“Terrible...So bad that checked out”

Rodeway Inn Airport
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Upon arrival into room noticed an overwelming smell coming from the bathroom. Entered to see that there was an unclean toilet that someone had used. The towels were thorown about the floor and were slightly damp. Leaving the bathroom noticed that the AC unit was not working and moved the drapes to check and found that the window would not close properly. Being on the ground floor and parking level I had a big problem with this. Decided to check the bed as my cousin made a joke about bed bugs.. Lifted the sheet to find human stains on one side of the sheet that completely turned my stomache. After walking to the other side of the bed and throwing back the sheets I discovered numerous ants crawling all over the bed sheets.. That is all i needed and we checked out!

Room Tip: Hampton Inn is only a few blocks away and is a great value
1  Thank RRR22
Robert J, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
I am the new General Manager of the hotel and I am truly sorry that you had such a trerrible experience. From reading your review it is clear that you were checked into a room that was not cleaned. I have set up new procedures so that events like this will not happen. Please if you are ever in the area and need a room, give us another chance. You will see huge inprovements to this facility. Again I apologize and hope to meet you soon. Thank you

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The non-smoking room had a king size bed had a firm mattress which we loved. The sitting area was very comfortable with lighting choices. The bathroom was spacious, clean and had a hot tub. Only complaint was no grab bars or seat/ledge in hot tub. Very old unit and we felt, dangerous to get in and out. A large step on the outside was good but nothing inside. We would stay there again without hesitation. It is next to the airport but they must have soundproofed because we NEVER hear a plane. We saw them coming and going but never heard one. I highly recommend this hotel and their wonderful staff. The free breakfast was wonderful, hot and cold choices.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phyllis H

Dear Phyllis,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am the new General Manager and I an extremely lucky to have such a wonderful staff. We recently just updated our lobby and have many additional plans for the hotel. All of the guest corridors are being carpeted in addition to new wallpaper throughout the hotel. If you are in the area please stop by so that I can personally show you all the upgrades. I think you are going to love them. Again thank you for the review and if there is anything I can do to help you with your next stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I'll take part of the blame for accepting a "smoking" room since that's all that was available at the last minute. I figured, "how bad can it be?". Don't they make room-freshener sprays these days that can take care of such problems? Well, apparently not. This motel has seen fit to set aside one small section of smoking rooms on the first floor and just walking down the hallways is like walking into a Las Vegas casino circa 1969. The odor is instantly overwhelming. Upon opening the room door, the stench was like someone had been smoking in the room for 40 years straight without stopping. We got some spray from the front desk, (they had it ready-at-hand and obviously know this is a problem)...but the spray didn't help much and appeared to be watered-down. We tried opening a window but incredibly the windows do not have screens on them to protect from the mosquitoes. Instantly a few mosquitoes started buzzing about the room but we didn't have to worry, even the bugs couldn't stand the odor. They didn't bother us as they couldn't find our scent as we were camouflaged by the smell of 40 years of smoke. I have sat in rooms with five people smoking at once , and not been disgusted like I was in room 148 of this motel. I will be notifying the health department as I think it may even be illegal to rent out such rooms as they are certainly not healthy. The motel certainly has a low opinion of "smokers" if it thinks that they will accept such downgraded facilities, certainly the non-smoking rooms are much nicer since they get glowing reviews. This room, however, had a disgusting carpet that had nothing to do with the smoke. The carpet had ridges in which the dirt just becomes embedded, and the vacuum cleaner obviously is not strong enough to get down and suck out the embedded dirt. Terrible. The coffee pot was scummy as well, and the air conditioning unit offered little "blowing" power since it's filter was also, apparently, ruined by years of heavy smoking.
Since it was 1am and we had a 6am flight, we stayed, sleeping with the 1st floor window wide open and taking our chances vs. the mosquitoes and criminals. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean and the workers at the early-early morning continental breakfast were very efficient. That's about all I can find that's positive to add. Avoid the "smoking" section of this motel and you should be fine. It's not the Ritz but it's a step-up from the Motel 6 for sure. WE, however, would never stay here again as any motel with the gaul to put people up in a room like this does not deserve support. How difficult would it be to put a screen on the window and put a fan in the room all morning to help air these smoky rooms out? Unforgivable.

Room Tip: Do not accept anything other than a non-smoking room here~!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank joesorce

Dear valued Guest,
I would like to apologize for the condition of the smoking room you experienced. We try our best to keep our smoking rooms as fresh as possible however it truly is a challenge to remove the smell of smoke out of the rooms. We use a machine called an Zontec as well as various sprays however there will always be a smell once a room has been smoked in. That is the reason we are so very careful not to place smoking patrons into nonsmoking rooms.
I am the new General Manager and we have some great opportunities ahead of us at this hotel. We have just recently purchased all new mattresses for all the guest rooms, we have a new & updated Lobby that our guest are loving and we have many more changes taking place in the near future. Please feel free to call me anytime and I can discuss with you all the positive changes that have taken place and if you are in the area I can show you myself personally. Thank you!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Check in was pleasant, went to room and found smoke detector laying on the counter. Went to front desk and they had maintenance take care of it right away. Went out for the evening and when we returned we found no wash cloths in the room, had to use hand towels instead, toilet would not flush, almost overflowed.... good thing we only went #1 lol.......

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mrsshep
Sheraton P, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I apologize for the inconveniences on your stay. We have noticed a few comments on washcloths and we are in the process of getting that resolved. While some comments are not particularly flattering, they do provide us with information to improve our service. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel made my visit to RI a pleasure. I was here on business and ran into a few complications which left me searching for a last-minute hotel. Comfort Inn was so convenient, and what made it stand above the others was the outstanding staff. Specifically, Liz was so professional and helpful. She went to lengths to assist me, and she did it with a laid-back, "no problem" attitude, which was a breath of fresh air. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for writing a review. It is always fun when one of team members is singled out for providing great service. Congrats Liz! There are so many things that make the Comfort Inn a true value, but our team members make us special. So do our great guests. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Good hotel stay. Good size room with all necessary amenities and reasonable cleaningness.
A nice perk is the computer at the lobby for checking email or printing a map. Did not bring along a laptop for the family trip, so this is especially convenient. The hot breakfast has a good selection of choices. The room faces the airport and we can see the planes, but still we did not hear any airplanes.

Chose the hotel for its amenities and price -- Was on the way to Boston, but comparable hotels in Boston area were more expensive. Thought Warwick is close enough to be driving into Boston, just need to get up earlier. However, did not anticipate how congested the roads near Providence were, so still ended up arriving late to the appointment. This might have been a better strategy during the weekends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the nice note and for pointing out some of the amenities of our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us while traveling throughout the region and visiting Boston. From the convenience of our location near the Providence Airport, to the computer in the lobby and our breakfast, we feel we provide a great value and environment to relax. Our clean, comfortable rooms and great staff make it a great place to stay. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel is below average. I stayed 3 days in August 2012 and I have yet to get any washcloths. Each time I approach housekeeping or the front desk, they have none. How do you run a hotel with only hand towels????? The room must not have any insulation I the walls because I can hear everyone's door slamming. After checking the bed for bedbugs i learned the mattress cover lookes to have a blood stain. The fitted sheet did not fit . Hope you don't need rest when staying here, you won't get much. I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
1  Thank Olhandley

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay. We appreciate your feedback and based on the comments we receive, we work to insure the situation you encountered is resolved. We have recently replaced all of our beds in the hotel and we are working with the housekeeping team to insure we get washcloths into our room quicker. We are aware of the issue will have it resolved soon. I am truly sorry that your stay was disappointing.