“Another great stay at a Hilton Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Georgia
“Another great stay at a Hilton Garden Inn”
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Hilton Garden Inns are quickly becoming my favorite choice if I need a mid-priced chain hotel. We chose this hotel since it was close to Providence, but better priced. While it is close to the airport, the surrounding area looked a little rough though and off the beaten path. Like other Garden Inns we have stayed at, the whole hotel looked very new and clean. We had no problems with checking in or out. Our room was comfortable and pleasant. We got the Bed and Breakfast plan and had a very enjoyable and filling hot breakfast. The pool was well maintained and the two computers for guest's use is always appreciated. I can't understand why this hotel is rated as low as it is for Warwick.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Zautman
hgiWarwick, Management Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Greetings:

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We aim to make each guest experience an enjoyable one - I am glad that we have succeeded.

We are proud of the services and amenities that we are able to offer - it is nice to hear that they are well received!

We look forward to accommodating you during your next visit to our area!

Staff of the HGI Providence / Warwick Rhode Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Philadelphia
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I booked the hotel through an 'opaque' travel site and paid about $50 a night. I was actually visiting Newport over Independence Day but got shut out of hotels on the island.

Check in: Quick and easy. Since the room was pre-paid, we were in quickly. The front desk put us in a King room which is always a plus.

Location: About a mile from the airport. Coming off the Jefferson Boulevard exit of I95, hang a left, drive past a large construction yard and the hotel is on the left, across the street from what appears to be a large parking garage under construction. The neighborhood did not leave me breathless. I believe most of the airport hotels are on Post Road along with restaurants and gas stations. There is nothing on this stretch of Jefferson. The hotel has a sign on the front desk warning people to remove GPS devices and stands from cars due to break-ins that have occurred. Also on the second night of my stay Warwick police stopped by after what was described to me as an unstable woman traspassed at the hotel. I would definitely secure my vehicle due to these issues.

Room: Very nice. Spacious and clean. The bathrooms are large and everything was in working order. If you must have a flat screen TV, you will be disappointed. It didn't bother me. Coffee maker, fridge, microwave are all available in the room. I was extremely pleased. Decent channel selection on the TV. The bed is a Select Comfort where you 'dial' your level of comfort. I have never slept on one of these before but found it to be very nice. Very minor complaint is that you can hear everything going on outside the hotel from your room. A group was up late a couple of nights talking out on the patio and I could hear every word these people said.

Amenities: They have a pool and fitness center which we did not use. There is also complimentary internet access which worked well in the room. That is a big plus for me. If you don't have a laptop, the business center is on the first floor and is also complimentary. There is a restaurant on site but breakfast is not free unlike many hotels in this category. Parking is free and there is a shuttle to the airport. There was a laundry room on my floor.

Service: I had little interaction with the staff during my stay, but found everyone that I did meet to be polite and helpful.

Overall: This is a nice property. For the money I paid, the value was tremendous. The neighborhood is ugly, but as long as you make sure to remove anything of value from your car you should be ok. If I were staying in this area again, I would consider this property. Free breakfast would be nice, but free in-room internet is a huge plus for me. I definitely recommend trying the opaque travel sites to book this as the discount over the street price was about 60%.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Greetings:

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for sharing your very kind thoughts regarding our hotel.

We take pride in our property and aim to make each stay an enjoyable one. Customer Service is a top priority and I am very pleased that our dedication has been well received.

The area around us is slowly being built up.

To give you an update there is a new train station that is being built directly across the street from our hotel: it is still underway and moving along rather quickly - it should be opening mid to end of 2010. We have also opened a new restaurant "The Ironworks Tavern" which is attached to the hotel! We are very pleased and excited to share these great new additions with our guests!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future with quite a different look!

The staff of HGI Providence / Warwick Rhode Island
El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel twice in one week on our trip in/out of PVD. The hotel seems to be pretty new and quiet, although the location is a bit odd (it seems to be in an area of older buildings that are being refurbished). The lobby is big and very elegant looking and check in was a breeze. Our room was clean and quiet with an extra comfortable bed. We didn't have the breakfast ($10.99 per person), it smelled great. I'd stay there again and recommend it to others as a good airport hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZoomLady
Greetings:

The area around us is slowly being built up.

To give you an update there is a new train station that is being built directly across the street from our hotel: it is still underway and moving along rather quickly - it should be opening mid to end of 2010. We have also opened a new restaurant "The Ironworks Tavern" which is attached to the hotel! We are very excited to share these great new additions with our guests!

The staff of HGI Providence / Warwick Rhode Island
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 20, 2008

All staff were friendly, helpful, and competent. The room was very comfortable. My Portuguese stew dinner was great, as was the service.

• Liked — Relaxed atmosphere
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed November 19, 2008

Stayed here for 3 nights on business.

Great location, right off I-95 and right down the street from the airport. There isn't much else in the area, good Thai Restaurant across the street, and an excellent craft beer bar (Track 84) right down the street. Plenty of parking and a shuttle is available

24-hour gym, with a universal weight station, 2 treadmills, 1 bike. Also small indoor swimming pool and whirlpool

Rooms were clean, bed comfortable, no complaints. Ordered room service twice, food came up very quick and was above average for hotel food. The breakfast in the morning was also very tasty.

Only complaints were that the free wireless internet was not very reliable and had trouble connecting at times and there is construction going on across the street from the the one side of the hotel. Other than that, would def. stay here again, friendly staff clean hotel.

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank Bonbini26
TravelingTulip
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I love staying at HGIs because of the quality service, nice rooms, and delicioius breakfast- this one was no different! It is wonderfully located near the airport and is a short drive into downtown Providence. They also offer a shuttle service to and from the airport that arrives within minutes of you calling the hotel. The service of the wait staff to the front desk was outstanding. Very accomdating and helpful when asking for directions and recommendations. And the cherry on top is the price! I would totally recommend for anyone passing through or staying for the week!

• Liked — The service!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravelingTulip
Midwest
Reviewed October 24, 2008

This HGI is very close to Providence airport and car rental return. Newer property that was well appointed and comfortable. Large room. Breakfast was nice selection of fresh fruits as well as made to order omelets etc.

• Stayed October 2008