“A little Italian place not to be missed”
Review of The Ripe Tomato

The Ripe Tomato
Ranked #55 of 302 Restaurants in Warwick
Exeter, Rhode Island
“A little Italian place not to be missed”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My sister and I always have great luck when we go out for lunch or dinner, and just wing it.
Today, driving around the crazy Apponaug rotary on the way to who-knows-where for lunch, she said, "Want to try this new place, The Ripe Tomato?" I swerved into the lot. It's a tiny place, with a little bar, and the staff was very attentive.
The menu is simple without too many confusing options, but is 100% authentic Italian. My sister and I split the eggplant parmesan appetizer ($9) and each had a cup of soup ($4, which is actually the size of a bowl). We tried both the Chicken Escarole and the Escarole and Bean and both were absolutely delicious. In addition, we were served a mini loaf of Italian bread with Rosemary olive oil for dipping. With two tall cups of tea, and even some great quality ice water, the bill was around $22.
I wish I had taken photos of the food and the place, but when the food came, I just ate it all!
Do not miss this one if you like nice Italian food AND people :-)

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank 321BethH

Warwick, RI
“So glad this restaurant showed up!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I saw this restaurant after we were noticing the establishment that was originally there seemed to be desolate. On our first visit we had the calamari, a chicken parm sandwich and a garlic chicken pizza. Calamari was nice - the sundried tomatoes in addition to the peppers are a nice addition. My son liked his chicken parm sandwich and the garlic pizza was delicious. Last night as a treat for us I ordered take out: more calamari, the house salad (was very tasty with the apricots and goat cheese and a large portion), the hazelnut chicken pizza (with chix in a hazelnut cream sauce, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and peas.....yes, PEAS). Along with soup (again very good) and a slice of carrot cake.
When I jumped in the car to pick up my order, I told m husband that I have dinner covered. When I returned his statement was: wow - I was just thinking about that place again! Wait staff and owners are very friendly. We like the idea of "supporting your local merchants" and we will definitely return - perhaps bringing a larger crew with us.

• Visited October 2013