“Comfort In Airport Warwick, RI Gets a Top Rating”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Liverpool, New York
“Comfort In Airport Warwick, RI Gets a Top Rating”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife, who is from Vietnam, and our two kids and I, will always remember how nice our visit to Warwick, Rhode Island was because of the unusual hospitality of the staff at the Comfort Inn Airport in Warwick, RI. On our first night we had a nicely decorated and well cleaned room with two queen beds. On our next four nights we were given a great suite room by Pat at the desk since the only other rooms left in the hotel room were smoking rooms. This was really important for the health of my kids since even passive smoke is not good for their health. The breakfast everyday is excellent and includes eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, and juice. And the gym downstairs is perfect for a daily workout. Also, the staff at the front desk directed us to the nicest beaches daily. Furthermore, the maids do a very professional job cleaning up the rooms and appear to be very honest, therefore making you feel comfortable with your belongings while at this hotel. And I was able to use Choice Privileges awards points to pay for most of this visit. Harold Mandel, MD http://www.hmenterprises.org

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool at this location because the beaches are nearby.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sheraton P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It will be a pleasure to share your review with our team. It is great to read nice things about our team members. I know Pat will appreciate the kind words. Please come back see us anytime you near the Providence Airport in Warwick. It is more than our location that makes us special, it is our great staff. We appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Wareham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hotel was fine, and the airport transportation was very convenient.
We had a rollaway bed in our room, and nowhere did it mention that there was an extra charge. Not on the web site, not on my confirmation email, not when I checked in, and not when I checked out and signed the slip for my charges. After I got home, I checked my credit card charges online, and noticed a second charge from Comfort Inn. When I called, I was told it was for the rollaway, but I asked why the only charge on the bill I received was for the room, no mention of an additional charge. I was told they would refund the charge "just this once". When I checked my online credit card statement, instead of a refund, I was charged again! I called Comfort Inn, and was told no, it was a credit. Well, then why does the "credit" cause what I have spent on my charge card to go up rather than down????

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Nancy G,

It's nice to hear that you were satisfied with your accommodations! I am very sorry that you were not told about the additional charge for the rollaway. I assure you that I will follow up with accounting today and make sure this is taken care of immediately. You are absolutely correct that the front desk staff should have alerted you about the charge at check in. This will be addressed with them immediately. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, we hope to see you again soon in the near future!
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

This had to have been one of the nastiest hotels I have ever stayed at. The first room I was offered had a strange odor and appeared to not have had the linens changed on the bed. I went back downstairs and got rooms switched. The second room had a slightly damp smell and it was in need of a vacuum. In the morning before I checked out I checked the room to make sure I had not left anything behind and found a water bottle filled with a brown liquid along with a dirty fork under the bed. I brought this to the attention of the front desk agent Susan who discounted my bill by ten percent after Showing her the bottle. The hotels have carpets that stink and need to be replaced. Throughout the hotel there is a horrible smell that only a total refurbishing could remove. I joined the Choice Hotels loyalty program but don't think I will be very loyal if other hotels in the group are like this one. If the Choice Hotels groups has any kind of quality assurance program they obviously have not visited this hotel in years as the comments on tripadvisor reflect ongoing perennial problems concerning housekeeping. Manager of this hotel should be fired or demoted to housekeeper

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cooljazzjunkie
Dear Cooljazzjunkie,

It's very alarming to hear about the challenges you experienced during your recent visit with us. Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience. Rest assure your feedback only helps us to improve our service to our guest's and that we will be addressing your concerns immediately. Cleanliness is such an important part of our business and the issues you experienced are unacceptable and being addressed with the staff. If you do decide to return in the future please contact me directly. I would like to personally guarantee that you have a much better experience with us!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I booked the hotel for it's perfect location (next to the airport which also has a train station into Boston - where I was going next). I'll be honest - I wasn't expecting anything but clean.

The room is spacious, clean, king-sized bed was very comfortable, large flat-screen tv, free wi-fi, free breakfast in the morning, friendly helpful staff... All this for what I considered to be a bargin (one of the cheapest hotels in the area!). When I booked the hotel my primary concern (since it's AT the airport) was noise, but I _never_ heard a plane land or take off.

I do this trip every year, and I see no other reason (for me) to go to any other hotel.

Room Tip: If you do chose this hotel for it's multi-transport options (fly or train) be advised that the t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

It's great to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us! I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We work very hard to provide our guest's with great service and clean rooms. We hope you decide to visit us again soon when you are in the area! Please reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do to help you with your next trip. Thanks again!
Pompano Beach
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is a hotel that is slipping and needs some attention to detail. It was not so bad that I wouldn't go back, but could use more attention. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was as good as any Comfort Inn and is served starting very early in the morning to accommodate those with very early flights. The first and second floor corridors ( the only 2 floors we were on.) have stains that defy cleaning. Our room had a previous visitors undershirt hanging on the bathroom door. The curtains did not close well and one curtain was missing the rod that moves it. We had only one face cloth. My wife went to the employee lounge to use a refrigerator that the front desk suggested we could use. She said the room preparation guidelines were posted there and had they been followed we would have been happy. One of the lamps had the switch on the wrong side and another had one obviously going bad. The room was comfortably furnished. The flat screen TV was fine and a channel guide was located in the welcome book. If I managed this hotel, I would budget for hall carpet replacement ASAP, do a room by room inspection to fix minor annoyances, and inspect rooms after cleaning until I was sure the housekeepers knew and were following the perfectly acceptable room preparation standards that were posted. If it required more staff, I think it would be a good investment.

Room Tip: Check the room before moving in.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very helpful feedback! Rest assure that all of your concerns will be addressed. Your helpful advice will only help us improve for the future! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
warwick ri
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Nasty overall. From the moment you arrive into the depressing driveway ( abandoned buildings right next door ) you feel slightly queasy. But it gets worse. Carpets gross. My room faced the airport BUT I expected the noise and even yuck fumes. When my toilet clogged ( no idea, really ) I was handed a plunger. I keep the plunger because I stayed 2 nights. Yuk. Yuk. Only positive was breakfast which was was surprisingly lengthy ( 4:30 - 10:00). Price O.K.

Room Tip: High floor not facing airport.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rkonschak
Dear Valued Guest,

It is very alarming to hear about your experience and I assure you that all of the items noted by you are being addressed. The level of service you were provided is unacceptable. Your comments only help us to improve our every day business, so I thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. If at anytime you decide to return, please reach out to me directly. I would like to personally guarantee you have a much better experience!
Albany, ny
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Although I slept well I did not like this hotel. The outside is typical of Comfort Inns, the inside was extremely dated. The halls had a chemical odor and the carpets in the hall were dirty. The rooms were very small. We had a room just a parking lot away from the taxi runway to the airport but the soundproofing was great. I am a light sleeper but the planes did not wake me up. The rooms are very dated and the hotel does not pay attention to details. I had to pull the mattress out to plug in the bedside lamp and one bulb was out over the sink. There is a PC in the lobby but I felt I was on dialup from 10 years ago it was so slow. It was a typical Comfort Inn breakfast-powdered eggs etc. Breakfasts at this chain need to be totally redone. Skipped it after the first day since I didn't find anything very appetizing except bacon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sheraton P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing! Your feedback only helps us to improve our everyday operation. Rest assure that your comments will be addressed with the staff. Guest service is our number one priority and when you are not 100% satisfied we are not doing our jobs. We hope you allow us a second chance in the future should you decide to return. I know we can provide better service to you! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!