a highlight!!

2  Thank M S
Robert J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for recognizing all of the staff members that made your stay enjoyable. Our team takes great pride in their jobs and we want to make sure that each and every guest has a wonderful experience. We have received many favorable comments this month and I will make sure to share than with the team. Again thank you for review! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

After a long flight we were happy to catch the free airport shuttle and unwind. This is an older place that once must have been pretty fancy and has been well maintained. We'll be happy stay there again. It was clean and smelled good, the staff were very helpful and friendly, the whirlpool tub in our room was just what we needed after a long travel day and then next morning, there was a city paper at our door. Another big plus is the fabulous Italian restaurant right across the parking lot from the lobby. Overall, I highly recommend Comfort Inns, and have stayed in several around the country. The beds are sooo comfortable and the breakfast can't be beat. Special thanks to the desk clerk, K. Lewis, who was friendly, helpful and gave us good information about the area.

Room Tip: I recommend the whirlpool tubs.
1  Thank 33959Loretta8

Thank you for the wonderful review. I will make sure I share all your positive comments with our staff. It always makes me happy when we receive such positive feedback. Again thank you for the review.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We didn't know what to expect but were very pleased. The breakfast was awesome! Well stocked and managed. I wish I had gotten the names of the two women who were stocking the breakfast because they were friendly and did a great job. One of them actually made the waffles for us. Also Pat was very helpful at the main desk:)

1  Thank Patty H

I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel. Our breakfast staff is one of the greatest assets the hotel has to offer and can you believe that they start their day off at 4AM. Our breakfast opens at 4:30AM every morning so you can catch those early morning flights out of TF Greene. Thank you for the kind review and hopefully we will see you back again real soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were in town visiting family, so truly were just bedding down and didn't require any extra frills.

ROOM: very clean, and beds & pillows were really comfortable. We appreciated the bathroom fan (especially after hot showers!) and the separate sink.

STAFF: Your afternoon staff person Susan was WONDERFUL! She was helpful and really friendly - we appreciated her assistance in checking us in a little early so that we could head out to the ocean :-) . And your housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful as well! The only downer is that ONE front desk person was rather gruff ... on our check-out day (Friday August 9th) I was in the lobby waiting for the rain to let up before taking things out to our van, and she was short with not only me when I asked a question, but I noticed less-than-nice interactions with several other guests. (For example when a disabled man asked for a phone book, she sharply replied, "We don't have phone books anymore!" She did not offer him any assistance past that, such as asking him what he needed help finding. Ugh!) My hope is that she was just having a bad day and what I witnessed was not reflective on her usual treatment of guests. (I am not certain but think her name was Cindy.)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ellen N

Thank you so much for the kind review and thank you for recognizing Susan as a great member of the team. We have had a meeting with the team and have showed the positive results a great team member can have on achieving success. Again, thank you for the kind review. We look forward in your next visit with us.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

i am just finishing a four day business trip to Providence. I hadfourrooms total. I would like to commend "Sue" at the front desk. She always filled my requests with character and professionalism. Our requests for services, faxes, missing personal toiletries - every request was graciously attended to. Thank you Sue. You were thebest part of the stay!
Captain John

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Robert J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Captain John,
Thank you for the review and thank you for recognizing Sue. It truly makes me happy when a guest takes time out of their busy schedule to recognize our staff. I will share your comments Sue and the rest of the team. Again Thank You!